Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets talk about avoiding scam  (Read 625 times)
Silent26 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:32:21 AM
Merited by examplens (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1), vlom (1), burner2014 (1)

There are lot of scammers we had encountered from the past and I'm  pretty sure that we will still encounter scammers in the future. But in this topic we will focus on Scammers from Signature Campaigns. We are just participants, when we found an interesting signature campaign. We apply immediately without hesitation, and that's the common problem why we are getting scammed. Because we are careless, but is it really our fault? Or those fucking scammers who made those fucking scam Campaigns? We just wanted to earn bitcoin and because of our excitement we didn't even notice that the campaign is suspicious. Besides that, we will be called "shitposters" because we apply in suspicions campaign.

Im just thinking that maybe we can do something to avoid these scam projects.
For example, in a particular campaign. Why it is hard for the Manager to escrow the funds? What's the problem? Are they scared? Or because they can manage a campaign without escrow? I know that some signature campaign still pays their participants although they didn't have escrow. But usually those are trusted Managers.
But how about those Campaign managers with "Newbie" accounts. They know that they're untrusted but still they don't want to have escrow. Then they will say that "we are not scam, we dont force you to join if you dont want". If they are really not a scam. Let's somehow prove it by having an escrow.

I think we should add "Having Escrow is required " to the rules of our Forum for Every Signature Campaigns that will be made here in Bitcoin Forum>Economy>MarketPlace>Services and also for other campaigns here (I'm not including Signature Campaigns and bounties in the Altcoin Section as they give tokens not Bitcoins) . This is to avoid scammers only, not to destroy their images. Every single campaign should have escrow except if the Manager is a trusted member of the forum.

Guys What do you think? Smiley  I still need your suggestions about this idea. We should act immediately.

404 Not Found
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 03:49:55 AM

Do you don't know here how does the system works? please read top reputable scams in Reputation forums. Although these ICO 's are bullshit as they come up with little investment, script , design etc and saying millions of token supply.
P.s this section is for services must move to the right ones.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:05:51 AM

I do know how the system works. When a campaign happened to be a scam it will be reported directly to the scam accusation right? But with this idea, we will somehow prevent a scam project/campaign before it starts. So that no one will be a victim of scam Campaigns in the end.

What do you prefer?
1. Joined a campaign>Been scammed>Reported to scam accusation.

Or

2.Prove that the campaign is not a scam by having Escrow as a requirement of every campaign before it start>Get Paid.

Smiley

404 Not Found
Aaarono

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:16:35 AM

There are lot of scammers we had encountered from the past and I'm  pretty sure that we will still encounter scammers in the future. But in this topic we will focus on Scammers from Signature Campaigns. We are just participants, when we found an interesting signature campaign. We apply immediately without hesitation, and that's the common problem why we are getting scammed. Because we are careless, but is it really our fault? Or those fucking scammers who made those fucking scam Campaigns? We just wanted to earn bitcoin and because of our excitement we didn't even notice that the campaign is suspicious. Besides that, we will be called "shitposters" because we apply in suspicions campaign.

For example, in a particular campaign. Why it is hard for the Manager to escrow the funds? What's the problem? Are they scared? Or because they can manage a campaign without escrow? I know that some signature campaign still pays their participants although they didn't have escrow. But usually those are trusted Managers.
But how about those Campaign managers with "Newbie" accounts. They know that they're untrusted but still they don't want to have escrow. Then they will say that "we are not scam, we dont force you to join if you dont want". If they are really not a scam. Let's somehow prove it by having an escrow.

I think we should add "Having Escrow is required " to the rules of our Forum for Every Signature Campaigns that will be made here in Bitcoin Forum>Economy>MarketPlace>Services and also for other campaigns here (I'm not including Signature Campaigns and bounties in the Altcoin Section as they give tokens not Bitcoins) . This is to avoid scammers only, not to destroy their images. Every single campaign should have escrow except if the Manager is a trusted member of the forum.

Guys What do you think? Smiley  I still need your suggestions about this idea. We should act immediately.

Those are some good ideas to implement on the form. Usually scams adapt to the situations they have to go through. As much escrow would be a good solution, scams will find a way around it. :|
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:31:38 AM

Those are some good ideas to implement on the form. Usually scams adapt to the situations they have to go through. As much escrow would be a good solution, scams will find a way around it. :|
Hmmmmm. Nope, there's no other way for them to scam us once a campaign already hired an escrow. There's no doubt that they can still make fraud if the funds are being escrowed by our trusted Escows. At least, knowing that a campaign is already escrowed is a relief to every participants.

A campaign that doesn't want to escrow their funds will be suspicious and even considered as a scam. Except if (Like what I said in my thread) the Manager is a trusted one. You know, its pretty obvious if a manager didn't want to hire escrow. The question is, why they don't want to prove if their project really is not a scam. The fees for escrow is not too expensive right? But why can't they even do it for their project's sake?

404 Not Found
focmere

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:34:47 AM

That's a good idea, but this requires more attention from the moderators of the forum. And the Bounty Managers have to be informed about it, after all, they are the ones making profit out of it.
Another problem though, some ICOs only generate the tokens during the ICO, that would be too late for an escrow to actually get the coins, as most Bounty campaigns begin 2-3 month earlier since the ICO has been launched.
kikay15

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:34:52 AM

Do you don't know here how does the system works? please read top reputable scams in Reputation forums. Although these ICO 's are bullshit as they come up with little investment, script , design etc and saying millions of token supply.
P.s this section is for services must move to the right ones.
We must know bout bussiness that we enter,  and go for research tp avoid scam.  Because some people now use their strategy to scam other people.  So we must stop them by avoid scam,  dont give trust tp other people unless they have good intentions to you.  We must be honest to others.  

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
angrygroceries

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:36:38 AM
Merited by longminh123 (1)

I think spotting individual scam is not that hard, usually they're people who are desperate on money or lazy one or reckless . They want to have money immediately like thirsty and they will do anything for it even scamming others. So i suggest you to stay away from them , specially gamblers.

Spotting a scam project isn't that hard, they only have a white paper and a fucking huge marketing . Just simply check their white paper and you'll see there is nothing in it(or they could steal from other project) because actually they're a scam one, if they really have a good ideal , good solution they will absolutely go with it .

▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲ TRAXIA ║ A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE ▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲
══════Winner of SLUSH SHANGHAI 2017 EDITION  Technology by CARDANO  Invested by EMURGO══════
▲▼▶▼WEBSITEWHITEPAPERANN THREAD TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER TOKENSALE▲▼▶▼
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:48:52 AM

There are lot of scammers we had encountered from the past and I'm  pretty sure that we will still encounter scammers in the future. But in this topic we will focus on Scammers from Signature Campaigns. We are just participants, when we found an interesting signature campaign. We apply immediately without hesitation, and that's the common problem why we are getting scammed. Because we are careless, but is it really our fault? Or those fucking scammers who made those fucking scam Campaigns? We just wanted to earn bitcoin and because of our excitement we didn't even notice that the campaign is suspicious. Besides that, we will be called "shitposters" because we apply in suspicions campaign.

Guys What do you think? Smiley  I still need your suggestions about this idea. We should act immediately.

That's a good idea, but this requires more attention from the moderators of the forum. And the Bounty Managers have to be informed about it, after all, they are the ones making profit out of it.
Another problem though, some ICOs only generate the tokens during the ICO, that would be too late for an escrow to actually get the coins, as most Bounty campaigns begin 2-3 month earlier since the ICO has been launched.

Yeah you're right. But In this thread I'm pointing at Campaigns made in
Bitcoin Forum>Economy>MarketPlace>Services and also for other campaigns here (I'm not including Signature Campaigns and bounties in the Altcoin Section as they give tokens not Bitcoins)
Because you're right, Campaigns that offers tokens can only pay participants after they generate tokens during their ICO, and it's really hard to get Escow in this kind of situation. But I'm talking about is Campaigns that will pay BTCitcoin. We must prioritise having an Escrow to campaigns with Bitcoin as payment.

We are just starting to develop (Actually this is still just an idea of mine) this solution that's why we don't have to rush, we must focus on a certain place first. We will find solutions about avoiding scam in Altcoins too after this one has been confirmed or implemented by our Moderators in our forum's rules.

404 Not Found
judemarco1996

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:53:54 AM

First, always the site you are visiting if it is legit and can be trusted. Second, if someone is offering you how to gain money easily think twice and check the credentials of the offerer.
Lastly, study the process in bitcoin to be more knowledgeable hot bitcoin industry works.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 10:02:22 AM

Maybe avoiding them would be better and keeping our excitement inside rather than jumping to it. We really can't stop scammers from coming, but avoiding them to prevent us from being scammed is much easier. When they say that line "we are not scam, we dont force you to join if you dont want", avoid it right away. I saw many scams with that line.

silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:10:17 AM

I think this suggestion will only work on Bitcoin, Because in altcoin section they are only paying you altcoin, even if they escrow it, we still unsure if this token really has value after the ICO. That why we call it as Shitcoin in the altcoin section.

I know that bounty hunter need an assurance in order for their work to not wasted, I think the reason of some of the Campaign Manager
to not have an escrow, is to prove that they can become a trusted member even though they are only newbie, like strawbabies, When Strawbabies started his Campaign Manager business here in the forum, he is only a Newbie , if I'm not mistaken (Note: He is also the Escrow of that Campaign), and I'm one of the participants of his first campaign. Although many people have doubt about him, he still continues that campaign and became one of a trusted member that I know.
Catch-22

Activity: 364
Merit: 16

https://crowdsale.network

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:22:12 AM

It might not work on ICO since the companies have no funds to start with.  They are doing ICO to raise funds to support their project.  And I think, it will be hard for the companies to pay for bounties if the project is not successful.  They are returning the investments to their investors, they will not have funds to pay for the bounties.

Maybe, the bitcointalk team should kind-of register or accredited bounty managers and these managers should be responsible enough to investigate and research on the projects they will be handling.  ICO/Bounty post should only come to these accredited managers, this will probably filter the scam/non-paying projects.

CROWDSALE   ▐   PLATFORM aimed to find investors & find specialists
  ████████████████████████████████   [ SIGN UP ]   ███
            NETWORK   ▀▀▀▀   ◥ facebook     ◥ telegram     ◥ twitter
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:24:33 AM

Although i have not encountered a scam signature campaign yet because this is my first campaign, i like the idea of having escrow for the tokens allocated for the bounty hunters. I could see now that some campaigns are doing that, they have escrow for the bounty funds and i think many will follow this idea.
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:50:09 AM

I think this suggestion will only work on Bitcoin, Because in altcoin section they are only paying you altcoin, even if they escrow it, we still unsure if this token really has value after the ICO. That why we call it as Shitcoin in the altcoin section.

I know that bounty hunter need an assurance in order for their work to not wasted, I think the reason of some of the Campaign Manager
to not have an escrow, is to prove that they can become a trusted member even though they are only newbie, like strawbabies, When Strawbabies started his Campaign Manager business here in the forum, he is only a Newbie , if I'm not mistaken (Note: He is also the Escrow of that Campaign), and I'm one of the participants of his first campaign. Although many people have doubt about him, he still continues that campaign and became one of a trusted member that I know.
Yuph. That's right Silent, Like what I said, It will be good for campaigns with Bitcoins as their Payments. But I'm sure that we can still find solutions to avoid scam in Altcoins too in the future.

Also, a Newbie Member can still gain trust although his/her campaign is escrowed. By having escrow is just a proof that he/she is worth to trust. I'm sure that anyone wants to earn  people's trust here but, this idea is just to make it's participants calm about their payments. What do you think? Smiley

Ps. I've learned something to your post  Grin. So those tokens are the one called "Shitcoins". I already heard about this "shitcoins" before and wondering what it is. But I'm just too busy to find out what it is and forgot to search it through internet. Thankfully you mentioned it  Grin

404 Not Found
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:38:20 AM

Hi,

Indeed, you can find suspicious campaigns... But i would say it is up to you to check and go have a look on what is the signature campaign about. You can make some verifications yourself. This, should allow you -, at least, to have arguments when people start pointing down at your signature.

Otherwise... yes, indeed, you may be scammed. That's also part of bitcoin I guess...

svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:51:53 PM

Beware of Google advertising / Yandex. Often the swindlers buy ads through Google AdWords with links to websites whose appearance is very similar to the popular bitcoin resource interface, for example Blockchain.
Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:44:06 AM

I also encountered scam projects, I joined to the project in 3 consecutive weeks but the worst, the developer did not pay the bounty hunters and run the money that they collected during token sale.
In my case, I did not feel hurt when we are not paid for our efforts but I think it is more painful for those people who invest to the ICO.
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:38:10 PM

Well, I think there's no more suggestions about my idea. But I still wish for this one to be implemented to the forum's rule. I hope someone from the Moderators notice this little idea of mine.

404 Not Found
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:32:58 PM

Well, I think there's no more suggestions about my idea. But I still wish for this one to be implemented to the forum's rule. I hope someone from the Moderators notice this little idea of mine.
Literacy is the key. By educating ourselves, we can avoid such pitfalls. Do enough research and study so that it will be easier to discern what is a scam and what is not. Be careful in making decisions. If it's not a realistic way to success, doubt it. Success is not an easy thing. It also takes time and effort. Successful people would attest to that. Remember that there is no easy money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: