Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:19:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How you keep safe BITCOIN?  (Read 408 times)
jafu (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:03:25 AM

suggest some easy ways?
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:08:22 AM

suggest some easy ways?

The safest way to keep bitcoin is using a hardware wallet. A ledger or trezor is recommended to use by others. Depends on how you will use your bitcoins, some people use blockchain.info wallet if you always use it in a transaction but if you are just holding it better keep it in a hardware wallet or paper wallet.

krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:05:38 AM

suggest some easy ways?

Here is what I do. I buy bitcoins in different exchanges. This way I get the safety that even if one exchange is hacked or runs away with investors money, all my investments do not disappear. I also use only credible exchanges (even if they have higher fees).
Sudhik

Activity: 266
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:22:31 AM

By using hardware wallet is good recomended, using a hardware wallet is good choose, safer than software wallet,  but remember nothing is safe, all have own risk I think using online/software wallet is not too bad, but you should follow the rules how to use it with safe, that's like make sure to keep your private key and your keystore, only you know it. And for using hardware please use trusted antivirus software to minimize virus attack to your computer which than can danger for your hardware wallet. Thank you
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:30:05 AM

suggest some easy ways?

As long as you keep your Address from the access of anyone, your coin will be surely safe. Aside from my local wallet app, I'm also using hardware wallet. Personally, I am storing it in trezor, I feel secure holding on it than a software. I also make tore it in an exchange, though it is not safe this allows me to trade easily. There is no assurance but I always choose what is being used by the majority.
krungpuge03

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:45:36 AM

hello , I am an newbie in using bitcoin can you tell me some possible ways how  I can  keep  my bitcoin safe?
klavyemaus52

Activity: 571
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

I am keeping in the original wallet its best for get fork coins and safely way to keep bitcoins
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:54:02 AM

i keep the original wallet and hard wallet its make wallet safe and keep people to access my address
nickmax

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:02:21 PM

A good way to not lose everything at once is to store coins in different wallets, better, of course, in local or hardware. And web wallets are used only for frequent transfers, because they are more convenient.
zais

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:14:19 PM

suggest some easy ways?
The safest way to save my Bitcoin, is to use hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor. With a hardware wallet, I will always need this hardware to access my Bitcoin, so it's safer. And I also have to give a physical approval to make transactions
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

suggest some easy ways?

The safest way to keep bitcoin is using a hardware wallet. A ledger or trezor is recommended to use by others. Depends on how you will use your bitcoins, some people use blockchain.info wallet if you always use it in a transaction but if you are just holding it better keep it in a hardware wallet or paper wallet.

Yes, Absolutely right said. I agree with you. Hardware wallet is always safe and secure. It is easy to hack online wallet but it is very difficult to hack hardware wallet. And I trust hardware wallet a lot. Because in hardware wallet I can control everything.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:32:43 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but a private key that helps you to claim ownership on the Bitcoin units. It depends on you that how you are storing the private key. If you are holding it on the web then it's a web wallet, if you are writing it on a paper then it's a paper wallet and if you are storing it in any hardware then it's the hardware wallet so it's up to you that what suits you. However, storing/maintaining keys online is not recommended.
akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:01:38 PM

buy Ledger!that the safest way to store your bitcoin and any other altcoins

zentdex

Merit: 274

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:08:53 PM

The people choice in this part is Trezor, a secure and easy way, but most of the trezor user have a huge amount of bitcoin on hand im sure. The price of that hardware wallet could be relatively high for new bitcoin holder with less than one coin on hand. But another way of securing is using your own computer, there are secure application wherein you could transfer your online wallet thru this offline wallet. It could be offline once you have transfer and disconnect it from the internet but if you will use that computer for surfing the net the security could be compromise.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

suggest some easy ways?
If you can afford to buy hardware wallets much better but if not you can choose either you create paper wallet or online wallets. Keep your wallets private keys in a safe place that is waterproof, fireproof and weather proof. Avoid storing funds on exchanges as they might run with your funds away. Be vigilant on the internet full of prying eyes for situational awareness would help you out from danger.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dyatrev

Activity: 980
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:16:02 PM

You can use electrum wallet. If you install to a computer without an Internet connection, you are safe. For more information, you can check out electrum's website.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:21:26 PM

The best way to keep bitcoin would be on a cold wallet.
Cold wallet means a wallet that is based on an object that is not connected to the internet and will never be connected to the internet, it can be a paper wallet that physically can't be hacked( you can't connect a paper to the internet), or it can be stored on a flash drive, that you plugged in to an offline computer to generate the private key.
Or it can even be stored on an old PC that you don't use, just make sure that you remove the WiFI plug so it there won't be any chance that it will be connected to the internet at some point.
darksanya

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:22:33 PM

suggest some easy ways?

Here is what I do. I buy bitcoins in different exchanges. This way I get the safety that even if one exchange is hacked or runs away with investors money, all my investments do not disappear. I also use only credible exchanges (even if they have higher fees).
Actually, it's not a safe way to keep money. Everything can happen with your exchanges and you lose your money. Only hardware wallets. They maybe will be a bit more expensive but ask yourself how much does your calmness cost
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:25:39 PM

suggest some easy ways?
If you can afford to buy hardware wallets much better but if not you can choose either you create paper wallet or online wallets. Keep your wallets private keys in a safe place that is waterproof, fireproof and weather proof. Avoid storing funds on exchanges as they might run with your funds away. Be vigilant on the internet full of prying eyes for situational awareness would help you out from danger.
Strongly agreed with you, it's better to spent some amount of your money just to buy safe wallet where your bitcoin is safe for storing than to lose everything.
As what he say hardware wallets are the safest way of storing your crypto currencies, just like Trezor and Ledger wallet it is like USB that you can store safe. Also online wallet is safe as long as you have your private key but we don't know if that online wallet will long last or run away after a year. If you used online wallet don't put all your eggs in a one basket. Grin Grin
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:30:02 PM

suggest some easy ways?

I think the easy ways to safe your bitcoin is to keep your private key in a very very safe place that no one knows except the one that you can realy trust your money or put it in your diary. Also always double check the website that you are logging in your pasword and acount that was easy but best way too. Dont open some suspecios link or website.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: