Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:18:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction fees are a tax on BTC  (Read 568 times)
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:10:03 AM

Yes, the fees are comparatively high pertaining btc transaction.Since, then many people also hesitate to get some transactions done but still they hesitate because of the growing fees day by day.I agree the miners confirm the transactions and its their fees , for a common man like me the fees is damn high, fees has to be negotiated well and then finalized to get more transactions done in the pipleline. Once fees are reduced, people will get the comfort zone and enable them do more transactions.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dhrazzen

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:30:15 AM

Transaction fees make a blockchain to work. The required fee in bitcoin is not a tax in the government but a payment to the bitcoin miners. Without fees you cannot transac in bitcoin so, fees and tax is different.
thirdprize (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:21:42 AM

OP here.  But what you all have described IS a tax.  Tax is taking money from one thing to pay for another thing.  We pay a % of our income and it goers to fund schools and hospitals.  As Btc is anonymous, it doesn't go through any governments but it goes via the blockchain itself.  The fees pay for the miners.  No different to VAT.

enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

Taxes, like death, are inevitable.  When they go up, people complain.  Txn fees are a form of tax on BTC that goes to the miners.  No-one wants to pay them but they have to.

Yes, I agree
but no problem with his fee if the transaction process is fast. this is the obstacle at this time.
so I prefer to interact with altcoin to make it easier
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:29:29 AM

Transaction fee on bitcoin transaction is negligible it is too low yea in previous time there were issue came on transaction fee and speed due to network overloaded problems but that issue was solved and now everything is working OK. Fee on transaction of bitcoin as compare to bitcoin price is too low and transaction is also very fast.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:32:33 AM

Well, taxes are raised by governmental organizations. I do not consider the miners to be that.
I see the transactions fees as what they are: fees. Money I give to the miners in order that they do something for me.
I even can say how much I want to give them, and depending on that amount they execute my order sooner or later.
When I look at taxes, I can not choose how much I want to give. There I have to give the amount that is asked.

It's me!!!
thirdprize (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:35:36 AM

Well, taxes are raised by governmental organizations. I do not consider the miners to be that.
I see the transactions fees as what they are: fees. Money I give to the miners in order that they do something for me.
I even can say how much I want to give them, and depending on that amount they execute my order sooner or later.
When I look at taxes, I can not choose how much I want to give. There I have to give the amount that is asked.

at least taxes are determined fairly.  Fees are not.

00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:54:49 AM

Taxes, like death, are inevitable.  When they go up, people complain.  Txn fees are a form of tax on BTC that goes to the miners.  No-one wants to pay them but they have to.
I think it is impossible to charge a tax on BTC. Because BTC exists around the world, but the trading floors are of a nation. and the trader on the floor is unknown origin. Therefore, the collection of BTCs based on transaction costs is inaccurate. I think each government must take measures about the country's bitcoin trading activities.
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:58:15 AM

Well, everything in the world has to be paid. For fast, secure and anonymous payments using Bitcoin too. Thanks to the transaction fees, the network exists.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
bobylevamo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:04:38 AM

I do not have much problem with transaction fees as they go to miners. But the issue of slow transactions is a headache for me.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:43:27 AM

TX fees are TX fees, Taxes are Taxes - they re different. And Israel is planning a 42% tax on Bitcoiners https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/bitcoin-is-property-israel-tax-authority/
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:13:03 AM

We can not have it all. So paying the miners that confirm bitcoin transactions is a must. We pay commission on transactions consummated in our conversational banks 
zigfridkr

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:28:50 AM

If you will not pay transaction fees, what will the miners get. Actually, the transfer fees is much less in comparison to other payment systems.
Morning honor

Activity: 216
Merit: 17

Xircus

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:30:26 PM

For some reason you can say that its a tax but it is less compare to the real tax.

ShotGun_1993

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:08:36 PM
Merited by dumbtool45 (1)

No,I don't think so
Goverments not get anything from BTC
Transaction fees not a tax!
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:13:31 PM

No,I don't think so
Goverments not get anything from BTC
Transaction fees not a tax!
Tax doesn't necessarily have to include governments or democracy.OP implies,the fees are for transactions are just like the service taxes paid on purchase/delivery of goods just like the real world ecosystem.
Less does he know that without miners,network wouldn't exist.Here 'tax-paid' is to continue using the currency of the internet.

Well, everything in the world has to be paid. For fast, secure and anonymous payments using Bitcoin too.
In 2018 if you mention 'Bitcoin is anonymous',you're wrong.
spacesniper93

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:17:45 PM

Transaction fees in Bitcoin is likely the gas when you're using the car. Did you consider your paid on gas as a fee for your  car? I don't think so.
yana0901

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:10:32 AM

Can I send a bit of bitcoin? Of course, the minimal part of bitcoin is Satoshi. It's like a penny from the ruble
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:10:37 PM

We can not have it all. So paying the miners that confirm bitcoin transactions is a must. We pay commission on transactions consummated in our conversational banks  

Its that simple but i don't understand why some people keep stretching this matter up because the miners must also be paid somehow and how can that be linked to paying taxes? Commissions are paid everyday on our bank transfers and other fiat remittances all over the world and so its nothing new with bitcoin if you are paying a little in transaction fees.
Copulative

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:22:58 AM

Truly, the expenses are relatively high relating btc  transaction. Since, at that point numerous individuals likewise falter to complete a few exchanges yet at the same time they dither in view of the developing charges day by day.I concur the diggers affirm the exchanges and its their expenses , for a typical man like me the expenses is damn high, charges must be arranged well and after that concluded to accomplish more exchanges in the pipeline. When charges are decreased, individuals will get the safe place and empower them accomplish more exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: