Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Tracking App help please  (Read 147 times)
madkeen (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:50:23 AM

Hello universe. I am now bald from pulling my hair out trying to solve this one, and if you can bring me sweet relief... I will buy you a beer when you are next in Brisbane, Australia. Ok, so I have spent countless hours trying to solve this and am drawing a blank. I have around 20 different coins trading and logged in my Coin Tracking account (paid Pro edition) since starting up about 6 weeks ago. My coin totals are all correct when I check them against what I actually have stored in wallets. So that's good. However my gain/loss is rather wrong. I have read extensively about this issue on forums and am stumped. I'll keep this simple and focus on the figures I'm getting on my Coin Tracking App.

I know I have definitely invested $25,000 and that has been entered as a series of progressive FIAT deposits. I have checked them and they are all logged. My 'COST' however in Coin Tracking reads as $23,135. Shouldn't this be $25,000?  Following on from this discrepancy, my 'CURRENT VALUE' is $22,145). So accordingly, I am getting a 'CURRENT CHANGE' figure of -4.28% -  but obviously this figure must be wrong if my 'COST' is also wrong? Correct?

Next question is - assuming my 'COST' has somehow gone wrong despite the fact I have input $25K of invested figure, where/how would I have likely gone astray?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Nakaba

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:10:26 AM

If you are only after the tracking of your altcoin you can use Blockfolio App in Playstore for free. Most altcoin traders use it. There are also similar app like Cryptoport but Block folio is my best choice because you can add multiple transaction if you buy in different price and you will see your gain and loss.
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:11:50 AM

You have to make absolutely sure that the app you are using functions correctly. If you are positive that your input is correct, then the app must be wrong. I'd like to second the Blockfolio recommendation, been using it for quite some time now and I haven't had any complaints.

itsv

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:17:17 AM

which app you are using? Most people usually pick Blockfolio or Delta - available for both android and ios devices. You can also use coinloop website to track your portfolio.
madkeen (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:19:30 AM

Thanks for the feedback so far. Guys I bought the program for $250 plus it is good apart from this issue, and I have invested COUNTLESS hours inputting my 300+ transactions so I'm reluctant to start all that again with a new App if I can avoid it. Still, never say never!  Two questions about Block Folio -

1) Does it have any automated imported import ability or is it all manual entries?
2) Does it output tax reporting?

I'm still very keen to hear form anyone experienced with Coin Tracking on my problem as explained. ta
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:34:05 AM

I have not used Coin Tracking, but have run across similar problems with other portfolio tracking apps.

Steps I would take:

1 - Ensure all your deposits and trades inputted are correct, for the correct amounts at the correct rates.
2 - Consider transfer fees being deducted from your deposits/transfers/withdrawals.
3 - Consider exchange fees being deducted from your trades.
4 - Consider conversion artifacts. For example, if you went from USD to BTC to XRB, but the app lists XRB value directly in USD, there could be a "fudge" factor in there.
5 - Consider dust. If you have made a lot of trades against a lot of coins, you will definitely have dust left over on some exchanges. (Dust is the fractions of a coin that are too low to spend or withdraw.) You will know yourself whether this is significant or not.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:41:09 AM

Go with the herd and pick blockfolio, it is a lot of useful features including a passcode lock which is surprisingly missing from a lot of altcoin portfolio apps. The other one to look at is coincap,, great to see a listing that looks like coin market cap, and also it can hold your portfolio as well.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:55:55 AM

Blockfolio is an option but not a solution to your confounding situation. You have been given a list of very concrete and concise options earlier, apart from that have you first tried to check in the app itself, the statistics chart and all the other charts detailing your transactions and the noted rates. This is a glitch that must be so simple and obvious as to bring on a smile and a kick, but one that i think you will be able to work out yourself.
madkeen (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

So folks, lots of people plugging Block Folio but as yet nobody telling me if this well-praised alternative tracking app achieves the following:
1) Does it have any automated imported import ability or is it all manual entries?
2) Does it output tax reporting?

Many thanks
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:30:23 PM

I highly suggest Delta! It's a good coin & token tracker. I also love its UI and design. It also has premium features.
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:36:32 PM

which app you are using? Most people usually pick Blockfolio or Delta - available for both android and ios devices. You can also use coinloop website to track your portfolio.

I am using both Blockfolio and Delta to track my Crypto Asset worth but I am not into getting into exact gain or loss. What I am after us just a plain Crypto Asset display and then that's it! If I'm gonna sell them off then I would know first what would be my estimated money that I could get with the current Market Value.
But the thread case is different, He does want to know those exact earnings or loss day by day...
I think it's too complicated but if ever someone could develop an application for you then all of us could use it as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: