Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mintij - CoinTerra Hardware Collocation  (Read 681 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mintij (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 09:16:40 PM

My name is Bryan Martin and I am a Texan who loves technology. I have worked for a Fortune 50 computer manufacturer doing product development.  I also have business development and IT management experience.

I mined my first Bitcoin in June 2011 and have gone through all the technology changes since. Managing mining equipment at home was challenging because of all the heat, so I collocated equipment close to the manufacturer. This enabled me to get rid of the power and cooling issues as well as to take advantage of quick bring-up time, and enabled fast warranty repairs. Collocating equipment made managing my mining equipment much simpler. So, when I saw CoinTerra was coming online, I looked to see how collocating would work in Austin but I did not find a Bitcoin focused provider.

I really love the Bitcoin community and I thought I’d be ideally suited to fill this market need. I have created Mintij as the collocating company I would want to host my equipment. And what do I want in a provider?  Someone who can host my equipment and keep it running without me having to do anything. 

My goal is to create a low to no maintenance environment. From day one, your mining hardware will be cataloged and placed into production controllable via a secure web portal. We will locate all equipment in a top tier, professional environment that includes redundant power, internet, cooling, and security.  This significantly reduces equipment downtime and decreases the amount of monitoring and worrying you’ll have to do. Local to the mining cluster will be a 0% pool, reducing your share get and reporting latency. Of course, through the web portal you can enter any pool destination.

I have been running the numbers and initial estimates are $625/month for a year contract based on 2TH in 4U space utilizing 1200 watts. Volume significantly drives down pricing so we need interest. The more folks showing interest will allow for better contract price negotiation. There will likely be a onetime setup fee to cover those non-reoccurring installation costs.

If there is interest in hosting manufacturer’s products other than CoinTerra in Texas, please fill out the reservation form and if there is enough interest I can start pricing things out.
I have created a website (mintij.com) to gauge interest. Please feel free to use this forum or the website to provide feedback.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: