Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra now accepts Credit Card and Paypal !!! [Note: CC and Paypal suspended]  (Read 5401 times)
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 08:33:26 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 11:22:15 PM by gmaxwell

Hello Bitcoin Mining Enthusiasts,

It is our goal at CoinTerra to provide the best customer experience to the Bitcoin community. We understand that trust and credibility go a long way, which is why we are proud to announce that as of today, we are now accepting PayPal and credit cards for all orders.

Please visit cointerra.com/shop to see our newly announced 1TH TerraMiner II and the 2TH TerraMiner IV from our January batch.

We look forward to your business and if you have any questions, please get in touch with us.

You can reach us by phone at 512-270-6050 or at info@cointerra.com.

Best Regards,
CoinTerra Team

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:50:55 PM

Good news, but are you now guaranteeing delivery in 20 days?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=39067&topicID=11500005&m=TCI

Buy & Hold
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:54:40 PM

I don't think they are....and that means people can do a chargeback for just about any reason.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:56:56 PM

to be honest

if cointerra delivers what they promised and when they promised it's kind of sad how the whole asic bticoin world developed with the shittiest companies being able to commandeer higher prices for shitty products. best companies showing up later to the game Sad

ok
g0dbra1n

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:15:36 PM

to be honest

if cointerra delivers what they promised and when they promised it's kind of sad how the whole asic bticoin world developed with the shittiest companies being able to commandeer higher prices for shitty products. best companies showing up later to the game Sad

I agree...

I don't think they are....and that means people can do a chargeback for just about any reason.

KNC wasn't delivering withing 20 days https://www.kncminer.com/pages/payment
We all know BLF probably never will deliver within 20 days http://butterflylabs.com/
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:17:50 PM

TBH, I'm rather annoyed at the idea of bringing another 2PH online so quickly.  Only customer orders should come online.  Not 2PH no matter what.  It is kind of rude to the community.

Tired of having money tied up in pre-orders.
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:48:24 PM

TBH, I'm rather annoyed at the idea of bringing another 2PH online so quickly.  Only customer orders should come online.  Not 2PH no matter what.  It is kind of rude to the community.

The sad thing is that the January 2TH unit will never *really* ROI based on the hashing power CoinTerra says they will put on the network.  Yet people should feel comfy because they can find other methods to throw money into this pit.

Cheers! Cheesy
g0dbra1n

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:47:39 PM

The sad thing is that the January 2TH unit will never *really* ROI based on the hashing power CoinTerra says they will put on the network.  Yet people should feel comfy because they can find other methods to throw money into this pit.

Cheers! Cheesy

"Never"? Why do you say never? Doesn't that calculation rely heavily on the bitcoin exchange rate at that time and the $/kwhr you pay?

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:08:21 AM

Cheers! Cheesy

"Never"? Why do you say never? Doesn't that calculation rely heavily on the bitcoin exchange rate at that time and the $/kwhr you pay?

Exchange rate is irrelevant, if you need an exchange rate increase to make a profit you would have been better off buying and holding coins.
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:08:22 PM

Cheers! Cheesy

Yeah, that's interesting actually. If they ship on time as much as they plan, the January 2TH won't make any money. If they don't ship on time you won't get your 2TH unit.

I'd like to see the math, though, as I haven't done the calculations myself.

Best situation for everyone is actually if they are delayed. That way all the KNC, HashFast, and Bitfury customers have time to mine a little first.
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:21:27 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 02:01:25 PM by Threader

yes it is in a miners best interest that the horse they bet on is the only one crossing the finishing line for weeks and if you are very lucky months ahead of the others. I feel the premium asked by manufacturers capable of early 2013 autumn delivery is well worth the premiums.

2014 will be total Dog eat Dog arms escalations
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:28:04 PM

http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/

has better prices for the hash-rates...

and will ship earlier than CoinTerra

just sayin'
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:04:44 PM

tbh, i dont think any mining equipment gear is profitable any longer from any manufacturer. the daily pool is too small and unless the xchange price rises a lot than every single miner will be better off buying coins today off the exchange.

ok
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:16:27 PM

tbh, i dont think any mining equipment gear is profitable any longer from any manufacturer. the daily pool is too small and unless the xchange price rises a lot than every single miner will be better off buying coins today off the exchange.

Like I've always said - right now isn't the time to get into mining. 12 to 18 months ago was a good time... Right now I wouldn't be buying anything from oem. But my BFL SCs were already roi'd before I ever get them. I spent 3k on bfl fpga stuff a year and a half ago, and used some of the profits to pay for upgrades.

kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:11:32 PM

cointerra have the lower price but late shipment, its make buyer hard to decide how to choose..

dragonkid

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:12:17 PM

Hello Bitcoin Mining Enthusiasts,

It is our goal at CoinTerra to provide the best customer experience to the Bitcoin community. We understand that trust and credibility go a long way, which is why we are proud to announce that as of today, we are now accepting PayPal and credit cards for all orders.

Please visit cointerra.com/shop to see our newly announced 1TH TerraMiner II and the 2TH TerraMiner IV from our January batch.

We look forward to your business and if you have any questions, please get in touch with us.

You can reach us by phone at 512-270-6050 or at info@cointerra.com.

Best Regards,
CoinTerra Team

Today I was going to buy 2 miners from your company, and discovered that you no longer accepts Credit Card or Paypal!!

cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:10:05 PM

Today I was going to buy 2 miners from your company, and discovered that you no longer accepts Credit Card or Paypal!!

Dragonkid,

Due to circumstances outside of our control, we have been forced to suspend accepting payments through PayPal.

I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you, but we are working on getting an alternate credit card processor as soon as possible.

We are still accepting BitCoin and wire transfer, and since the availability is limited, we encourage our customers to secure payment through one of these methods to ensure your place in queue.

Regards,
CoinTerra Support

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:11:47 PM

Due to circumstances outside of our control, we have been forced to suspend accepting payments through PayPal.

Hi,

did Paypal reference the situation with BFL when explaining their suspension?

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:20:14 PM

Dragonkid,

I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you, but we are working on getting an alternate credit card processor as soon as possible.

We are still accepting BitCoin and wire transfer, and since the availability is limited, we encourage our customers to secure payment through one of these methods to ensure your place in queue.

Regards,
CoinTerra Support

After the BFL, Terrahash, and Avalon debacles, I would strongly encourage folks to only pre-order using credit card and/or paypal because they offer buyers recourse in case of late or non delivery. There is nothing at all secure about paying by BTC or wire transfer.
dragonkid

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:35:41 PM

Dragonkid,

Regards,
CoinTerra Support

After the BFL, Terrahash, and Avalon debacles, I would strongly encourage folks to only pre-order using credit card and/or paypal because they offer buyers recourse in case of late or non delivery. There is nothing at all secure about paying by BTC or wire transfer.

That doesn't explain why KnCMiner still accept Paypal and Credit Card payment.

I am not going to buy unless there is either paypal or credit card. As you have said, it is not wise to pre-order using Bitcoin or Bank Transfer.

Cointerra Support when will your company be accepting credit card again? How long are we talking about when you said as soon as possible? How many days time? Weeks? Months?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: