Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO guidelines from Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA  (Read 105 times)
Silber (OP)

Activity: 1154
Merit: 154

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:28:54 PM
Merited by alyssa85 (1)

Today the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA release an ICO guidelines.

That's a positive Signal, because that`s means Swiss ICO will be 100% legal and regulated - no legal risk that the Swiss Government could banning ICO in generel.

https://www.finma.ch/en/news/2018/02/20180216-mm-ico-wegleitung/

mor details: https://www.finma.ch/en/~/media/finma/dokumente/dokumentencenter/myfinma/1bewilligung/fintech/wegleitung-ico.pdf?la=en

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:33:52 PM

Today the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA release an ICO guidelines.

That's a positive Signal, because that`s means Swiss ICO will be 100% legal and regulated - no legal risk that the Swiss Government could banning ICO in generel.
I think that what is more important than the risk the government might ban it one day, is the risk that the particular ICO you buy is a scam and you will never see your money nor any return from it again. And that particular move of Swiss authority is perfectly adequate to solve the problem of ICOs being scam.

So I am happy to hear that and I can only hope the other coutries follow that example.

Silber (OP)

Activity: 1154
Merit: 154

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:49:58 PM

I think that what is more important than the risk the government might ban it one day, is the risk that the particular ICO you buy is a scam and you will never see your money nor any return from it again. And that particular move of Swiss authority is perfectly adequate to solve the problem of ICOs being scam.

So I am happy to hear that and I can only hope the other coutries follow that example.
Yes, I know that a lot of ICOs are Scam, but those Scams are possible because there are no regulations at all - ICOs need to be regulated and not be banned. Other Countries have only a negativ view on ICO an Cryptos, some of those countries have already banned Cryptos or will banning Cryptos in the future. As a Swiss citizen I`m glad that Swiss Government have a positiv view about Cryptos.

That is a very good Statementfrom the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA):
"FINMA recognises the innovative potential of blockchain technology and therefore supports the federal government's Blockchain/ICO Working Group in which it is participating. Clarity about the underlying civil law framework will be a decisive factor in establishing this technology sustainably and successfully in Switzerland."
bug.lady

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:29:55 PM

Yes, I know that a lot of ICOs are Scam, but those Scams are possible because there are no regulations at all - ICOs need to be regulated and not be banned. Other Countries have only a negativ view on ICO an Cryptos, some of those countries have already banned Cryptos or will banning Cryptos in the future. As a Swiss citizen I`m glad that Swiss Government have a positiv view about Cryptos.
I agree we are thinking along the same lines, here. One of the reasons that scam is possible is undoubtly the lack of regulations and that is why I am saying I am happy that it is happening. It is not only Swistzerland, though, I read somewhere that Gibraltar under UK jurisdiction is implementing those measures too. And I think it is good.

But I don't think that the lack of regulations will result in outright ban. Rather, it will result in many people being scammed for their life savings.

leland orser

Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:35:33 PM

Indeed, Switzerland is a friendly country to ICO.
It is not overly regulated, and most of the ICO projects in Switzerland are excellent. There will not be a lot of fraudulent ICO projects. I am generally optimistic about the ICO projects in Switzerland.

bug.lady

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:47:35 PM

There is a nice article on this topic, I have just found it so I will share, it gives the approach to ICO taken by different countries. It seems there are more countries that want to regulate it to prevent scam. I can only repeat, it is good, I think.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/from-gibraltar-to-australia-how-countries-approach-icos

Tsar Bomba

Activity: 211
Merit: 10

BountyHunter|AirdropHunter|Pretty Girl Hunter

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:53:45 PM

Wow! This is really awesome news. Personally I believe that regulating cryptos, ICOs, and cryptoexchanges have a good advantage. At least, it's better than banning or restricting people's freedom of using blockchain technology which is impossible coz' we all know that no one can fight the future and technological evolution.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: