Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitCab - Ridesharing 2.0 for the blockchain age  (Read 2058 times)
Dreadtrader

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:57:22 AM

Who will determine the list of questions worthy of falling on vote? Will Bitcab have a special committee to deal with such issues?
spyQQgood

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:23:55 PM

How long will it take resolving of one dispute between users? I hope that less than a week.
ilcaramba

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:09:54 PM

Hello. If I don't have enough money to go through maintenance, but I really want to join your platform, can I get a loan?
BitCab

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:10:36 PM

Good afternoon. How are u gonna to protect the network from the hacker attacks? Anyway, u use fiat, and it makes the transactions attackable.

Thanks for your question Gamelander!

Any system has a degree of risk, but in BitCab it will be relatively minor. CAB transactions are fully on-chain and hence will be protected by normal blockchain mechanisms built into the blockchain we use (e.g., as any ERC20 token). Fiat transactions involve a different type of risk, but this is very much a solved problem - I cannot recall any major transaction hacking problems reported by Uber, Lyft or other traditional ride-sharing players.
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:31:14 PM

Hey there. Some drivers can provide fake info about the condition of its car. How are u gonna struggle against this? 

Good question woodcoin! This will be the role of Offline Approvers on BitCab ecosystem - they will have a checklist of criteria to evaluate when meeting with the driver and inspecting the car, and will face penalties if soon thereafter multiple riders report any of these conditions are not met. Approvers will therefore have an incentive to conduct the check thoroughly. Drivers will also face penalties for poor customer feedback and for riders reporting their car as not answering the requirements thus creating an incentive to keep their car in required condition and provide great customer service.
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 04:24:37 PM

Will the driver get additional reward for placing the links to his profiles in social networks?  It seems to me that this can increase the level of credibility of your service.

Thanks for continuing to study our project and ask questions dort!

Our philosophy is to incentivize outcomes valuable for the ecosystem, not just activities. Therefore the driver (or any participant) will be rewarded with tokens if through this social network links a new participant joins and conducts transactions / performs valuable actions on the ecosystem such as, e.g., riding or driving. However there will not be a reward for simply adding links as this would be easily gamed.
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 04:45:17 PM

Good afternoon. I see that u encourage the mutual help within the framework of the community, but will there be a traditional technical support service in BitCab?

Thanks for a thoughtful and pragmatic question g8stTDas!

We might need to have it in the early stages of launching and testing the product. Over time we expect that all user issues will be possible to be solved by community Sages and Arbiters.
superwallet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:37:26 PM

Good afternoon. Do you plan to expand your platform through adjacent platforms? For example, through a second-hand car selling service.
slavonicpl

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:39:42 PM

If one of your drivers violates driving regulations, is he obliged to pay a fine by himself, or you will help him in this?
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:19:25 PM

Here’s a question on arbitration: what’s the minimum number of the platform’s participants that is necessary to come to a decision on a case? It’s obvious, that there should be several experts.

Great question bars_kz. Let me quote from our white paper:

Arbiters specify languages they speak and are matched randomly with requests to review in that language. 3 Arbiters review each application and the request is approved only if all 3 agree it should be approved (if no consensus, request is escalated to a new randomly selected trio of Arbiters). If a particular Arbiter is consistently missing the consensus vote, they will be banned from being an Arbiter to prevent bad actors (e.g., those trying to game the system by approving or denying all requests without reading them)

You can find further details on different roles on pages 16-19 in our white paper: https://bitcab.io/BitCab_WhitePaper.pdf
hollybit

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:43:26 PM

Hello. On your platform, you can issue loans only in BitCab tokens or there are other variants of cryptocurrencies?
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:00:11 PM

Hi. How are u gonna motivate people to become arbitrators? This work is really nervous and i’m afraid that financial stimulation isn enough in this case.

Thanks for your question robinzzon! What is particularly nervous about the role of an Arbiter? All an Arbiter will do is read the case materials and vote one way or the other.

You are raising an important question though about attracting enough people to fulfill all necessary functions on the platform. There are a few parts to this. One will be having a price seeking algorithm which will adjust reward for each service depending on how fast the market clears seeking to get it to clear within a specific timeline for each activity. Another important part is incentivizing Champions to bring more people on the ecosystem to fulfill all the functions.
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:20:20 PM

Interesting project. I will try to check this project.

Thank you for your interest yamazikuza!
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

Will it be possible to use your platform in order to create a local service for search of drivers? The current level of taxi services in my town leaves much to be desired, and i’m ready to change the situation. 

Hi Veecker, not sure if I understood your question correctly, but there are a few aspects of local driver search touching on BitCab ecosystem. One is you can of course use the app to catch a ride with a local driver. Another one is you could become a Champion and recruit your local drivers onto the app, creating a sustainable income stream for yourself proportional to their activity on the app in perpetuity!
Immer

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:11:22 PM

Uber sometimes has problems with the law that forces the corporation to pay huge fines. Which country's legislation will govern you?
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:24:07 PM

Can uber - bitcab professionals be paid with project tokens? And what will be the rates for each transaction, for example request a uber (bitcab) for such location, how will the transaction rate be calculated?
momo

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

In Airbnb, the age of drivers is constantly checked to make sure that they pay the appropriate amount of taxes. How will this issue be resolved in BitCab?
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

Good afternoon. Can one and the same user play multiple roles in the community? They don't seem contradictory to me.

Hi deort,

Absolutely! This is part of the beauty of being a member of a diverse, flexible ecosystem - you get to wear many hats. E.g., you could money as a Driver and also utilize your network to bring more Drivers into the ecosystem as a Champion to earn additional tokens based on their activity and also play Arbiter role in your spare time when you don't feel like driving but want to make some earnings.
BitCab

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 11:59:02 PM

Hello. Does the weight of my vote depend on the number of tokens on my wallet? I believe that for each member should be assigned an equal number of votes.

Hi CAraBuss and thanks for your question! For community-level decision making we plan to stick with "one token = one vote" principle as ownership stake in the ecosystem is a very strong incentive to make decisions in the interest of the ecosystem.
storfox

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:59:14 PM

Can any entrepreneur create a small local enterprise? Do i receive a one-time reward for every new driver in referral system, does it work the same as in Uber? Will you be adopting delivery service like Uber is opening up too?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: