Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:20:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions About Indian Crypto Exchanges: Indx & BitBns  (Read 280 times)
sgk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:30:39 AM

The background:
I came across a newly announced Indian crypto exchange: indx. They claim to be operational from next month and also claim to be KYC-less (hence anonymous) exchange. They're airdropping their own tokens called INDX coins to new registrants. But before registering on their site, I wanted to have a good look at how they're going to achieve what they claim to achieve, especially how they're going to manage a KYC-less policy when Indian government is going after all exchanges for regulations.

Anyway, whle going through their site, I was browsing through their FAQ and noticed that their FEES hyperlink actually takes you to BitBns.com!

(Click image for original size)

Does anybody know if these two exchanges have anything in common (or operated by same people, maybe?)

Also, what thoughts you guys have about their "KYC-less" policy?
remedcu

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:45:34 AM

Well, for an exchange to be KYC less right now in any country is risky, and they choosed the worst one to start their exchange with no KYC.
sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:36:07 PM

Well, for an exchange to be KYC less right now in any country is risky, and they choosed the worst one to start their exchange with no KYC.

Yeah, especially when there is so much pressure from Indian government on money laundering and KYC compliance, their move seems risky. Not to mention the ambiguity in "how" they're going to maintain privacy of the users when all the money transfer is through online banking process with linked bank accounts. <--- everything is PAN card or Aadhar card linked in that case in my opinion.

Also, their website doesn't look very professional. Also the links to another exchange's fees page as I mentioned above.

I will stay away from them as of now and take "wait and watch" approach.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:51:52 AM

Indx looks interesting but there is not much information about it over the internet. They are offering 1500 free tokens for registering but they ask for the mobile number in the registration form hence I am hesitant to go through and test it. Did you have any luck with it?

sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:39:58 PM

Indx looks interesting but there is not much information about it over the internet. They are offering 1500 free tokens for registering but they ask for the mobile number in the registration form hence I am hesitant to go through and test it. Did you have any luck with it?

I haven't registered with them yet (as I am still skeptical about their legitimacy; see my post above where their site is linking to another exchange's fee structure).
I am not interested in their token airdrop, so I'll just wait until I have more information about them. The launch is next month I guess.
Cryptic007

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:10:16 PM

I don't know about Indx, but Bitbns is a pretty cool exchange. Got my KYC verification done within a day. The exchange rates are almost equal as all other major exchanges. Not so sure about its wallet though. I bought some Ripples from Bitbns and transferred them to my Koinex account.
Crypton91

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:07:13 PM

Bitbns is a really good exchange to trade some cryptocurrencies like Ripple. Just transfer them later into a better wallet.
mihir

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:01:39 AM

I don't think it is possible to operate an exchange without being KYC complaint in India. With an excessive amount of black money circulating within the country, it will be pretty easy for them to invest and gain interest. Any exchange will have to be KYC compliant and have AML policy in place in order to report to government body if anything seems suspicious.
Remember, an exchange must only exchange the products between its customers, not a place to sell your own products. So, there must be a track record of where the particular crypto has come from and where is it going? Because few days back we saw a sample in which Income Tax department was asking for all the details regarding when you bought bitcoin, from which exchange and much more. Maybe, it was fake but the point is that at some point in time, government and Income Tax department will ask for the details as to impose Capital gain Tax.

Long story short, KYC is must in order for smooth flow of bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies in the Indian market and to avoid the illegitimate actions otherwise anybody can do anything for bitcoins and will easily sell it at Indx for fiat money. Also, scammers will pull off a heist in the name of ICO and have their money liquidated in no time because there is anonymity.
mihir

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:05:39 AM

Bitbns is a really good exchange to trade some cryptocurrencies like Ripple. Just transfer them later into a better wallet.
Trade in Bitbns and transfer your coins to Coindelta. This is what I generally do. Works super fine.
I don't know about Indx, but Bitbns is a pretty cool exchange. Got my KYC verification done within a day. The exchange rates are almost equal as all other major exchanges. Not so sure about its wallet though. I bought some Ripples from Bitbns and transferred them to my Koinex account.

I get what you're doing but don't you think it will look a bit convincing it you'll slightly change the names of your newly-made account for promoting or in simple word spamming.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:14:21 AM

Trade in Bitbns and transfer your coins to Coindelta. This is what I generally do. Works super fine.

I get what you're doing but don't you think it will look a bit convincing it you'll slightly change the names of your newly-made account for promoting or in simple word spamming.

Grin Grin Cheesy
Likely a single guy behind all these accounts. Not so sharp either. Could be someone old from the forum itself but then again how can they be this dumb? lol

As far as a KYC-less exchange goes. I wonder if an exchange operated purely at the crypto stage - say something like Binance or Shapeshift would they still need to be KYC compliant. Because then, no INR ⇄ Crypto exchange is taking place.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:13:59 PM

You're right. Not only all three accounts were registered at almost same time, they also posted in almost same topics (checked their post history).

And they're shilling the same exchange on this thread. I advice to ignore their advice and stick to our own judgment.
sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:16:02 PM

...we saw a sample in which Income Tax department was asking for all the details regarding when you bought bitcoin, from which exchange and much more. Maybe, it was fake but ....

I also saw the letter where gov had asked these details, but I don't know if it was fake or real. Do you have any further info suggesting it was fake (or real)? I'd just like to know more if possible.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:45:56 PM

...we saw a sample in which Income Tax department was asking for all the details regarding when you bought bitcoin, from which exchange and much more. Maybe, it was fake but ....

I also saw the letter where gov had asked these details, but I don't know if it was fake or real. Do you have any further info suggesting it was fake (or real)? I'd just like to know more if possible.

I can confirm it was real. And it was aptly dealt with by the so called traders. Most have claimed all the "capital gains" were hacked. Which is true in my case, partially. I lost most in hacks and the rest cuz of stupidity and what remained were used to pay off debts.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
indxcoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:37:34 AM

The background:
I came across a newly announced Indian crypto exchange: indx. They claim to be operational from next month and also claim to be KYC-less (hence anonymous) exchange. They're airdropping their own tokens called INDX coins to new registrants. But before registering on their site, I wanted to have a good look at how they're going to achieve what they claim to achieve, especially how they're going to manage a KYC-less policy when Indian government is going after all exchanges for regulations.

Anyway, whle going through their site, I was browsing through their FAQ and noticed that their FEES hyperlink actually takes you to BitBns.com!

https://i.imgur.com/Loiw7FL.png

Does anybody know if these two exchanges have anything in common (or operated by same people, maybe?)

https://i.imgur.com/NypXxuu.png

If you understand what i am talking about! please stop defaming other exchanges by these tricks Smiley we have our AML Policy mentioned here https://indx.exchange/aml-policy for your information.
deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:21:33 AM

I am also accompanying you in this matter as i am also not able to trust them so early because i am not getting much information about them yet, neither through internet nor through anyone else .

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
CryptoChartIndex

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:31:27 PM

Bitbns Exchange is now listed on CryptoChartIndex , Now you can get all information regarding Bitbns Exchange on CryptoChartIndex!
Leo Cortes

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:26:42 AM

Placing in the top sheet ICO RETING

Here are collected ICO which are only gaining momentum

https://www.icorating.info/

sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:13:47 PM

The background:

If you understand what i am talking about! please stop defaming other exchanges by these tricks Smiley we have our AML Policy mentioned here https://indx.exchange/aml-policy for your information.

What are you trying to say? The image you shared is homepage of Bitbns. What does that have to do with my original question? It does not change the fact that your fees page was hyperlinked to Bitbns.
panovaba

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:51:22 AM

This link https://indx.exchange/aml-policy is not functional . That means its a fake site. These type of sites collect email ids and passwords from users and sell it in dark net for money. I suggest everyone to stay away from these type of sites.
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:16:41 PM

can anyone tell what is the latest news of bitbns.....are btc trading with fiat currency going on or it has also stopped
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: