Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:16:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It is easier to find useful information now  (Read 166 times)
charlzyeby (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:33:58 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 12:22:52 AM by charlzyeby

Thanks to the new merit system, i can now strain the kind of information i want to read as a new member of this community. It looks like people are "scared" to post now so it is quite easy to find good posts around and read them. I noticed that my eyes are caught by posts with merits more than those without merits( i don't underestimate posts without merits though. some of them are helpful to me). I hope i am able to learn quickly and earn merits too. I have all the time in the world to be patient.
Can you navigate the forum easily as well as compared to a couple of weeks/months back?
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:26:51 PM

Thanks to the new merit system, i can now strain the kind of information i want to read as a new member of this community. It looks like people are "scared" to post now so it is quite easy to find good posts around and read them. I noticed that my eyes are caught by posts with merits more than those without merits( i don't underestimate posts without merits though. some of them are helpful to me). I hope i am able to learn quickly and earn merits too. I have all the time in the world to be patient.

When I first joined in October.. I didn't even want to participate because it seemed like every single response was just some garbage response from a guy who had 32 accounts and was farming posts..I actually came back to the forum when I heard from someone else on telegram how hard the new merit system was, which got me interested again.  I don't like when things are spam just for the sake of being spam.. and I agree with you that my eyes are more drawn to merited responses almost right away and sure enough.. its 9 times out of 10 the most useful post on the page or even the whole article.. I think the system is definitely working, but its gonna be a slow uphill climb for most people.. what would really be funny is if the merits over time went through a "halvening" and it was harder difficulty as the years passed to be able to collect the same amount of merit.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1795

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:57:09 PM

Honestly, you don't have to start a new thread just to express your opinion from my point of view. What kind of discussion are you expecting with? You can post it on the general thread about merit here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:36:46 AM

So far I didn't noticed any changes in content. We need to wait at least few month to see what effect Merit system will bring.
I just noticed that some shitposters started to make more lengthy posts which are still shitposts. And later they are complaining that are still not getting any Merit points.
I don't know why they should be scared to post. There are no risks to post, you just won't get any merits for low quality of posts. But if we would have demerit system, I imagine that many people would be really scared to post. But I don't think that we need to for such system because I believe it may be abused too much.
Yes, when merited posts are highlighted, these posts are getting better visibility and it's one of the main purposes of Merit system.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:17:48 AM

It looks like people are "scared" to post now so it is quite easy to find good posts around and read them.
Can you navigate the forum easily as well as compared to a couple of weeks/months back?
It seems that way but I beg to differ on the reason behind it
they're not "scared" but they started to think that posting irrelevant contents won't benefit them
accumulating post count doesn't help them rank up easily anymore because their advancement is blocked by merit requirements
why bother posting hundred and hundred low quality posts if those won't rank you up past Jr.Member+  Tongue
so they changed their behavior, learn english and try post useful replies Grin make less posts in the process

krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:43:10 AM

You are correct about the fact that a post with merits catches attention. I try to read other posts as well as sometimes you find hidden gems unmerited. I do not think the navigation has changed for me in any way after the merit system. If the posts were sorted based on number of merits received, it would have been different.

Signature available for rent
bitcoinl0ver1337

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:03:04 AM

This is lesson 101 of how to turn a 3 word comment into a full blow essay  Roll Eyes

Also I like bitcoin because it is a very nice coin and it isnt like all of the other coins like Ethereum and Litecoin and Zcash and Ripple and it sounds nice and its just a pretty cool coin. Ya feel?  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: