Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How you keep safe BITCOIN?  (Read 408 times)
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:36:55 PM

There are no easy way to keep your electronic money or electronic wallet that keeps your bitcoin in an easy way. If you want to be secure, you need to have security measures that is very hard to access. Only you can access it and keep a backup of all those information you used before accessing your wallet.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VBCryp@

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:37:09 PM

buy Ledger!that the safest way to store your bitcoin and any other altcoins
I usually keep my bitcoin on hard Trezos wallets. That's the best way to keep the bitcoin I know. When I want to use bitcoin to invest, I transfer bitcoin from Trezos wallet on the commercial site to invest. But keep in mind that you should keep your private key carefully so that it will not be stolen.
rasyiqul1505

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

I heard someone said to save bitcoin in an offline app, so people can not take it over the internet, but I do not think it's a problem to store bitcoins on apps that are always connected to the internet. Most importantly we do not tell our wallet passwords to others.
one of the purses I know to store bitcoin is at bitcoin.co.id I think it's safe to store bitcoin here.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:38:44 PM

buy Ledger!that the safest way to store your bitcoin and any other altcoins
I usually keep my bitcoin on hard Trezos wallets. That's the best way to keep the bitcoin I know. When I want to use bitcoin to invest, I transfer bitcoin from Trezos wallet on the commercial site to invest. But keep in mind that you should keep your private key carefully so that it will not be stolen.

Using trezor as well, and a few offline laptops, encrypted usb devices with important info like private keys and accounts backed up.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:39:53 PM

suggest some easy ways?
I will say the wallets with the private keys access are completely safe to store our bitcoins because it is impossible to hack the private key,but it is important how you store your private key,never store it in digital form it is better to store it in the offline drive or write down in the paper.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:43:27 PM

because I can not avoid using my bitcoin on my wallet especially when you need money and you have a good deal but I think it's too difficult to hold a bitcoin when its price drops you can not avoid getting it back.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:55:35 PM

Most of the bitcoin users  here in forum including me, keep their coins in a hardware wallet. It is because it cannot be easily hacked unless you exposed or let anyone know your password. There are also some offline apps that could save your bitcoin,it is also convenient since you don't need internet to access your account or checked how much balance left in your account. Just always remember that you should keep your security code in a safe place and don't let your bitcoin stucked in any exchanges.

isen99ono

Activity: 742
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

suggest some easy ways?

This way I get the safety that even if one exchange is hacked or runs away with investors money, all my investments do not disappear.
what if the situation like this: almost all or half of the exchanges exposed to attacks (hack)?
well, In addition, this is just a parable and market, not a comfortable place to lean for long
just keep it in the wallet and make a sure you are fully controlling especially its private key. the people above have given many examples
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:38:20 PM

suggest some easy ways?

Personally I use blockchain.info wallet with all secure options enabled (such as 2fa and etc). It is rather safe to hold bitcoins this way

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Jednopivo

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:14:18 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but a private key that helps you to claim ownership on the Bitcoin units. It depends on you that how you are storing the private key. If you are holding it on the web then it's a web wallet, if you are writing it on a paper then it's a paper wallet and if you are storing it in any hardware then it's the hardware wallet so it's up to you that what suits you. However, storing/maintaining keys online is not recommended.
I appreciate this explanation. So, would you say that a ledger nano hardware wallet would be a safe way to store Bitcoin?
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:17:03 PM

Did you buy some wallet?
Or you can use USB or Hard drive if you want LoL
Fayamba

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:19:50 PM

The safest way to keep your bitcoin safe is to store it in a wallet you have the private key to.I, for instance uses mycellium to store my bitcoin. Dont store them on exchanges sites.
azker

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:30:37 PM

The method of safe storage depends on how you use your bitcoins. If you are a trader then you just have to keep coins on stock exchanges, and as you know this hiring is a safe place to store.The only thing that can be done is to differentiate the risk using several exchanges.
Fixart96

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:28:36 AM

The most important thing you should do to secure your wallet is to backup your private key, when you create a bitcoin wallet you automatically have public key and private key. As long as you have a private key you will not have to worry if your bitcoin purse provider site is down or inaccessible.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:44:02 AM

Have a private wallet, anybody can make their own paper wallet that only you will get the private key to and you can encrypt it as well. Once you print out the paper wallet you can make as many backups as you want and keep them stored in many different safe locations.

Brian Goldman

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:52:20 AM

Cryptocurrencies are stored on the blockchain. Just like banks have account name & number, cryptocurrencies have addresses to their wallets on the blockchain. Each wallet has a public address and a private address. Public address is where you can receive token/altcoin at, while the private address is the key to access your wallet or to send token/altcoin.
fusanti4455

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:04:07 AM

yes as long as you keep your account from others will be safe and do not tell your friends, if it can be stored in the hardware and also a trusted wallet application and use what is recommended friend if you can try too, it is just me if you guys agree yes please if not yes up to you guys.
bobbykulot

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:06:24 AM

suggest some easy ways?
To keep it safe always of course you should only know your password for protection.do not use your gadget with others for secure.most of all secure your private key back up this.take care your wallet always because once they know your private key anytime they can get your coins in your wallet so be careful to us.and choose carefully if what wallet would you use.Save it in offline app or print it in paper or save it in hard drive or save it in a CD ,lol.its up to you if what way you can aave it.
gabinsight

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 09:12:26 AM

The is a brillian Subject, I have been surfing the net trying to discover ways to safekeep my Bitcoins, but one needs to be really careful with some online solutions.. I have obviously learnt alot from the solutions given here... Thanks Guys!!!
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:16:41 AM

For me i tend to use an specific bitcoin wallet because bitcoin is a digital money we need to be more careful in choicing particular wallet, if you have found a good wallet first you just need to find and dig more and legitimate information in that wallet for us to know what will happen.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: