Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:25:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets talk about avoiding scam  (Read 625 times)
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:08:00 PM

There are lot of scammers we had encountered from the past and I'm  pretty sure that we will still encounter scammers in the future. But in this topic we will focus on Scammers from Signature Campaigns. We are just participants, when we found an interesting signature campaign. We apply immediately without hesitation, and that's the common problem why we are getting scammed. Because we are careless, but is it really our fault? Or those fucking scammers who made those fucking scam Campaigns? We just wanted to earn bitcoin and because of our excitement we didn't even notice that the campaign is suspicious. Besides that, we will be called "shitposters" because we apply in suspicions campaign.

Im just thinking that maybe we can do something to avoid these scam projects.
For example, in a particular campaign. Why it is hard for the Manager to escrow the funds? What's the problem? Are they scared? Or because they can manage a campaign without escrow? I know that some signature campaign still pays their participants although they didn't have escrow. But usually those are trusted Managers.
But how about those Campaign managers with "Newbie" accounts. They know that they're untrusted but still they don't want to have escrow. Then they will say that "we are not scam, we dont force you to join if you dont want". If they are really not a scam. Let's somehow prove it by having an escrow.

I think we should add "Having Escrow is required " to the rules of our Forum for Every Signature Campaigns that will be made here in Bitcoin Forum>Economy>MarketPlace>Services and also for other campaigns here (I'm not including Signature Campaigns and bounties in the Altcoin Section as they give tokens not Bitcoins) . This is to avoid scammers only, not to destroy their images. Every single campaign should have escrow except if the Manager is a trusted member of the forum.

Guys What do you think? Smiley  I still need your suggestions about this idea. We should act immediately.

That is a good idea, having escrow is required will reduce scam bounty campaign. But before getting into a signature campaign, its our job to study first and research the project of the ICO if its good to promote the campaign and not going or less likely to be a scam campaign.

Silent26 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:16:24 AM

There are lot of scammers we had encountered from the past and I'm  pretty sure that we will still encounter scammers in the future. But in this topic we will focus on Scammers from Signature Campaigns. We are just participants, when we found an interesting signature campaign. We apply immediately without hesitation, and that's the common problem why we are getting scammed. Because we are careless, but is it really our fault? Or those fucking scammers who made those fucking scam Campaigns? We just wanted to earn bitcoin and because of our excitement we didn't even notice that the campaign is suspicious. Besides that, we will be called "shitposters" because we apply in suspicions campaign.

For example, in a particular campaign. Why it is hard for the Manager to escrow the funds? What's the problem? Are they scared? Or because they can manage a campaign without escrow? I know that some signature campaign still pays their participants although they didn't have escrow. But usually those are trusted Managers.
But how about those Campaign managers with "Newbie" accounts. They know that they're untrusted but still they don't want to have escrow. Then they will say that "we are not scam, we dont force you to join if you dont want". If they are really not a scam. Let's somehow prove it by having an escrow.

I think we should add "Having Escrow is required " to the rules of our Forum for Every Signature Campaigns that will be made here in Bitcoin Forum>Economy>MarketPlace>Services and also for other campaigns here (I'm not including Signature Campaigns and bounties in the Altcoin Section as they give tokens not Bitcoins) . This is to avoid scammers only, not to destroy their images. Every single campaign should have escrow except if the Manager is a trusted member of the forum.

Guys What do you think? Smiley  I still need your suggestions about this idea. We should act immediately.

That is a good idea, having escrow is required will reduce scam bounty campaign. But before getting into a signature campaign, its our job to study first and research the project of the ICO if its good to promote the campaign and not going or less likely to be a scam campaign.
Yeah. That's right. It will definitely reduce scam Campaigns and actually, if ever that a campaign has been escrowed. There's a possibility that it is not a scam project. Sometimes escrow also take time to review their project to determine whether it is a scam or not. And having an escrowed campaigns leave us relieved from worrying.

404 Not Found
luckycoinn

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:42:10 AM

Well, that's a good idea. Even they don't hire a trusted campaign manager, hiring escrow will prove that they are serious to start a campaign.
But is there any escrow that accept any coin beside Bitcoin like ETH, LTC, etc? Especially ETH because I saw some campaign that pays with ETH
tetsu223

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:46:14 AM

We must know about business that we enter,  and go for research to avoid scam.  Because some people now use their strategy to scam other people.  So we must stop them by avoid scam,  don't give trust to other people unless they have good intentions to you.  We must be honest to others. 
microwave

Activity: 191

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:37:56 AM

I have some opinion to avoid a scam, it is a true and legit information because it stated by my prof. in college and she is an IT graduate that is why she has an expertise when it comes to the word scam. The best thing to avoid scam is that, do not browse the url with http: because it is not secure. The only secure is the https:// and make sure that the color that is green. Smiley
Mamaecrypto

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:45:11 AM

Very interesting topic. As a newbie I truly did not know how to differentiate between scam campains and knowing that some will use escrow to secure campain funds really helped. I will watch out for that info in the future. Now, where can I find out that info? Do solid campaings post on their treads about having secured funds on escrow? How can we make surr? Forgive my naivess! I am a newbie trying to navigate the world of crypto without get caught in the flood of scamms!

Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:50:58 AM

why this scammers exist in our world ? we bounty hunters help them to sell their token in social medias and other campaign materials. then when ico is over they will run away and they will not send our allocated coins. hope admin will lessen this scammer icos because it is waste of time and effort to all bounty hunters.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 04:08:05 AM

There is always a risk that the bounty manager will not pay especially if the poster of it is a lower rank member. You have the option though to not participate in it if you think he is suspicious especially if he refuse to have an escrow. I have seen a campaign though that is run by a Jr. Member account before and then he has given red trust because he refuse to have an escrow but later on, he paid the participants even though it is after a month because that is the rule of the campaign. It is a campaign paid in bitcoin so many are suspicious about it why he would pay after a month but he fulfill his promise and the red trust is gone.

It is case to case basis and I have observed that some of the higher rank members immediately act when a newbie starts a campaign and so far some are caught red handed because of this so if someone knows something about the OP then he would just share it to warn others.

A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:21:10 AM

Your idea is very great. Escrow indeed is needed in every bounty to avoid scams. We should not let our efforts go to waste and we must act immediately. But, we must also be aware of the project we are applying for. This is the first step to evade those scam ICOs. Read also the whitepaper and do background checks about their team to know if their project has a sense.
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:58:45 PM

Thanks for your suggestions guys, it seems like all of you are right. I think we really need to implement this to our forum's rule so that we can be able to monitor if we're going to lessen scam projects here in the forum.

why this scammers exist in our world ? we bounty hunters help them to sell their token in social medias and other campaign materials. then when ico is over they will run away and they will not send our allocated coins. hope admin will lessen this scammer icos because it is waste of time and effort to all bounty hunters.
Scammers exist because there are lot of lazy and selfish people. They only do everything just for themselves that is why I called them selfish, and lazy because these scam projects only relied to its participants to make advertisements about their project but eventually, they will just run away with the money. If they have no intention of paying their participants for advertising their project. Why don't they advertise their project with their own. What an annoying bunches of stupid people who only do frauds here. They must be eliminate in some way.

Very interesting topic. As a newbie I truly did not know how to differentiate between scam campains and knowing that some will use escrow to secure campain funds really helped. I will watch out for that info in the future. Now, where can I find out that info? Do solid campaings post on their treads about having secured funds on escrow? How can we make surr? Forgive my naivess! I am a newbie trying to navigate the world of crypto without get caught in the flood of scamms!
Yuph, sometimes we really can't  differentiate campaigns if they're scam or not. Because sometimes they are very promising and it attracts participants to join without hesitation. The only solution for suspicious campaigns is by having an escrow. Once a campaign is being escrowed, there is no chance for the campaign manager to scam its participants if the funds for payments is already handed to our trusted Escrows.

I have some opinion to avoid a scam, it is a true and legit information because it stated by my prof. in college and she is an IT graduate that is why she has an expertise when it comes to the word scam. The best thing to avoid scam is that, do not browse the url with http: because it is not secure. The only secure is the https:// and make sure that the color that is green. Smiley
Thank you for the information. But I think it's not scam the word itself. Sites where the url doesn't have "s" or "secured" for example is http:// is commonly used for making phishing sites. This is a way of some hackers to steal someone's account or password. That's why we must be careful in browsing in internet too. There are a lot of these phising sites in the internet just waiting for victims. Just always remember "Think before you Click".

Your idea is very great. Escrow indeed is needed in every bounty to avoid scams. We should not let our efforts go to waste and we must act immediately. But, we must also be aware of the project we are applying for. This is the first step to evade those scam ICOs. Read also the whitepaper and do background checks about their team to know if their project has a sense.
Indeed Sir.

404 Not Found
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:44:38 PM

Signature campaigns are not managed by the forums, so there shouldn't be a need for the forum staff to do anything to protect users from scam signature campaigns.

Nobody is forcing members to join campaigns, and I think the problem lies in the fundamental issue of people joining the forums (not just the campaigns) for the wrong reasons.

Your signature space is YOUR space. Signature campaigns pay you to utilize this space; a rental, if you will. The signature can be whatever they designate, and they pay you in return, but you, as a signature campaign participate, should at least personally endorse the space that you are renting. Just because they're promising to pay you for the space doesn't mean it's a necessity. I personally have only been part of signature campaigns where I have no problems endorsing the product. YoBit, Bitmixer, and now ChipMixer. I've used all of these services, so I have no problems with waving their flag in my signature spot.

With all of that said, if a company is not willing to escrow the funds for campaigns on the forums here, the participant/applicant is knowingly taking a risk by joining the campaign. How does this fall into the responsibility of the forum staff? Why should it? These are 3rd-party services and have nothing to do with the responsibilities and duties of forum staff members.

Do you want to avoid scams? It's pretty simple: If it looks like a scam and sounds like a scam, chances are that it is a scam. Walk away. Simple.

Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:13:59 AM

Signature campaigns are not managed by the forums, so there shouldn't be a need for the forum staff to do anything to protect users from scam signature campaigns.

Nobody is forcing members to join campaigns, and I think the problem lies in the fundamental issue of people joining the forums (not just the campaigns) for the wrong reasons.

Your signature space is YOUR space. Signature campaigns pay you to utilize this space; a rental, if you will. The signature can be whatever they designate, and they pay you in return, but you, as a signature campaign participate, should at least personally endorse the space that you are renting. Just because they're promising to pay you for the space doesn't mean it's a necessity. I personally have only been part of signature campaigns where I have no problems endorsing the product. YoBit, Bitmixer, and now ChipMixer. I've used all of these services, so I have no problems with waving their flag in my signature spot.

With all of that said, if a company is not willing to escrow the funds for campaigns on the forums here, the participant/applicant is knowingly taking a risk by joining the campaign. How does this fall into the responsibility of the forum staff? Why should it? These are 3rd-party services and have nothing to do with the responsibilities and duties of forum staff members.

Do you want to avoid scams? It's pretty simple: If it looks like a scam and sounds like a scam, chances are that it is a scam. Walk away. Simple.
Hi Sir, I didn't mentioned in my thread that it was our forum's staffs responsibility. All I'm trying to say is, to somehow require an escrow to every campaigns made in >Services. Yes, you are right about our signature is a rental space and it is up to us if we are going to join in a suspicious campaign and we all knew that its risky but because we wanted to earn. We will be forced to join. But if you can notice, some campaigns are only made to scam people. They are fooling us for endorsing their project for free and there is nothing we can do to receive our payment once the campaign is done and no update for the payments. And I think the only solution for scam issues in campaigns is by having an escrow. This is not just to avoid people to get scam but this is to avoid scam projects too.

There are a lot of people scammed in the past, too many time has been wasted and I know you hate it too didn't you Sir? I know you hate scam projects too. You're just too lucky to have YoBit, Bitmixer and ChipMixer to be your company because the manager who handles those Campaigns are trusted Members of the forum. Also this idea will be favorable to campaign escrows hehe I guessed.

I know I asked too much for this idea. But I will be glad if you lend me some support Smiley I acknowledged you Sir.

404 Not Found
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:00:34 AM

Hi Sir, I didn't mentioned in my thread that it was our forum's staffs responsibility. All I'm trying to say is, to somehow require an escrow to every campaigns made in >Services

That's exactly what your implications are, however, by requiring every campaign to hold escrow. Who would enforce this? By mandating an escrow for campaigns, you're having to rely on the forum staff to moderate this policy, which means it then becomes their responsibility to ensure that every campaign has [said] escrow. I know you've given this a lot of thought, but it's unnecessary to add more of a workload to the existing staff. It should be the responsibility of the user to do their due diligence when joining a campaign instead of just joining for the promise of a high payout.

All in all, this should be a non-issue for the staff; signature campaigns are not a feature of the forums. It's a third-party system that the forums just allow to happen.

The best way to have the forums enforce the avoidance of scams regarding campaigns? Ban the permissions to host campaigns and bounties altogether lol

Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:07:12 AM

Am of the opinion that the management of this forum should do a lot of authentication before allowing such signature campaign in the first place. Some of us don't even understand d what escrow means or how it work.
AfanasjevIur

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:37:47 AM

Most cranes are sharpened for some specific crypto currency, most often Bitcoin. With the development of the etherium in the general interest to it began to appear the same cranes of the etherium cranes kriptovalyut very many half of them close quickly without paying anything.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:26:38 PM

Yeah i like your thread. There are so many ICO out there.
if we don't want to got scammed, we must learn how to avoid it, and choose the right ICO to invest.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
investorss

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:30:40 PM

fully support your thought
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:48:49 PM

I do know how the system works. When a campaign happened to be a scam it will be reported directly to the scam accusation right? But with this idea, we will somehow prevent a scam project/campaign before it starts. So that no one will be a victim of scam Campaigns in the end.

What do you prefer?
1. Joined a campaign>Been scammed>Reported to scam accusation.

Or

2.Prove that the campaign is not a scam by having Escrow as a requirement of every campaign before it start>Get Paid.

Smiley

This is a very good idea for sure. I've come across many seemingly scam campaigns but I've missed a lot of good ones also because they do not have escrowed funds. Participating in signature campaigns is not easy. Imagine how one feels if he doesn't get paid for the work done.

I think this condition should be made compulsory for all the bounty campaigns.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:45:57 PM

Well, that's a good idea. Even they don't hire a trusted campaign manager, hiring escrow will prove that they are serious to start a campaign.
But is there any escrow that accept any coin beside Bitcoin like ETH, LTC, etc? Especially ETH because I saw some campaign that pays with ETH
you ca hire an escrow from bounty campaign managers who accepts tokens in any kind,they are well trusted in this field so many users my safe in scamming,because if they dont well losing their ti
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:46:06 PM

This is a very good idea for sure. I've come across many seemingly scam campaigns but I've missed a lot of good ones also because they do not have escrowed funds. Participating in signature campaigns is not easy. Imagine how one feels if he doesn't get paid for the work done.

I think this condition should be made compulsory for all the bounty campaigns.
Yeah, that feeling when a campaign promised to pay but eventually they will just run away. I'm very picky when it comes to campaigns, before I fully join, I laways investigate the background of the manager(I only investigate when the campaign don't want to hire Escrow, because it's suspicious) if he/she is trusted. Then when I'm satisfied, I will join it. But, unfortunately, sometimes I still get scammed. It is really difficult to trust someone and It is not good to be scammed. This is the only solution I think we can come up.

404 Not Found
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: