Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:37:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a tech explanation please  (Read 166 times)
ruplikminer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:15:27 PM

I started mining Rapture coin on bsod. Hashrate the same. All suddenly, as you can see from the graphic, the numebr of coins per time/hasrate decreasd drastically. The reward per block stays the same. Why this happened?
http://bsod.pw/?address=RPsFwJMvCjjTPysrgzNPiMUqCU7Rvjr3wR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ruplikminer (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:23:49 PM

Now the numebr of coins is going down!! https://prnt.sc/ifqlv4

not because I have been paid. How is it possible??? Is the pool taking back the coins from me?Huh
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:56:47 PM
Merited by ico41 (1)

I'm not familiar with that pool or coin, but I can tell you in general how it works, and what is probably happening here.  When you mine a block, and you find a solution, you broadcast that solution to the network to confirm - so when this happens the pool considers this 'Total earned (unconfirmed)', meaning "We probably just made this money, but the network has to agree".  The other nodes on the network take your pools submitted solution, and if they agree that it's good, then they add it to their blockchain, and start solving a new block built on top of the one you just submitted - this is the "confirmations" you hear about with BTC and others.  Typically it takes a couple of big nodes to confirm something, and you can kind of rest assured that it's the solution that everyone agrees with.  Next pools typically wait at least one additional block, sometimes more, before they consider the coins as actually being in their posession (their 'Total earned').

The trick is sometimes two pools solve the same block at roughly the same time, and what this means is it's kind of up to the network to decide who the winner is - so that means your pool may THINK it has solved a block, but the reality is the network chose someone elses block for whatever reason - and that's why you would see earning go down.  If you look at the legend on your screenshot, the one you draw an arrow to is "Pending", so that would be my guess as to what happens.  With something like BTC (with a block time of ~10mins), it's a pretty infrequent event - but with some of the faster alts with 10's of seconds or even seconds for each block, the likelihood of there being concurrent solutions is probably pretty good.

Hopefully that helps!
ruplikminer (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:02:26 PM

I'm not familiar with that pool or coin, but I can tell you in general how it works, and what is probably happening here.  When you mine a block, and you find a solution, you broadcast that solution to the network to confirm - so when this happens the pool considers this 'Total earned (unconfirmed)', meaning "We probably just made this money, but the network has to agree".  The other nodes on the network take your pools submitted solution, and if they agree that it's good, then they add it to their blockchain, and start solving a new block built on top of the one you just submitted - this is the "confirmations" you hear about with BTC and others.  Typically it takes a couple of big nodes to confirm something, and you can kind of rest assured that it's the solution that everyone agrees with.  Next pools typically wait at least one additional block, sometimes more, before they consider the coins as actually being in their posession (their 'Total earned').

The trick is sometimes two pools solve the same block at roughly the same time, and what this means is it's kind of up to the network to decide who the winner is - so that means your pool may THINK it has solved a block, but the reality is the network chose someone elses block for whatever reason - and that's why you would see earning go down.  If you look at the legend on your screenshot, the one you draw an arrow to is "Pending", so that would be my guess as to what happens.  With something like BTC (with a block time of ~10mins), it's a pretty infrequent event - but with some of the faster alts with 10's of seconds or even seconds for each block, the likelihood of there being concurrent solutions is probably pretty good.

Hopefully that helps!

Kudos to you. Thanks a lot really
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: