Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:43:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [noob] Help me to decide please  (Read 425 times)
s0mekind (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:28:56 AM

Hey guys,
One thing is annoying me the most:
BTC drop af - altcoins are dropping
BTC is raising - altcoins are dropping

My thing is simple: if btc crash, all altcoins will crash (obviously). if btc will moon, the whole crypto market will moon too.
I believe BTC will hit +$30k, I have 4 btc right now and I bought ADA for all.
My "problem" is: when BTC is raising, ADA (like most of the coins) is dropping. So if BTC will hit $30k, how much my ADA will worth? BTC paired. Should I keep my money on BTC or ADA? I believe both will raise.

PS: I'm not a guru, it is just my investition.
LeoSys

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 08:37:48 AM

It is better to look for diversification. Don't keep only one asset (token). Look for more good projects to invest in.
s0mekind (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:45:38 AM

But what will happen with the altcoins if will will hit $30k in a week? Just talking, not saying will happen.
I see for a few days that every +5% on btc is a -5% on altcoins (Btc paired). It is not a rule, but 90% of the coins are following this.
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:52:58 AM

Hey guys,

My thing is simple: if btc crash, all altcoins will crash (obviously). if btc will moon, the whole crypto market will moon too.
My "problem" is: when BTC is raising, ADA (like most of the coins) is dropping. So if BTC will hit $30k, how much my ADA will worth? BTC paired. Should I keep my money on BTC or ADA? I believe both will raise.

Everything will be fine, do not worry about the altcoins will be restored and will only grow. The question is why you just invested in one coin, this may not give you the desired result and you thus increase the risk of loss.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:53:45 AM

if btc will moon, the whole crypto market will moon too.

This statement works well but only for strong projects with very big potential still. In coming month bitcoin will be rising again and you can check tokens like ZIL, ELA or AION from time to time - they will be going to the moon, while weak coins will be dumping.
Kurva

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:58:13 AM

Are you all in on ADA ?

I am a ADA holder to but never put all your $ in one coin. And i do believe ADA is a slow grower. Not expect something drastic to happen.
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:52:01 AM

Hey guys,

You will likely be on a lose side if you stay in ADA because it has a huge supply and many competitors. If Bitcoin rise, ADA will hit a big dump because they only maintain the dollar value and not the bitcoin value. Just stay on Bitcoin or explore other altcoin for other diversification.
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:00:14 PM

I won’t put all my eggs in to single basket. Its better to spared out the investment if you lose in one you may gain in the other. I have few coins which is gone up 15x and some of the  I lose 80% of my investment.

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:09:52 PM

There is a correlation between coins when the price movements is a reaction to news that affects all cryptocurrencies like regulation. But all coins will also act on their own when the news only affects specific coins like the recent rise in Litecoin.

RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:21:56 PM

It's simple because all coins have paired with BTC. So, if BTC price went down, then coins price also drop.
Investor starts to do stop loss and start to sell their assets. That also make coins price drop.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:32:26 PM

Its good to have BTC but for me I think 4 BTC is huge. My advise is that you should lookout for other promising altcoins and invest at least 1.5 BTC on them. By investing 1.5BTC on Altcoins am sure you will also get huge returns from it.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:36:46 PM

Hey guys,

That is the nature of altcoins relatively to bitcoin,the only time altcoins will grow is when bitcoin goes sideways it means it is stabilized.The best thing to do when bitcoin is moving up or downward is to get out from the altcoins to prevent any further loss of your portfolio,i usually buyback at the dips when the market has crashed.

bitcoinhunter1221

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:46:19 PM

Investing is good for a great profit. But investing all your $ for a single asset is surely a bad idea for me. ADA for me is for long term investments and if I were you, I could have invested on some other tokens for more chances of winning.
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:13:39 PM

Woah! 4 btc is such a huge amount of money to place in one basket, you could've bought at least 5 other coins so you can divide the money you invest in. That's what I learned from trading, to diversify the coins and invest at least 5 alternate coins.
popeboy

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:18:43 PM

I would buy some ETH in case I were you. I don't see flippening occuring anytime soon but better be forewarned.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:21:16 PM

It will advice you to invest your money in other cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin because diversification is the best principle of investment. Do not put all your eggs in one basket. Most of the coins are rising with bitcoin, so investing in them is not a wrong idea. Just spread your investment in different sectors of the crypto economy. Thanks
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:23:19 PM

If you hold your coins usually instead of trading them, you should not worry about this effect because both your coins will rise ultimately if they are good coins  Smiley

Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:47:02 PM

It is better to look for diversification. Don't keep only one asset (token). Look for more good projects to invest in.
That's not really true, at least what the previous markets trends showed, when Bitcoin dropped any other other coin/token did too. So it's not really worth it to do diversification in the crypto-sphere, instead diversify your investments over multiple categories, for example minerals, assets and also crypto projects.
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:57:42 PM

It is impossible to keep all their money in btc or any other coin. You need to diversify your portfolio therefore you have to buy altcoins. You want to buy ADA. This is a good coin, but I would also advise you to look closely at the XEM and ARDR.

eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:00:20 PM

ADA has too big a supply for me. It's like ripple, such a huge supply it can never be worth much. Get yourself some DRGN and be happy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: