Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Redeeming bitcoins [slushs pool]  (Read 2871 times)
GenXdark (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:18:09 AM

Well, on his website, the help link led to this forum and being a newbie, I am restricted to here. Thus, this is where I pose my question.

I'm mining in slush's pool and I have no clue how to redeem bitcoins that have been confirmed and sent to my wallet address. I thought that once the bitcoins were confirmed and sent to my wallet, the bitcoins would automatically show up in my wallet. However, it seems that I have to actually redeem them to my wallet.

I would appreciate any sort of direction in this matter.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lutescent

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:41:50 AM

i must say that is a rather perplexedly peculiar situation you have there

First off, does the payout show up in http://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/transactions/ ?
You can click on the transaction there to show the status on blockexplorer.

How long have you waited for the payment to go through? Sometimes they can take hours for a miner to include the transaction in a block.
danlol

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:40:20 AM

It'll take some time.  Mine took about an hour.
_saiko

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 11:38:13 AM

Perhaps you have to wait for the bt-network to confirm the transaction?
xxxcoin

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 03:24:05 PM

Can sometimes take a while. Leave your bitcoin client open and be patient, it'll show eventually.
GenXdark (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 01:14:52 AM

i must say that is a rather perplexedly peculiar situation you have there

First off, does the payout show up in http://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/transactions/ ?
You can click on the transaction there to show the status on blockexplorer.

How long have you waited for the payment to go through? Sometimes they can take hours for a miner to include the transaction in a block.

Yes, every single payout is listed there on the payout history page. And once further explored, the transactions are being showed in the blockexplorer. Once in the blockexplorer page, it says that my wallet address has received 14 transaction and has acquired a specified total of bitcoins. However, once I start my bitcoin application, it still says my wallet balance is 0.00 and there is nothing listed under both the sent and received tabs. This has been the case now for little more than a day, hours before this post was originally created.

I guess my question is thus:
Do I have to do something special in order to redeem those bitcoins to the application wallet or are they really supposed to be showing up automatically. And if the latter is the case, what is wrong and how would I go about correcting the problem and acquiring my bitcoins?
GenXdark (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 01:25:23 AM

Can sometimes take a while. Leave your bitcoin client open and be patient, it'll show eventually.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm understanding this correctly, I have to leave my bitcoin wallet client up and running in order for it to receive payouts/payments?
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:59:34 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm understanding this correctly, I have to leave my bitcoin wallet client up and running in order for it to receive payouts/payments?

No, you shouldn't have to.  Whenever you open your client it'll download the block chain and eventually your transactions will pop up.    What it sounds like to me is that your coins from Slush are going to a different address (one that's not set up in your client).   Did you have a different client prior to this one?  Did you reformat your machine, or change machines and download a new client or something like that?
lutescent

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 05:56:29 AM

perhaps the problem is the bitcoin application has not fully collected the latest block chain

At the bottom of the bitcoin application it should state how many blocks it has received from the network. At the moment of this post the block count should be 136841, but with your transaction it can be around 136700 and still show up. If the block count is less, the client is still collecting the block chain, and should eventually retrieve the block with your transaction in it (the number should be increasing).

If it has got the full block chain I recommend you restart the bitcoin application with the -rescan option, using command prompt with windows or terminal with Linux or mac (I'm no mac user so correct me if I'm wrong)
ToriAmos1963

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:42:06 PM

Yes, but you don't have to have it running all the time, only when you are expecting a payout.  I also had this issue with my slush payout and being a newbie I thought something was wrong.  I opened my bitcoin client and let it run until my payment was confirmed.  After that, I closed the bitcoin client.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: