Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 07:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metamask: Etherdelta secure?  (Read 136 times)
Mankov (OP)

Activity: 426
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:56:59 PM

I have many tokens on Metamask.

Yesterday I bought some coins with Metamask on Etherdelta. Do they have my private keys, now?

Should I move my tokens to another Metamask-account?

ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:02:20 PM

Its completly save, they dont store any privatekey that ued there. And even if ED hacked your ethereum or token will be save ( as long you not store at etherdelta or it not in buy or sell order )
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:06:29 PM

Yesterday I bought some coins with Metamask over Etherdelta. Do they have my private keys, now?

If you have metamask installed your private keys wil; remain in the metamask,even if you use etherdelta your keys wont be stored there unlike to other exchanges.But beware of these phishing sites,etherdelta was hacked few months ago which cause a lot of people lose their money,the hacker used DNS server to redirect etherdelta users to a phishing sites.

faaty

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:20:30 PM

I do not trust anything that asks your private keys. Hackers even hack Ledger Nano, how can you think that MetaMask is safe?

My etherium wallet is hacked a month ago. I think it is hacked via Etherdelta or Metamask. I do not trust any of these sites. I suggest you the same, I would uninstall metamask right now. Sending anyone private key is insane
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:29:29 PM

Youll be fine, its not like they have your privatekey or something. If you have metamask instaled you not possible to go to phising site though. cause metammask will tell you that site is fake.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:35:11 PM

I do not trust anything that asks your private keys. Hackers even hack Ledger Nano, how can you think that MetaMask is safe?

My etherium wallet is hacked a month ago. I think it is hacked via Etherdelta or Metamask. I do not trust any of these sites. I suggest you the same, I would uninstall metamask right now. Sending anyone private key is insane
You probably got phished or you have some malwares,i have been using metamask for years without losing any penny from them.I trust metamask and mew,metamask is just an extesion recommended by myetherwallet,it is just a tool to protect your privatekeys from using etherdelta,it doesnt require your keys before using it.Do you really know how metamask works?

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:10:45 PM

Yesterday I bought some coins with Metamask on Etherdelta. Do they have my private keys, now?

If you use metamask, then your private keys are never passed to the exchange. That is the best approach to interact with etherdelta or myetherwallet. When the etherdelta site was hacked, all the users that were using the site with metamask were safe. By the way, you say you bought some coins yesterday? How did you manage to do that? The etherdelta site is having problems with it's API, at least according to their official twitter, and you can't really buy or sell tokens. Last trade was like 7 days ago or something like that.

macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:14:26 PM

I have used it for a few weeks, but after that I have tested Idex Market and decided to move from Etherdelta to Idex. I think that Idex more simple is to use, especially for beginners.

mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:22:06 PM

No,metamask will protect your private keys by putting your keys encrypted in metamask so even if you trade in any exchanges your private keys wont be compromised by these hackers,metamask is the best extension to protect your walletts from the hackers it is recommended by MEW.

covfefe_

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:25:35 PM

I think while you are using ED along with metamask, you are not sharing your private keys with ED. Though ED itself doesn't store any private keys, but a phished site may collect your data if you entered it to the site.

Cryptoboy13

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:25:59 PM

I use one time etherdelta and i lost my token for a week because of a problem of sync.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:39:13 PM

No, they dont have your private key. You can savely use etheredelta atm though. If you afraid about etherdelta use forkdelta instead here https://forkdelta.github.io/ same database with etherdelta but use different dns and site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: