Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [people who hate me please ignore this] the 1300BTC event on just-dice  (Read 4047 times)
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:47:11 AM

To be honest , this topic is making me see things a little clearly.

Now I am not implying I believe towtoads story , it is as absurd as ever. But I think I can start to put myself in his shoe and say 'Well if I had free 1300 bitcoins to try and I was willing to lose it I would do it rather than letting doog know' , so If towtoad said something similar rather than this story , I would say 'hey give us all 1000 coins to try some new stuff Cheesy ' .

Long story short , what towtoad did was ok , even tough his justification is probably a lie and noone will ever believe him for that  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:32:11 PM

So in summary, 1300 BTC was withdrawn from Towtoad's account into his address, but the balance stayed the same on his account. Someone on Towtoad's account proceeded to lose the 1300 BTC. Is that correct? If so, would it not have been possible to roll back the loss (of non-existing coins)?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:44:12 PM

Therefore, when I left café table for smoking and chatting with others, I still kept an eye on JD’s stat from time to time. When I noticed from my iPhone screen that my investment rose up more than 10 BTC, I thought, wow, who lost that big!

The bankroll at the time was around 25k BTC.  Your 7k investment would have grown by a lot more than 10 BTC when you lost the 1300 BTC if you were still invested.

YES, the final profit grew much more than 10BTC. It was happening, which took me a "long" time to figure out.

Whoops.  You forgot to address the fact that you weren't invested at the time.  This chart shows the investment dropping 10k just before your play and not recovering until well after your play.

So your story that you noticed the 1300 BTC being played and lost because you saw your investment going up is absolutely false.

Please just tell the truth for once.

... and this is my final reply to this post.

How convenient.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
trout

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:24:01 PM

another coincidence not yet mentioned is that just before the incident some other
player tried to get a refund from dooglus based on the exact same cafe story (I didn't place
those bets, someone else did on my laptop left at a cafe).

This had been extensively discussed at the chat

So at the time  celeste's excuse looked deliberately unconvincing, sort of  "my cat jumped on the laptop."

I had been extensively discussing what I thought about JD, all of my friends knew my thoughts, my “strategy”, and some of them even tried out and won. The idea is simple enough: if you caught some patterns, you could win big and lose small. (Whether I’m in a gambler’s fallacy is beyond the topic in this post.) Any of them (even some of friends of friends) might well place bets just like me.

this "strategy" that you now admit being trivial you tried to sell for hundreds of BTC.

towtoad (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:19:21 AM

Whoops.  You forgot to address the fact that you weren't invested at the time.  This chart shows the investment dropping 10k just before your play and not recovering until well after your play.

So your story that you noticed the 1300 BTC being played and lost because you saw your investment going up is absolutely false.

Please just tell the truth for once.

... and this is my final reply to this post.

How convenient.

Doog, this is unfair, you do know I have numerous accounts in your site, besides the well-known ones.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:38:43 AM

Doog, this is unfair, you do know I have numerous accounts in your site, besides the well-known ones.

I do.

None of them were invested when you lost the 1300 BTC.

Are you telling me you withdrew the 1300 BTC, then immediately deposited it to a different account and invested it there?  How would that make any sense?  And why doesn't it show up on the logs?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
teck

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:01:55 AM

Man! That's a lot of money. I have to ask toad though, what happen those 2 friends? Proof or not that's a lot of money and if it were me they wouldn't just walk away like that...I would actually be in jail right now...

Toad at the end of the day if the story you are telling is true, it's pretty reckless and careless to leave a laptop worth  1300BTC open like that. Anyone like your buddies or whoever could have seen it could of thought that it was fake money just played them large amounts..I haven't looked at the bet history on the 1300 to call lit suspicious or whatever.. Although doug admits his faults of not clearing it out but that doesn't hold him accountable that you left the laptop out in the open in a cafe out of all places and it didn't occur to you that maybe you should locked it before going out. Come on now, it's 1300BTC (250k>) I don't understand.

Also given the nature of the business you really can't expect him to just hand over back the coins....Might as well just close up shop and open something new with a different name because that would bring so much unwanted attention that could hurt the business all together.

Toad - sorry man. Doesn't really matter whether I believe the story or not all outcomes come to the fault lies on you bro. IF fund weren't cleared from your account steps should of been taken  to protect what's yours and none of this would of happened..
You  really must have a boat load of money to not think twice to make sure no one can access that laptop.

On how people view you now? Some will forget some won't. To have made it public like this would of been a route I wouldn't have taken given status. Best of luck to you.

Lesson learned and a f*****g expensive one at that..
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:55:46 PM

Looks like towtoad got angry, past few days he just won the entire 6400 bitcoin profit Just-Dice had been making for the past month.

Add that to the 4500 he won ages ago he is now over 10,000 bitcoin up.
Fdt

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Forexcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 10:09:40 AM

Is this some promo for the dice? Cheesy

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile