Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:55:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Chinese New Year Affect the Market?!  (Read 605 times)
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:57:54 PM

Yes of course. Chinese new year is the most important holiday in a year for Chinese people, it's the time people stop working and cryptocurrency trader and investor are not exceptions. Beside China is the biggest country in the world related to cryptocurrency and it's also one out of the biggest cryptocurrency market all over the world so when all the trader and investor in this country stop working for a week, it'll affect a lot the the market and it's also the main reason why few rencent weeks the whole market painted in red.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zachwolf

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:59:54 PM

Chinese New Year does not affect the crypto market. I think that the crypto market fell not because of this holiday, but because the correction should have happened long ago.
Double opinion. One part of me agrees, the other part does not agree. Most likely, both factors worked. And the new year in China has made its own contribution, and the correction is the same.

Even though China is one of the country that not accepting bitcoin/crypto currencies. I think Chinese New Year will not affect the market because they only celebrate there yearly tradition as a chinese people.
nunzio2012

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:00:10 PM

I think yes, but I have no idea about details why it is rising bcs of it.
Anyone can explain me?

I think - no. Why you think otherwise? Only based on the hype around or?

People are overestimating dates, events, etc. Holidays like any others. You could expect a lower trading volume and that's all.

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:02:59 PM

I don't believe it is the Chinese new year celebration alone that is pushing the market upwards. It may have contributed but they are several other market forces that is dictating the market movement.
sp01_cardo

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:09:36 PM

Theres nothing to do about chinese new year to make the price increase in the market. Maybe it is only a coincidence that many trade or bought some coins during that day.

▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram    Twitter    Medium    Reddit    Youtube
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
xrpdavid

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:13:42 PM

I honestly don't know. Many people are telling me it is but I have my doubts. I don't think many people will suddenly start investing because some 3-4 week holiday is over. However I'm not too familiar with Chinese culture so it might. Just remember there's a lot more factors and even if it does affect the market, other things could affect it the opposite way around the same time.

vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:15:43 PM

It may or may not, It's always in transition period, Wait for another bull run buy and hold some coins. Right now the market is going healthy and it's going back to it's correction. Just hold your coins and don't sell anything.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:35:31 PM

When the price is moving up and down everybody tries to find rational explanation of what is happening at the moment. And in that case you should remember that whales have their own goals and explanations. I think it affwcts on market, but not that much as people are talking

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:38:18 PM

So right now its the second day celebrating right? No major price fall so far, btc still over $10k. And as I understand its only this weekend right?
RAmondragon

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:46:39 PM

It might be just coincidence. If bitcoin drops or not, its just because its designed that way.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:49:35 PM

I believe that the Chinese new year has an impact on the market, but now even that is not enough to drop the price.

sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:26:42 PM

It seems that everyone is trying to convince that there is impact. Although it is not clear in what exactly it can be and whether it should be taken into account at all. anyway, happy new year for everyone! Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
SW_Lee (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:16:26 AM

Anyone can explain me?
Somehow it can affect the market,because if most of these big chinese players cashout their money simultaneously it will result to a market dump.Most of these people will surely cashing out their money because need some cash to be spent in their holidays if you asked me it is like what happened from the previous christmas and new year.

That is true ! Thx for sharing your opinion Smiley
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:32:56 AM

yes it affected because this new year holiday very long. and china have %50 bitcoin market. so 20-25 day not doing any operation about crypto
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:37:14 AM

i think it is not only the factor that affecting bitcoin price.
there are some other factors too such as uncertain regulations that make peoples sell their bitcoin.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

Do you think that the Christian new year affects the market price? Or the Muslim new year?
Which do you think affects more the Chinese, the Christian or the Muslim?
I believe that now, you have noticed that all these dates are just simple days as any other of the year and none of them influences more than the other.
The only impact that can have on you is that you will probably not trade this day because you will celebrate with your Family.
Boomber

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:49:30 PM

In my opinion at this time bitcoin began to rise because before the new year many people who sell their coins because it takes money to celebrate the new year and holidays.
This time the period has passed so people start to maintain their coin so the price goes up again.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
virtualhero

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:03:41 PM

Anyone can explain me?
It slightly affect the market but the real reason why the market is rising is because of supply and demand. There are many people now that are aware of Cryptocurrency and they are the one who moves the market to rise.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:05:58 PM

Chinese New Year has arrived and i can't see any significant change of bitcoin's market price that is why the cryptomarket is still stable before and after this big Chinese event.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:17:34 PM

i think it is not only the factor that affecting bitcoin price.
there are some other factors too such as uncertain regulations that make peoples sell their bitcoin.
The Chinese New Year could have a significant effect on cryptocurrency markets.Chinese and South Korean bitcoin investors frequently exchange their crypto holdings for fiat currency during the holiday.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: