Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 09:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.tax  (Read 134 times)
Highflying1 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:01:09 AM

I live in the United States and I’ve almost exclusively used Coinbase for purchases. I also use a couple of exchanges where I’ve made some trades. What can you tell me about Bitcoin.tax?
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:27:35 AM

Bitcoin.tax will calculate all the taxes that you need to pay.

Since you have used Coinbase the transanction history is stored there and it is very easy to export the history. You can ask for a statement from other exchanges too.

You can then use this to calculate your taxes.
baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:32:35 AM

Here is some information might help you.

summarize about the tax rules for cryptocurrency in the United States,
https://cryptocurrencyfacts.com/the-basics-of-cryptocurrencies-and-taxes/
A link help to calculate bitcoin tax: https://bitcoin.tax/
Highflying1 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:23:29 PM

Thank you for the great information.
Highflying1 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

I thought I would update everybody: I’ve been using Bitcoin.tax and there is quite a learning curve-at least for me as someone who is not very computer savvy. With that said, all in all I’m very pleased and I’m glad I’m using the site and I really don’t know what I would do without it.  It’s really easy to import Coinbase transactions and I’ve made some manual entries which seemed a little awkward at first but I believe I have gotten the hang of it. There is a sub-reddit dedicated to bitcointaxes which I have found very helpful. Soon it will be a matter of downloading the proper forms and saving files that my Accountant will need - hopefully this process won’t be very difficult. By chance, does anyone know a CPA in the New York/Connecticut area who is good at working with crypto?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: