Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra now accepts Credit Card and Paypal !!! [Note: CC and Paypal suspended]  (Read 5401 times)
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:57:50 PM

Today I was going to buy 2 miners from your company, and discovered that you no longer accepts Credit Card or Paypal!!

Dragonkid,

Due to circumstances outside of our control, we have been forced to suspend accepting payments through PayPal.

I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you, but we are working on getting an alternate credit card processor as soon as possible.

We are still accepting BitCoin and wire transfer, and since the availability is limited, we encourage our customers to secure payment through one of these methods to ensure your place in queue.

Regards,
CoinTerra Support

Then screw you guys. The point of having Paypal or CC payment is so if you guys screw up and delay shipment for a month. We can cancel the order any time.

Otherwise PRICE your equipment accordingly if you want ppl to take such huge risk for little to no reward (break-even point). You guys know damn well 2PH to the network would mean ONLY you can profit from selling equipment.

fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:14:57 PM

No CC , No Paypal Huh

Cointerra...

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:47:49 PM

Blame banksters dood.

Bitfury US is also having a hell of a time getting banksters to help them accept cc payments. Banksters don't like bitcoin.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:57:23 PM

Blame banksters dood.

Bitfury US is also having a hell of a time getting banksters to help them accept cc payments. Banksters don't like bitcoin.

BS, KnC offer both Paypal and now have the largest bank in Skandanavia, SEB offering them a merchant account. It's to do with accountability and what the third parties request from you to provide.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:01:41 PM

Blame banksters dood.

BS, KnC offer both Paypal and now have the largest bank in Skandanavia, SEB offering them a merchant account. It's to do with accountability and what the third parties request from you to provide.

Exactly !

I was interested in some Cointerra gears...
But this "reversal"...not so much now...

I'm going to put some more money for KNCminer.

Sorry Cointerra.

ps: With Avalon and BFL fiasco ...we learn a lot...
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 08:08:56 PM

http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/

has better prices for the hash-rates...

and will ship earlier than CoinTerra

just sayin'

You're getting ignored for this one....you guys are brazen and shamelss with your plugs.

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:33:34 PM

yes that is BS. If you're confident on your product and delivery time. You shouldn't have to worry about chargebacks. You may need to get a higher risk merchant account. But you can definitely get a merchant account and take credit cards. It all comes down to, how confident are you on your delivery date and product?

regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
creativex

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:22:28 AM

Blame banksters dood.

How way awesome for knc. Probably help them to sell even more second rate FPGA to ASIC copies. Bitfury US is just lying then? I mean unlike knc they actually have a product to sell, but aren't processing cc orders...because...bitcoin I presume? Paypal? When did knc start taking pre-orders? What's PPs policy on pre-order time to delivery again? Do you even think before you pump knc in multiple threads?

Stupid shill. Get your nose out of knc's ass for 5mins.

roy7

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:38:19 AM

Bitfury found a credit card processor that will work with bitcoin companies. Doesn't appear PayPal wants to any longer though.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:13:31 PM

Today I was going to buy 2 miners from your company, and discovered that you no longer accepts Credit Card or Paypal!!

Dragonkid,

Due to circumstances outside of our control, we have been forced to suspend accepting payments through PayPal.

I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you, but we are working on getting an alternate credit card processor as soon as possible.

We are still accepting BitCoin and wire transfer, and since the availability is limited, we encourage our customers to secure payment through one of these methods to ensure your place in queue.

Regards,
CoinTerra Support

In the interest of fairness and accuracy you should change the title of the thread and edit the OP to reflect the fact you are currently not able to accept those payment methods.
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:34:09 PM

Dragonkid,

Regards,
CoinTerra Support

In the interest of fairness and accuracy you should change the title of the thread and edit the OP to reflect the fact you are currently not able to accept those payment methods.

Exactly, you should change it to CointTerra no longer accepts Credit Card or PayPal!!

Also do the same for your Twitter and Facebook accounts, too.

tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

I am too later for one or two miners and no more PP or CC.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:05:32 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 05:20:22 PM by Bitcoinorama

Blame banksters dood.

How way awesome for knc. Probably help them to sell even more second rate FPGA to ASIC copies. Bitfury US is just lying then? I mean unlike knc they actually have a product to sell, but aren't processing cc orders...because...bitcoin I presume? Paypal? When did knc start taking pre-orders? What's PPs policy on pre-order time to delivery again? Do you even think before you pump knc in multiple threads?

Stupid shill. Get your nose out of knc's ass for 5mins.

What's your freakin' problem?! Doesn't one of Bitfury's distributors accept card payments? I was sure they did, this guy claims to; http://www.minersource.net/bitfury-drillbit-system/4579443198  

Black Arrow certainly does.

I actually wrote a message complimenting an supporting Cointerra in assuming accountability for their product promises and timeline by using Paypal only yesterday. Does that make me a Cointerra shill? I've always supported Bitfury. Does that make me a Bitfury shill?! Then later I saw this thread. Get over yourself you bitter fool, and if you have actual proof of me being a shill PM me some. As far as i'm aware I've never told anyone to buy anything, I've only shared facts reasoned with evidence and told people to do their own research and pay for pre-order items with secured payment methods.

Where have I claimed Bitfury is lying? The guy I ws replying to was claiming the reason for the lack of Paypal is 'banksters', when clearly that's not the case when there is a valid company selling Bitcoin hardware both with Paypal and direct Credit Card payment with a merchant account at a well known institution.

There's a lot less risk with Bitfury's products to hand, perhaps in Bitfury's case Paypal aren't comfortable with Russia, but then I was under the impression Paypal aren't comfortable with China, yet Black Arrow appears to have managed. Clearly you're just a loser that's never read anything I post correctly, and jumps to unsubstantiated conclusions.

I just want people to have a fair and safe purchase experience from a continuous source of unknowns, many who have scammed people on this forum. Why is that so hard to understand? I do not believe Cointerra are intent on scamming. I do however believe Hashfast are being deliberately dishonest with respect to delivery and specs, as they have removed all accountability and liability from their terms that they update frequesntly after sales have taken place. They now have just added a new severability term in their terms of sale (No.20 that states they can do whatever they want, when they want, change terms without any prior consultation or contact with their customers at will, removing any protection their buyers have). I also feel Cointerra are claiming best case simulated specs, and that makes me question why they have stopped accepting Paypal now. Why should I be persecuted for wanting people and their funds to be treated with respect? Why should I be persecuted for trying to forewarn and educate people as to how to safely purchase pre-order goods?

abacus

Activity: 618

a clockwork miner

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

I second the request to change the title. Actually it states the very opposite.
Should it be reported to the mods?

Sorry CoinTerra, nothing against you, but we are seeing too many false promises in the ASICs  era.
creativex

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:39:54 PM

blah blah blah uninformed shill wall of text blah blah blah

Holy sh1t man, aren't you the same stupid shill that attacked cyphershill for abusing cc chargebacks? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270363.0 Did someone hack your shill account? This abuse goes on constantly. Search bfl threads for people placing orders using pp that they're 99% certain won't be delivered within the 45 day window. They just treat it like a call option, chargeback, and re-up after 40 days. Is it any wonder at all that new BTC OEMs are having difficulty getting pp merchant accounts with people pulling this crap? Just because your precious knc was able to get a cc underwriter doesn't make everything sunshine and rainbows for everyone else trying to do the same anywhere on the globe. How many serious vendors do you think there are in Sweden anyway?

So someone resells a pre-order for barntech's diy board based on bitfury chips and you equate that to a "Bitfury distributors accept card payments"?!? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266235.0

Get a clue. You don't even know what you're blathering about.

Ignored.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:16:17 PM

blah blah blah uninformed shill wall of text blah blah blah

Holy sh1t man, aren't you the same stupid shill that attacked cyphershill for abusing cc chargebacks? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270363.0 Did someone hack your shill account? This abuse goes on constantly. Search bfl threads for people placing orders using pp that they're 99% certain won't be delivered within the 45 day window. They just treat it like a call option, chargeback, and re-up after 40 days. Is it any wonder at all that new BTC OEMs are having difficulty getting pp merchant accounts with people pulling this crap? Just because your precious knc was able to get a cc underwriter doesn't make everything sunshine and rainbows for everyone else trying to do the same anywhere on the globe. How many serious vendors do you think there are in Sweden anyway?

So someone resells a pre-order for barntech's diy board based on bitfury chips and you equate that to a "Bitfury distributors accept card payments"?!? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266235.0

Get a clue. You don't even know what you're blathering about.

Ignored.

No, read again smart ass, I said weren't one of Bitfury's distributors offering Paypal, as a couple of months back they were. The link I gave was not an official distributor of Bitfury, as you have just acknowledged above. You can't have it both ways. Shame you don't read the text, you might even stand a chance of demonstrating knowledge, but alas like most people that get burnt on the forum, you do no research for yourself of any merit and continue to make poor assumptions to fit your real motive.

Again, I have only ever reasoned arguments with valid research and told people to follow through with their own to confirm for themselves, and both advised and informed them as to how to securely pre-order. That's not being a shill, by any definition.

roy7

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:25:42 PM

This may be what he is thinking of:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg3179187#msg3179187

They are the official USA distributor for BitFury and have finally located a bitcoin-friendly credit card processing option (again, they used to take credit card orders early on I think).
creativex

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:31:12 PM

Don't really care what he's thinking in his knc rainbow addled brain. I've had an order in with Dave Carlson's outfit(bitfury US) since 8/8. I followed their guidelines for requesting manual cc payment processing and have yet to be contacted to pay for my order. They've had problems getting banks to help them.

RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:02:05 PM

Maybe it is the reason:
They will be up on the store, but not for sale until they are in stock - no more presale items - its a condition of accepting credit cards.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:28:30 PM

I second the request to change the title. Actually it states the very opposite.
Should it be reported to the mods?

Sorry CoinTerra, nothing against you, but we are seeing too many false promises in the ASICs  era.
Already reported to mods for a title change.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: