Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:56:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unstable Hashrate Claymore win 10 ETH mining  (Read 192 times)
delyan (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:05:57 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 04:42:32 AM by delyan

Hello everyone!

I am new to mining. I build my first rig less than a month ago and I have been having a very persistent stability issue. The specs of the rig are as follows:

BioStar TB250-BTC Pro

6 GTX 1070 cards of different all from different brands (except for a pair of PNY cards)
1 GTX 1070ti
1 Rx580
two 750 EVGA power supplies, one is G2 the other P2
Win 10, claymore

Issue: My reported hashrate in claymore varies. When the miner is launched I get 255mhs and over time that rate progressively varies. At first by 2-3 hashes and after a few hrs by 8-9 hash rates. For example:
255,255,253,247,252,254, 238, 253 ect (sometimes it would even drop to 225-9).
Sometimes the variation will be due to all cards deviating from their optimal rate, of about 32mhs (except for the RX580 which runs at fairly solid 30.8-9) and other times one or two or three cards will drop by 2-3,4 hashesh. There is no pattern of the same 2 or 3 cards dropping. It could be anyone, two, three or all of them deviating.  

At first I thought that this is normal, but then I talked to a friend who also has a rig with very similar parameters (6 1070s and 2 1070Ti also using Claymore on Win 10) and he says that his rate is a rock solid 256mhs with most of his cards keeping consistent 32.5mhs. Needless to say I tried his oc settings and that did not help.

All cards are running at decent temps 51C the coolest card to 65C the warmest(the only card that is above 60; most are running at 56,7,8C).

Steps that I have taken so far that have not yielded improvement:
1) Tried a variation of underpowering and oc combinations, but after initial few min of stability, the fluctuation returns. (With no oc what so ever the system seems to be stable).
2) Replaced all of my raisers  
3) Replaced the mobo with ASRock HTC Pto BTC+ since I have it for another rig that I am planning to build down the road. I am back to the Biostar now.
4) Tried changing the PCIE settings to Gen1, Gen2 or Auto. Auto seems to work best on both mobos

Additional info
At first, when running the rig I was using an Antec 850 Gold power supply from an old gaming pc along with the EVGA 750 G2 because the shipping of my EVGA P2 was delayed. This leads me to believe that the supply is not the issue either...
At first I was running 4 1070 gpus and 1 1070ti and I still had the same issue. It persisted as I increased the number of video cards.
There is no more than 2 raisers per sata power cable (most raisers are one per cable and the issue existed when I was running 5gpus with each riser on its own power cable) and no more than one card per PCIE power cable.
I have optimized Windows settings to my best knowledge (mostly based on youtube mining tutorials)

I don't know if I am loosing significant performance or money (I don't think I am). but I really want to hear feedback on this and suggestions as per what may be causing the issues.
Thank you all in advance!

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:13:13 PM

Have you thought about trying linux? Windows is terrible to mine on, especially since you are shoving a random amd card into the mix.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
delyan (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:38:00 AM

Have you thought about trying linux? Windows is terrible to mine on, especially since you are shoving a random amd card into the mix.
Maybe down the road, but not yet as that would present another big unknown. Also the unstable rates began long before the AMD card got into the mix. Actually the RX580 is my most stable cards and nothing really changed in terms of stability once I added that card.
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:32:08 AM

For starters stop looking at claymore hashrate. That is useless more or less and should be banned with a law Smiley

Check pool avg hashrate and effective after 24 hrs, after 3 days, etc. That matters more.
And yes, hashrate moves up and down on the pool. It's never fixed number all the time.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:35:05 AM

Yes this steps normal for mining softwares, your finish profit depended from accepted shares on pool.
Graphics on pool allways fluctuate

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
delyan (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:08:01 PM

For starters stop looking at claymore hashrate. That is useless more or less and should be banned with a law Smiley

Check pool avg hashrate and effective after 24 hrs, after 3 days, etc. That matters more.
And yes, hashrate moves up and down on the pool. It's never fixed number all the time.

The pool chart shows a straight consistent line on the reported hash rate graph (the line in black on nanopool) of 254-ish hashes. Six, twelve and twenty four  hour averages are sometimes way above the reported hash rate(the black line); for example I would get a 6 or 12 hr average of  265 hashesh, while my reported hash rate is a straight line at 253...-254... Sometimes these 6,12,24 hr averages are bellow the reported hash rate and other times they are near the or the same as the reported hash rate (the straight, consistent black line).
As I said in my initial post, I first though the variation in the claymore reported hash rate was normal until my friend told me his rates are rock solid stable while we both have very similar set ups, but from what you guys are saying it sounds like my rig is working normally.
Thank you for the help everyone!   
tanbel

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:24:15 AM

Apakah ini bisa di gunakan pakai handphone android?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: