Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:11:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 17 BITCOIN REALTED DOMAINS FOR SALE  (Read 1842 times)
frankiebits (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 12:36:29 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 02:41:52 PM

blocksolvers is the only good one
some are outright embarrassing, like INVESTINBITCOINS

Anonymous BITCOIN Exchange: https://www.TRADEHILL.COM
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 03:10:39 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2011, 08:53:59 PM by Grouver

Keep in mind the whole Bitcoin network isn't a commercial thing(.com).
Every entity selling stuff or services to the Bitcoin community are part of the Bitcoin network.
Thus, I think .NET domains are gonna be it not .COM that era is over.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 04:22:04 PM

Keep in mind the whole Bitcoin network isn't a company (.com).
Every entity selling stuff or services to the Bitcoin community are part of the Bitcoin network.

You do realize that none of that matters, right? =)  .Coms are used because they are better for branding than .net in most cases. Usage has little if anything to do with whether a company is a "company" or a "network."

The perception remains that if you have a .net you look less professional than if you have a .com.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 04:39:29 PM

You do realize that none of that matters, right? =)  .Coms are used because they are better for branding than .net in most cases. Usage has little if anything to do with whether a company is a "company" or a "network."

The perception remains that if you have a .net you look less professional than if you have a .com.

Right, well I never look at an domain when I like the stuff or services a website is selling.
I am not like... pfrrt its not .com domain iam out of here.

That, is a huge misconception.
Its about the goods a website is trying to sell not about if your domain name contains: .com

And since bitcoin is a network I think the semantics is to use a .net and not a .com domain since that is not what it was created for.

Kais

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:25:54 PM

You do realize that none of that matters, right? =)  .Coms are used because they are better for branding than .net in most cases. Usage has little if anything to do with whether a company is a "company" or a "network."

That's so true. I would go to a .com site over a .net site any day. .Net makes it look unprofessional, like they don't have enough money to choose their own brand...many times, it's the same name as a bigger company, but .net instead.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:09:29 PM

Right, well I never look at an domain when I like the stuff or services a website is selling.

Its about the goods a website is trying to sell not about if your domain name contains: .com

And since bitcoin is a network I think the semantics is to use a .net and not a .com domain since that is not what it was created for.

The same could be said about a company logo... meaningless, right? All that matters is what the company sells and its service?

Marketing and design - including a domain name - represent signals to potential customers. Often these signals are somewhat subconscious, and I promise that you do indeed care about the domain name though you may not realize it. Just as you would subconsciously judge a person who was "unkempt", so too do you judge a company that looks unprofessional. It's a signal, and these signals are important in a competitive marketplace.
frankiebits (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:41:51 PM

blocksolvers is the only good one
some are outright embarrassing, like INVESTINBITCOINS

cool opinion bro.

edit: you have been a part of this community for a month, you know nothing
Grouver (BtcBalance)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 08:42:59 PM

The same could be said about a company logo... meaningless, right? All that matters is what the company sells and its service?

Marketing and design - including a domain name - represent signals to potential customers. Often these signals are somewhat subconscious, and I promise that you do indeed care about the domain name though you may not realize it. Just as you would subconsciously judge a person who was "unkempt", so too do you judge a company that looks unprofessional. It's a signal, and these signals are important in a competitive marketplace.

I don't think you can compare a design with a domain.
If you have 2 options to give a visit since your looking to buy cars.

Option 1:
buygoodcars.net

Option 2:
buygoodcars.com

Were will you buy?
The answer is: You cannot tell yet, since you didn't view those websites yet.
Like said, if you think buygoodcars.net has a good design and cousin Evan told you buygoodcars.net sells great stuff.
Why then say: Hey but wait a minute... buygoodcars.com has a .com extension. I should buy there.

No, just no.

frankiebits (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:46:06 PM

Option 1:
buygoodcars.net

Option 2:
buygoodcars.com

Were will you buy?
Like said, if you think buygoodcars.net has a good design and cousin Evan told you buygoodcars.net sells great stuff.
Why then say: Hey but wait a minute... buygoodcars.com has a .com extension. I should buy there.

No, just no.

.NET = Network
.COM = Commercial

edit: bitcoinminer.net is available, start the bitcoin miners network!
Grouver (BtcBalance)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 08:54:57 PM

Option 1:
buygoodcars.net

Option 2:
buygoodcars.com

Were will you buy?

No, just no.

.NET = Network
.COM = Commercial

edit: bitcoinminer.net is available, start the bitcoin miners network!

Yes alright.
But still, Bitcoin isn't commercial either.

lacedwithkerosene

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 09:17:56 PM

I'll sell you www.bitcoindomainsforsale.com - it could help you sell yours.

these aren't as bad as I was led to believe by the first reply. I like a few of them for sure. good luck.

frankiebits (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:01:01 AM

I'll sell you www.bitcoindomainsforsale.com - it could help you sell yours.

these aren't as bad as I was led to believe by the first reply. I like a few of them for sure. good luck.

bitcoinminingaccidents.com is hilarious
lacedwithkerosene

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 02:09:38 AM

thanks brocoin.
remember that Juvenile song, 'Back That Thing Up' ?  I would make that the slogan for backyourbits.com - "they call me big daddy, won't you back that thing up" and then a picture of a wallet or something.

e: just realized that was the censored version of that song. might be too subtle then.

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:39:36 AM

Option 1:
buygoodcars.net

Option 2:
buygoodcars.com

Were will you buy?

If I hadn't viewed either of them yet, the .com would always be the first site I check out.

If you type buygoodcars into your URL bar, does your browser check the .com first or the .net?

By the way, I think bitcoingild.com is the 'most embarrassing' one, only because I've never seen guild spelt like that before, and actual definitions of 'gild' don't seem to make sense.

lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:15:25 AM

you don't buy typo domain names because you don't know how to spell a word, you buy them because lots of other people don't know how to spell a word
Anonymous

July 18, 2011, 05:48:28 AM

realted

http://www.bitcoinrelated.com/

Cheesy
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 05:51:31 AM

Hehehe, I actually typed out a very similar reply and then decided not to post it Smiley Funny that someone else picked up on it too.

Anonymous

July 18, 2011, 05:59:33 AM

Hehehe, I actually typed out a very similar reply and then decided not to post it Smiley Funny that someone else picked up on it too.

Thats how you (t)roll

Anonymous

July 18, 2011, 06:03:21 AM

I actually have those domains btw if anyone wants to make an offer.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: