Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 tips to reduce your risk when trading bitcoins and altcoins  (Read 476 times)
btc100k (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:45:34 PM
Merited by haroldtee (1)

1. Have a clear target and a clear stop loss
Remember: trading doesn’t need emotions; only reason and rationality. And you just can’t ignore discipline.

2. Sometimes it’s better  to take a small percent profit per position (especially during the bear market). Yes, you will need to make more positions for significant gains, but the guarantees of the success will be much higher. The truth is that the best traders in the world aim for small and consistent profits. They know this is the only way to success.

3. Do not trade with money that you need for living expenses. This is called "risk capital" for a reason.

4. Don't be a blind bull. ALL markets are cyclical. Don't be afraid of failures or failures on the market - this is where you can earn more money.

5. Don’t go for one coin, but invest in multiple currencies. That way you’ll spread the risk. In our CryptoMaker Premium channel we post 3-6 actual signals daily – just pick any several coins you prefer and invest.  Happy trading!

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                             
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

Remember: trading doesn’t need emotions; only reason and rationality. And you just can’t ignore discipline.

2. Sometimes it’s better  to take a small percent profit per position (especially during the bear market). Yes, you will need to make more positions for significant gains, but the guarantees of the success will be much higher. The truth is that the best traders in the world aim for small and consistent profits. They know this is the only way to success.

3. Do not trade with money that you need for living expenses. This is called "risk capital" for a reason.

4. Don't be a blind bull. ALL markets are cyclical. Don't be afraid of failures or failures on the market - this is where you can earn more money.

5. Don’t go for one coin, but invest in multiple currencies. That way you’ll spread the risk. In our CryptoMaker Premium channel we post 3-6 actual signals daily – just pick any several coins you prefer and invest.  Happy trading!
Most of the advice is solid but I disagree with the fifth point specializing in a few markets or even in one is better, there are many nuisances in the markets that can make the price to go in one direction or the other and the more you trade in a market the more you know it, so trying to trade too many coins is a mistake in my opinion especially when the profits you can get with bitcoin trading are already some of the biggest profits you can get in almost any market.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:58:22 PM

While these are great tips sadly they are not performed by many participants in the market. I just found out that somebody I know had most of their net worth in XRB on Bitgrail and that got hacked a couple weeks back. Truly sucks but you gotta protect yourself in these crazy markets.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:29:15 PM

Bitcoin price is unpredictable follow by many altcoins and it's keep alive or continue to grow by the popularity and also by follow by many altcoins so i say we need only to depend on the news like if the digital currency still popular so the price will still grow little by little,I think best tips here is invest only just a little then if you already earn in that try again and again even it's just a little investing like 0.005 btc you can still earn by that
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:38:45 PM

Beside I think collecting news is also really important for trader. The news related to cryptocurrency has very big effect to cryptocurrency so if you don't want to lose your money or reduce the risk when trading I think we should collect and check the news everyday or maybe every hour. As we can see everytime when John McAfee share anything related to cryptocurrency like ICO or coin of the week, these coin or ICO project often become more attractive than usual very quickly.

boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:12:41 PM

Do paper trading for months before committing your real cash on trading. This will save you from losing your initial investment. If possible learn direct from a real trader before doing it yourself.

cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:04:35 PM

Most of the advice is solid but I disagree with the fifth point specializing in a few markets or even in one is better, there are many nuisances in the markets that can make the price to go in one direction or the other and the more you trade in a market the more you know it, so trying to trade too many coins is a mistake in my opinion especially when the profits you can get with bitcoin trading are already some of the biggest profits you can get in almost any market.

focusing on 1 currency or 1 market can be a strategy, but I think it is important to differentiate investments by having more options to turn over other coins or markets if at that time they are more profitable.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:35:50 PM

focusing on 1 currency or 1 market can be a strategy, but I think it is important to differentiate investments by having more options to turn over other coins or markets if at that time they are more profitable.
Its depends if what coin you invested but if you are just staying trading BTC/USD well its always good result to make a profit the only important part for trading is emotion and news have a huge impact too,., Analysis is not really guaranteed result now a days the traders and new comers are always relaying on the news..

Just always do the basic way for trading buy low and sell high possible that you can make a huge profit if you  can stay calm while you trading. and be patience.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:48:53 AM

I really like point 3, I often read the thread where he bet his property and in the end he lost and became stress, it's very bad and feel sorry and I can only give him the spirit.

kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:57:30 AM

I fully agree with all the above.
I would add a couple more tips to this.
Do not borrow money for trading.
Do not start trading simply because you have nothing to do.
Before you enter the market decide how much you are willing to lose. If you do not decide, do not enter, you will definitely lose everything.
RechardSmith

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:06:10 AM

Nice Tips! thanks for sharing.
RechardSmith

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:10:33 AM

Hi, I would like to invest in BTC. I'm new in cryptocurrency. Do you have any advice for me or who want to invest in crypto? Thanks.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:36:56 AM

These are very key trading principle one can actually keep if you what to be among the professionals traders not only in cryptocurrency but also in stocks and commodities. One of the principle I wanted to build during my forex trading and which breaking it killed my trading carriers is trading with money that I cannot really afford to loses.  Most times I collect money from people for investment into forex trading and whenever I make some loses I will be thinking on how I can pay those people they money and that affect me negatively.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:57:21 AM

Thanks for sharing something which has been asked and discussed million times already.
5. Don’t go for one coin, but invest in multiple currencies. That way you’ll spread the risk. In our CryptoMaker Premium channel we post 3-6 actual signals daily – just pick any several coins you prefer and invest.  Happy trading!
It is wise to spread funds but it doesn't necessary mean that you will lower your risk. Sometimes investing in only one coin is less risky then investing in 10. I am not sure what investment has to do with trading, they are two different things, at least I see investment as something for long term and trading for short.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:02:49 PM

Thank you for that trading tips, at the last step, I do see that some charts are the same so I am only trading 2-3 coins so that I could manage to check the charts regularly.
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:16:30 PM

And beware of trading bots coming. Will get harder and harder to  get those scalps ... Ppl will start switching from day to medium long bets

Look for products like
icon
neo
etherum

they are platforms for upcoming applications to real life other than drugs

so no wonder lot of ppl think of how could i have overlooked icon
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:50:06 PM

I believe that when there is a bull run you should try to take out your capital from your investment then you are playing with profits and try to do this for every coin. Also when there is a bear market you should then use some of your gains from the previous bull run to buy into cheap coins and the tokens you really believe have some potential. I did not do this in the last cycle so next time around I plan to do this accordingly.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Shirin16

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:30:10 PM

thanks friend ,, very useful and as I know, the crypto world desperately needs patience..
but I am often very difficult in predicting prices. is there any more tips for that?

Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:19:28 AM

1 to 4 item is correct but the fifth one is seems your not really a trader because a real one is focusing only on one if not few coins. The rationale of few or only one coins is you are able to focus on your trade. In reality, day trade monitoring for multiple coins is hard. You need to devote your time and focus to become successful.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:34:21 AM

I strongly agree with your point 2,because most of the traders wait for the big margin in their profit but it is good to collect more small profits than a single big profited trade,and you may include another point with you buy low and sell high these are the strategy most traders failed to do because of panic selling.And we never have to trader with money which is needed for our daily life,we should have separate investment capital for doing trading.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: