Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:18:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum transaction speeds?  (Read 429 times)
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:34:27 AM

Haven't done an Eth transfer in awhile, keep reading about congestion and slow speeds.
I'm looking at buying an ICO which is close to it's cap, how long are Eth transactions taking these days?

Over a day and I've probably missed out.

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lasry

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:48:18 AM

I just did a transaction few hours ago, and suprisingly it went in really fast, I think at this moment the network is not congested. There is a great probability that because of the drop most people lost their interests using eth. And this would free out eth of its traffic. So its nice to use it now, plus prices are going back to its normal states.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
aklaika

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:50:27 AM

Haven't done an Eth transfer in awhile, keep reading about congestion and slow speeds.
I'm looking at buying an ICO which is close to it's cap, how long are Eth transactions taking these days?

Cheers!
I think it realy fast if the transaction isn't crowded if crowded you can incrase gas price higher (the more you spend gas price the more speed you will got)
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:12:03 AM
Merited by preshpr1nce (1)

Cheers!

I think you have to check at this page https://ethgasstation.info/ you will find any usefull information about how many gas you need to use & average speed transaction at this time.
FYI at this time speed transaction are very fast on the ethereum network, and also still cheap transaction fee to.
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:14:49 AM

Cheers!

I think you have to check at this page https://ethgasstation.info/ you will find any usefull information about how many gas you need to use & average speed transaction at this time.
FYI at this time speed transaction are very fast on the ethereum network, and also still cheap transaction fee to.

Perfect! Merit to you my friend, thanks a lot.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:17:18 AM

Cheers!

Always use a higher GAS than usual
You can check GAS ideal at ethgasstation.info
The website is always up to date to provide transaction traffic information on the Ethereum network

Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:57:26 AM

Cheers!
Theoriticaly ethereum transaction is better than bitcoin because bitcoin transaction is competing each other, people who set higher fee will be prioritized. But I don't exactly how long Eth transaction will taking time.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:14:15 AM

if you use an a bit above average gas price , it will be in a couple of minutes but probably under that. at least a lot faster then btc.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:13:55 AM

People who complain about ETH transaction speeds are probably attempting to get into an ICO or were trying to do something during CryptoKitties.  Other than that, I find ETH to be just fine.  At least with ETH you can easily increase the gas to get in front of the line.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:06:17 AM

Transaction speed is good but gas price is bit high sometimes I am paying upto 3$ for my transaction . You can find information in ethergastation. Also transferring some tokens it’s costing more , transferring eth always less even for ico’s.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:38:08 AM
Merited by jezus (1)

Cheers!
Transactions are did this week were so fast, the gwei was set at 5 and the gas limit at 37000 though i didn't not do the transaction for an ico if you're using it for an ico you can increase your gas limit and gwei because of congestion.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:12:33 AM

Cheers!
Ethereum transactions now is fast, because ETH network is not overloaded (only around 5k pending transactions. And there is no any hype ICO live.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:17:08 AM

Cheers!
Theoriticaly ethereum transaction is better than bitcoin because bitcoin transaction is competing each other, people who set higher fee will be prioritized. But I don't exactly how long Eth transaction will taking time.

there isn't much difference here. if the network is congested then your transaction will be stuck unless you pay a ridiculously higher fee than other people. and if it is not congested then the transaction with any fee will be confirmed in the next block!

of course there is one difference and that is wallet failures! in the past during bitcoin network congestion everything worked fine and every service continued working with bitcoin. but during ETH network congestion exchanges had to disable everything because of failure.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:19:49 AM

Transaction is fast i am always use default fee.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
Mhedz

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:28:08 AM

Before doing any transactions in regards with ethereum, you can check it here-- ethgasstation.info .. You can check what gas price,gwei you need for the transaction and how long will it takes.. and i suggest you always must have atleast a minimun of .01eth in your mew or if you imtoken application in playstore,you can transfer easily using it.

pacho08

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:34:07 AM

1. In Ethereum the block time is set to 14 to 15 seconds compared to Bitcoins 10 minutes. This allows for faster transaction times. Ethereum does this by using the Ghost protocol.
2. Ethereum has a slightly different economic model than Bitcoin – Bitcoin block rewards halve every 4 years whilst Ethereum releases the same amount of Ether each year ad infinitum.
3. Ethereum has a different method for costing transactions depending on their computational complexity, bandwidth use and storage needs. Bitcoin transactions compete equally with each other. This is called Gas in Ethereum and is limited per block whilst in Bitcoin, it is limited by the block size.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:08:16 AM

Ethereum transactions have been very fast of recent. I have done a couple of transactions both in ETH and TOKEN transfers and was impressed on the speed of transaction and little charges that go with that compare to BTC that is sluggish with high charges most of the time.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:20:42 AM

Cheers!

it seems that no one can make ETH transactions accelerated, they only rely on GAS price if the gras price is very large already apsti delivery will be fast.
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:08:46 AM

Just look at the last transactions and their gas price, and then send the transaction with a gas price slightly more than the average and your transaction go very quickly

PapaJ

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:19:17 AM

a hype with cryptokitties in the past, now all works quickly)) last time precisely problems with speed it was not observed
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: