Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MSC] Mason Coin  (Read 9828 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:15:00 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 06:56:25 PM by FinShaggy

Mason Coin, The Constructive Coin

I already started this discussion and still believe in it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293692.0

The main points of the thread are, we need a coin for Open source:

Art payment
Video payment
Music/Beat Creation payment
Photography payment
and
Silver purchases (not open source)

But I just had an idea. Why not make a coin that is SOLELY for the purpose of helping other coins build themselves.

The word "Mason" means "stone worker". It is also the name of my 11 year old brother who died 3 months ago. Let's make a coin that is not meant for charities to use, but that IS a charity itself. A "Jesus Coin" that can sacrifice itself for the benefit of other coins when necessary
EX: Help the market of one coin by trading tons of Mason coins for it (and maybe have a percentage of the mining go to projects like this and funding real world projects), and Mason coins will be able to buy you silver (I will use a portion of my devtome earnings to buy silver to use for this).

If anyone would like to help me in this project, please reply.

The symbol for the coin will be something like this:

Also, I just had an idea. What if there was a way to mix the coins together even deeper than just having a coin to support them.

What if 2 or more coins came together?
Divide and Conquer, but together all coins can thrive.

Devcoin works to pay writers, critics and people who take pictures.
Eco-Coin is looking to, itself, become an eco-support project.
Mason coin (not in existence yet) wants to bring coins out of the gutter, and onto the front page of the internet
I'm sure we can find ways for all coins to be used for other things, and for the coins to work together instead of against one another.

What do ya'll think about a coin that does something like this:

A website for:

Art payment - 1 file = 1/10 share
Video payment based on views and ads in place
Music/Beat Creation payment - 5 min = 1 share
Photography payment - 1 picture = 1/10 share

These would be paid like Devcoin, with a percentage of mining going to the website that hosts these things

Then, I'm not sure if this is possible, but 5-10% of mining that can be put in a wallet and every month or 2 there will be a poll, and the coin that wins gets a dump of MSC to help it (we'll buy up any coins we can with MSC, in a fashion that raises the price of your coin, even if that means getting silver first and then turning silver into bitcoins, and bitcoins into your coin) .

And, there will always be silver available for mason coins.
And mining, it would be cool if we could get a MSC/DVC/ECO/BTC pool.

Blocks that release 1,000 coins
1,000,000,000 coins total
Just had an idea. This coin could be the first Cryto-Coin YouTube sponsor!!! (look up "YouTube Game Sponsor" for more info)

And I'm a member of a forum where people are just HUNTING for sponsors.
I just had a realization. We can DOUBLEY support other coins.

So, same plan as before, 5-10% goes into a wallet to be traded for a coin that gets chosen by poll here on Bitcointalk. And it is bought in a way that helps its value, not hurts it.

But, I just realized, that means there will be a store of alt-coins...

That means.. We can hold contests and give away FREE coins for that coin.

2x the support for whatever coin wins the poll.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:17:01 AM

i thought there was already an Open Source Coin?  Undecided

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:19:46 AM

i thought there was already an Open Source Coin?  Undecided

But we need more coins like Devcoin, where a percentage of mining goes to other projects. If we make it where mining is the only way to get coins, then only tech savy (and non broke) people will get to be involved in coins.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:23:37 AM

This would also be a good middle finger to the Freemasons Smiley

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:21:21 PM

Also, I just had an idea. What if there was a way to mix the coins together even deeper than just having a coin to support them.

What if 2 or more coins came together?
Divide and Conquer, but together all coins can thrive.

Devcoin works to pay writers, critics and people who take pictures.
Eco-Coin is looking to, itself, become an eco-support project.
Mason coin (not in existence yet) wants to bring coins out of the gutter, and onto the front page of the internet
I'm sure we can find ways for all coins to be used for other things, and for the coins to work together instead of against one another.

LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:28:14 PM

Any way to earn this coin without mining?

Figured I'd spam your thread since you thought it was a good idea to dig up every dead thread for the last year and post some b.s. in it. Thanks for wasting my time.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:35:21 PM

Any way to earn this coin without mining?

Yes, it's kinda the point of the coin other than supporting other coins, if you read.  Tongue

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:40:41 PM

What do ya'll think about a coin that does something like this:

A website for:

Art payment - 1 file = 1/10 share
Video payment -5 min = 1 share
Music/Beat Creation payment - 5 min = 1 share
Photography payment - 1 picture = 1/10 share

These would be paid like Devcoin, with a percentage of mining going to the website that hosts these things

Then, I'm not sure if this is possible, but 5-10% of mining that can be put in a wallet and every month or 2 there will be a poll, and the coin that wins gets a dump of MSC to help it (we'll buy up any coins we can with MSC, in a fashion that raises the price of your coin, even if that means getting silver first and then turning silver into bitcoins, and bitcoins into your coin) .

And, there will always be silver available for mason coins.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:43:45 PM

And mining, it would be cool if we could get a MSC/DVC/ECO/BTC pool.

Blocks that release 1,000 coins
1,000,000,000 coins total

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:45:15 PM

How are you going to secure it?

Seems like you'd just be launching an insecure crapcoin whose main accomplishment if it accomplishes anything at all would be to lower the value of your devcoins.

If you can actually make money with sites featuring those things that you propose to pay people for, you can turn the profits into devcoins and help increase the value of your devcoins.

But first you should probably start by making a site containing those kinds of things and check whether it does actually make money, as if it doesn't then paying people for such things would just be a waste of money anyway.

It might well be partly due to paying people for stuff that isn't actually ending up paying its way that has brought devcoin values so low right now.

How much income per month can you actually rake in per five minute video, for example?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:54:08 PM

How are you going to secure it?

Seems like you'd just be launching an insecure crapcoin whose main accomplishment if it accomplishes anything at all would be to lower the value of your devcoins.

If you can actually make money with sites featuring those things that you propose to pay people for, you can turn the profits into devcoins and help increase the value of your devcoins.

But first you should probably start by making a site containing those kinds of things and check whether it does actually make money, as if it doesn't then paying people for such things would just be a waste of money anyway.

It might well be partly due to paying people for stuff that isn't actually ending up paying its way that has brought devcoin values so low right now.

How much income per month can you actually rake in per five minute video, for example?

-MarkM-

These things DO make money. And the PLAN is to support alt-coins, like Devcoin.

If there was an open source art website, we could use our writing from Devtome and art from the art website to make books
If there was a beat website, people could get coins for making music (and there are TONS of people out there making beats) then people that CAN'T make beats could go make MUSIC with the provided beats, allowing people who can't write long lyrics or books, but can write lyrics, to make money.

And the goal isn't to SELL these things on the site, the goal is to give these people coins and let other people come use the stuff for FREE.

The value of Devcoin is low because someone dumped 60 million coins. So someone bought a bunch of coins and sold them for shit, or wrote for a while and sold a ton of coins at once.

A five minute video, seriously? Let me show you something...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdmoT2GgzMA

That video have over 1,000,000 views. Which means the guy that posted it made at least $1,000 on it, plus he probably got views on his other videos through it...

And YouTube probably made 10x that much on it... It's a ten minute video, but the point is that this video has no point. And even if we let people just take their videos from youtube and use our site like a blog, we could start making some money also.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:55:56 PM

Just had an idea. This coin could be the first Cryto-Coin YouTube sponsor!!! (look up "YouTube Game Sponsor" for more info)

And I'm a member of a forum where people are just HUNTING for sponsors.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 03:41:16 PM

I just had a realization. We can DOUBLEY support other coins.

So, same plan as before, 5-10% goes into a wallet to be traded for a coin that gets chosen by poll here on Bitcointalk. And it is bought in a way that helps its value, not hurts it.

But, I just realized, that means there will be a store of alt-coins...

That means.. We can hold contests and give away FREE coins for that coin.

2x the support for whatever coin wins the poll.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 04:08:06 PM

If you are so great at setting up streaming video servers and stuff like that why not help get the sites devcoin is working on off the ground?

I think part of the reason they are not up yeet was failure to secure yet all the domains that such sites would want to use.

But another part I think was the total market cap of devcoin is not large enough to pay for things like streaming video servers, which use quite a bit of bandwidth.

Draining more of the value out isn't going to get it to sufficient market cap any faster, it'll just set up yet another contantly forking, constantly attacked crapcoin wasting even more developer-time just trying to keep patching it against attacks fixing forks and so on. There are already far more coins out there than there are enoguh developer-hours in a year to keep fixed and up to date.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 04:17:01 PM

If you are so great at setting up streaming video servers and stuff like that why not help get the sites devcoin is working on off the ground?

I think part of the reason they are not up yeet was failure to secure yet all the domains that such sites would want to use.

But another part I think was the total market cap of devcoin is not large enough to pay for things like streaming video servers, which use quite a bit of bandwidth.

Draining more of the value out isn't going to get it to sufficient market cap any faster, it'll just set up yet another contantly forking, constantly attacked crapcoin wasting even more developer-time just trying to keep patching it against attacks fixing forks and so on. There are already far more coins out there than there are enoguh developer-hours in a year to keep fixed and up to date.

-MarkM-

I don't even know what streaming video servers is, I am asking for help not agitated criticism.

That would be awesome if Devcoin were a YouTube sponsor, but I don't feel like devcoin is trying to change anything or add anything any time soon.

I can make up some domains and bring people to them, I just need help with the code and stuff. I am not good with computers, but I can get an idea out there.

If the market cap of Devcoin is not high enough to host video servers, then why are we discussing this in relevance to Devcoin. And I bet if you were to sponsor videos posted on YouTube, you wouldn't even have to worry about that.

I'm not trying to drain the value of Devcoin, this is a NEW coin. It wouldn't take business from Devcoin, and would probably even start a pool that included Devcoin. Bringing more miners to Devcoin.

If you don't have time that's fine, but I feel like these things need to be done sooner rather than later, so I am going to keep trying.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:20:23 PM

Here's our competition:

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:23:20 PM

Yea markm, his ideas are good; stop being critical or rational or realistic.  Shocked
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:28:33 PM

Fin most altcoins are for fun.
Even if you make a profit its pennies on the dollar.
Just go get a job so you can buy your alt coins and stop asking if you can get them writing.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:32:20 PM

Fin most altcoins are for fun.
Even if you make a profit its pennies on the dollar.
Just go get a job so you can buy your alt coins and stop asking if you can get them writing.

I don't see how supporting art, music and other creative outlets isn't along the lines of "for fun" while focusing on downloading software to solve complicated algorithms does fall under the lines of "for fun".

cointoss

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:32:52 PM

Did you already finish all of your other projects? What about your collections for a group trip through Mexico and the Caribbean? How did it turn out with you publicly accusing your stepfather of murdering your brother and all that? Remember, when you said he should make a donation to you or you would press murder charges against him?

Quote from: FinShaggy
FinShaggy & Devcoin

FinShaggy's Plans with Devcoin:

Devbook- A Mix between Facebook and a Genealogy website.

Devxchange- A Devcoin exchange website, possibly with a section where people can post projects that need funding through donations and loans

Devtest- Surveys and Contests for devcoin

Devlist- Craigslist, but things are for sale for Devcoins

Devsino- Devcoin Gambling

DevATM- An ATM where you can insert cash and get Devcoins on a USB (even just a machine that is constantly hooked up to a Devxchange that accepts credit card as USD funding)

Devblog- A place to post blogs and vlogs, like blogger for Devtomers

Adev- A 'company' that puts ads in videos and on websites and pays the host in devcoin.

Devseed- A program to freeze seeds of all the Earth's plant species for preservation through an “apocalypse” scenario

DevIsland- An island that is rented out, and Devcoins are bought with the money to stimulate the Devcoin economy, and Devcoin events can be held there for free

Devid Card- A Machine that can aaccept USBs, allowing for payment in Devcoins in regular stores

Devtel- A Hotel that is half free, half paid, paid customers pay in Devcoin which stimulate the devcoin economy

Devtome Brick & Mortar- A place that is half library, half bookstore. Purchases and fees are paid in Devcoin

Devcoach- A Half free half paid “Greyhound” type bus service

Devy Awards- Winners get coins and trophy, awards go to great achievements in the Devcoin community

Devpower- A Company that uses solar and wind technology to offer a FREE energy alternative

Devercise- Workout powered mining machines

DTV- Devcoin Television network, commercials and actors/writers are paid for in Devcoins which stimulates the Devcoin economy

Devair- Devcoin radio, same as DTV but radio

DevPAC- A Devcoin funded political ad campaign

Dev for Humanity- Apartments built that are completely free, but some of the rooms will contain just mining servers to fund it

Devstate- A university, and eventually city/township, then eventually county, and maybe even a state one day

DevINC- A company that gives out free mining machines and asks that people donate coins back if they have extra money after mining

DevSA- Devcoin NASA

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=finshaggy

QQCoin: QQSRP5u9yL7KtDAsGX7XmQ6QxHiA7BCGAv    doge: D8yy1FW5FdkoFCQP1nQeWGKX3ugcbegpJD

BTC: 15ExWcdDN38o852bC2jBEuC5igqp8gdtAK             EAC: eV9qafrM8uGaNzbvLXRCVVXkmmysUv7fud
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: