Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:28:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018-02-16 US Government Not Passing Bitcoin Regulations Anytime Soon  (Read 97 times)
TIN1114 (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:24:36 AM

US Government Not Passing Bitcoin Regulations Anytime Soon: White House Official

The US government won’t be passing Bitcoin regulations anytime soon, at least according to one White House official.

Rob Joyce, special assistant to the president and White House cybersecurity coordinator, stated during an interview with CNBC that although the government is concerned about Bitcoin and other public cryptocurrencies, officials are still a long way from developing an official regulatory framework.

Read the full story here: https://www.ccn.com/us-government-not-passing-bitcoin-regulations-anytime-soon-white-house-official/
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:29:28 AM

Haven't they already passed regulations on it? Making the exchanges have "bitlicense"?, if so what are the implications on the currently passed laws.
I do admire their actions though. It's true cryptos are poorly understood. They have pros and cons. It's better to keep observing it than to dismiss it in a snap.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:02:45 AM

Haven't they already passed regulations on it? Making the exchanges have "bitlicense"?, if so what are the implications on the currently passed laws.
I do admire their actions though. It's true cryptos are poorly understood. They have pros and cons. It's better to keep observing it than to dismiss it in a snap.

I believe the BitLicense is only a local law, not a federal one. The processes required for bills to be passed in the federal government through the legislative branch and then to be signed by the president is a very rigorous one. This is probably one of the reasons why no significant Bitcoin or crypto regulations have been put into effect by them along with the heated political climate that has surged because of all the debates around President Trump and the partisan fights. Passing local state laws such as was the case with BitLicense in New York is easier as it is faster to find support for ideals since ideologies tend to be more biased within the local scope. I do believe, however, that any talk about crypto or Bitcoin in any legislative agenda would help promote the legitimacy of these as real currencies that can be safely use to transact with others.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:57:31 AM

I believe the BitLicense is only a local law, not a federal one. The processes required for bills to be passed in the federal government through the legislative branch and then to be signed by the president is a very rigorous one. This is probably one of the reasons why no significant Bitcoin or crypto regulations have been put into effect by them along with the heated political climate that has surged because of all the debates around President Trump and the partisan fights. Passing local state laws such as was the case with BitLicense in New York is easier as it is faster to find support for ideals since ideologies tend to be more biased within the local scope. I do believe, however, that any talk about crypto or Bitcoin in any legislative agenda would help promote the legitimacy of these as real currencies that can be safely use to transact with others.

The federal government is occupied with so many things which weren't a factor before Trump, that they simply don't have the time to think about crypto regulations in my opinion. Which is a shame, I'm sure if Obama was still around, crypto regulations would have been implemented way faster, since the government wouldn't be occupied with stupid things like travel bans and wall building and all that; and could concentrate on real issues.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:28:18 AM

Well, I would not mind for as long as the government will not be making cryptocurrency trading illegal or not allowed. I am sure that years from now there will be the official recognition from the government most especially in many grey areas not defined by any available laws. I am not complaining because isn't this what we are wishing for...no regulations? The most important thing is that the government will only intervene if there are really legitimate complaints and if there is a sold evidence on breaking the securities and other financial laws. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: