Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you report scam?  (Read 826 times)
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:50:28 PM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I don't report any scams because I don't care.
Besides I am not into investigating ICOs and coins legitimacy except when I am joining signature bounty campaign.
I am very careful on participating Bounty Campaigns due to limited accounts in this forum so I would spend time on each ICO that offers bounty campaign so that in the near four I could get good tokens from them.
But, I don't report scams and frauds, that's what I am always ignoring.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:56:37 PM

A lot of people don't report scams unfortunately, because they think someone else will do it.

Basically, the bystander effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Even if you're unsure, I'd recommend sending in a report, you never know what's gonna happen.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:13:36 PM

If you find a Project or ICO that looks scammy, what steps do you take to warn the community? Do you just ignore and go on to the next one?

I will just ignore it, other people don't care even if you tell them that those are potential scam icos in the making. Scam ico's now are very common since it is the new way of scamming other peoples money now.  Its our job to research first about the ico if they are legit projects.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:17:39 PM

I will not report it and if I see one ICO who is smelling that its a scam, I ignore it and find for another one. Lets take this situation: You saw an ICO that for you its a scam then you told it to your friend who likes to invest with that project but because you said that its like a scam, your friend didn't invest with it and then after 3-4 months, it reached its hard cap lets say. Now who has the fault? you because you said that it was a scam yet it is not. So its better to just ignore it and don't say it to anybody or anyone.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:19:43 PM

Me too found some scam projects without any team info or with fake team profile .
but i dont know any site where i can report them .

i just only share that info within my friend circle .

That will be the disadvantage in cryptocurrency we don't have a institutions that will be responsible for those scammers. That we can send to them a link for them to investigate if they are doing it right with a fair to the investors. So sad that we don't have that protection due to anonymity in every transactions. All we can do is to aware every circle of friends to double check before they will transact or support that ICO's. Also, we can share it here under Scam accusations for awareness of the community.  
AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:22:18 PM

Even you report that scammers nothing gonna happens because no one can stop them on what they are doing so the best to do to each and everyone aware that they are scammers inform or post about what they are do so to those who can read your articles was aware that the site was a scam even you report them they can't stop scammers because not only one nor two nor three they are so many so that we never stop them.
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:28:42 PM

There are thousands of scam projects in this business. Which one will you report and to who? It's almost impossible to stop all these scams. Everybody should get educated and protect themselves. I can easily spot on scams now. If you are not sure about a project, just don't invest any money to it.
megi440c

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:34:59 PM

if I get a scam ico then the first time I do is look for more information about the ico, and if it can be concluded that true it is a scam then the second step is to tell friends and crowds.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:36:39 PM

No i usually posted these scam projects here in altcoins discussions so that people will be aware to the potential scam projects,you should tell everyone to be vigillant because a lot of projects today are scams,created just to raise funds then will runaway at the end.

freo01

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:52:59 PM

Well , whenever i find suspicious ico out there i report it immediately or give warn to others so that they could atleast take precaution methods to avoid profit lost . i think it is all our right to exercise that.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:05:50 PM

I must good to share to this furom to make people aware to that project.
Yeah , share it with some decent evidences.
And after that, its up to them if they want to believe it or not.
Just do your best, nothing is wasted if you do a good thing Smiley
castis

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:12:30 PM

in ico 90 % is scam , but its hard to spot real scam because some project can seems scam, but actually they will have real product, so i prefer not to report, only if there is ponzischeme like in bitconnect Smiley
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

I've been into a fishy-smell ICO as part of the bounty but got busted because of their poor whitepaper where they mention a VIP person that is unlikely to join them. So right after that moment, i immediately inform the bounty manager that the ICO he/she managed is a pure scam.

brainitterem

Activity: 192

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:25:36 PM

I reported few times bitconnect, but still all my friend joined it, so im not sure is there any point to report, because in internet people dont trust each other.
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:28:32 PM

Well some of them are scam yes it is but most of them are just really unsuccessful projects.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Rus3001

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:29:18 PM

I try to warn as much people as i can , If I have enough facts to explain the suspicions of fraud .
friday99

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:29:56 PM

maybe I will menyaran on some people who are very unfamiliar with an ico.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:31:41 PM

I can not do with the many scams that have happened to me personally before. I am confused when I get or any fraud should report it to whom.

cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

Well i just ignore their projects, ico investors must be aware of those scam projects because it's really up to them if they should invest or not research will be a great help.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:36:30 PM

If ever i found a project or ICO that looks scammy was for sure i will let my friends and my community here in the forum know about it so that they will be aware also. I just ignore about it and look for another project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: