Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Temperature for mining within a grow tent  (Read 365 times)
mojominer (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:33:24 AM

Hey I posted in your other thread.

Your intakes should be 2x the volume of your exhaust for proper negative pressure and efficient passive extraction of the heat.  

If your exhaust is a larger volume than your intake, than it's trapping heat inside the tent and not able to efficiently pull it out.

Example:  If I had 12" exhaust, i'd want 24" intake or equivalent.

I see, so you are talking in terms of volume and not CFM?
unc0nnected

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:52:22 PM

So I have started to my rigs in a grow tent as they made my apartment basically unlivable due to the heat. I currently use two 6' inline fans to pump air out, and a 12K BTU standing AC to pump cold air in it (it's using 15kW!). I was wondering what temperature should i get within the tent. It's at 104F when i seal the tent and ~90F when i don't, basically dissipating the heat into my small one bedroom apartment. Should i use bigger fans? Was thinking of changing to 12' 1060CFM ones instead of 400CFM. Is 104F too high?
Thanks

Best option would be to vent the AC into the tent and have an exhaust fan move the air outside of your apartment through a window.  You shouldn't be venting that hot air into your apartment. 
Yes, I agree using exhaust.
Divided into 2 parts, the first part throws hot air from your RIG/tent/room and other part throw air outside but I doubt the weather in TEXAS if  it can maximally suck the air from out inwards can decrese the temperature during the daytime.

Yeah, in the summer it'll be around 100-110F during day. Maybe cooler during night though.
Aren't you forgetting about hte intake from the 2 rectangular flaps in the center piece?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: