Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations! we did it - people are saying bitcoins are a game for the rich  (Read 1339 times)
superduh (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:02:27 PM

it's a milestone in my opinion.
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/09/17/bitcoin-as-a-hedge-against-the-fed-cameron-and-tyler-winklevoss/

Bob Frank
We've gotten so lazy that we can't even develop a real product that someone will buy, so we start making #### up...   Good luck on this one...  a game for the rich.  I wouldn't touch it with a 6 foot pole.

besides the millions of ignorant comments on the internet this one is giving me chuckle.
people are viewing bitcoins as something for the rich

that means bitcoin made it...... right?

ok
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:12:35 PM

Cheesy it made something right, yes

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:16:56 PM

I guess to Mr. Frank, the internet is also not a "real product."  Just make shit up huh, well he should be pretty rich if it's that easy.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:19:17 PM

So, shall we say, you are pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite now? Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.0

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:19:57 PM

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/09/17/bitcoin-as-a-hedge-against-the-fed-cameron-and-tyler-winklevoss/

Bob Frank
We've gotten so lazy that we can't even develop a real product that someone will buy, so we start making #### up...   Good luck on this one...  a game for the rich.  I wouldn't touch it with a 6 foot pole.

besides the millions of ignorant comments on the internet this one is giving me chuckle.

the winkle twins have notr truly understood botcoins and are using bitcoin fame to till their own pockets. when investing through the winkle twins you do not own actual bitcoins. you own a digital numeric representation of a bitcoin, which actually never leaves the winkles ownership.

basically you own shares in their holdings not the actual bitcoin they hold. it wont bring easier method to buy bitcoin, it wont be spendable in shops. its just a share purchase, so yes the winkle investments are just for the rich, not for the average consumer that wants actual bitcoins.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
superduh (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:24:00 PM

Bob Frank

the winkle twins have notr truly understood botcoins and are using bitcoin fame to till their own pockets. when investing through the winkle twins you do not own actual bitcoins. you own a digital numeric representation of a bitcoin, which actually never leaves the winkles ownership.

basically you own shares in their holdings not the actual bitcoin they hold. it wont bring easier method to buy bitcoin, it wont be spendable in shops. its just a share purchase, so yes the winkle investments are just for the rich, not for the average consumer that wants actual bitcoins.

that was a user comment - and i'm 100% certain he's talking about bitcoins not the ETF. ETF is a strange product they are offering i'm sure it will have it's purposes too. but, yea congratulations to all for getting rich in the last 3/4 years Tongue now people view you with confusion as well as envy.

ok
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:30:08 PM

So, shall we say, you are pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite now? Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.0

Like we needed some random dude on the interwebs to tell us that... pffffff
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:45:44 PM

Who says there are 21 million bitcoins, the twins?  What is to stop the twins from doubling them over night?  Bitcoins are a "virtual" currency.  So what is to stop a hacker from hacking in and multiplying them, and then selling them online?  If I decide to get out of paper - which I can at least hold in my hand - I do not think I will go into electrons.  Gold, silver, platinum or something else tangible is the way I will go.  And I will not sell those for bitcoins.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, I'm off to troll people with that reply

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable