Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2024, 04:55:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SluiceBit.com IS A SCAM, This Scrypt FPGA does not exist!!!  (Read 4134 times)
Jdtmp4 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:58:32 PM

Hi,

Some of you may have seen SluiceBit.com an apparent scrypt based fpga company. Well after careful analysis of their website, video and other clues Ive personally decided this is a clear scam. To make some points publicly known and ask for other's citation I would like to list these below.

Technical Points:
1) The prototype looks like a dev board - Components that have little to do with a possible scrypt implementation - i.e. various misc connectors and multiple usb ports etc. Even the serial port area looks like it has a VGA connector on board.  If this is your prototype board why would you have all the extra stuff on it?

2) The FPGA does not look like it is supported by any external RAM - none to be seen on board. Are we to assume that they are using the on chip (blockram, etc) memory resources? Seems unfeasible for the high hash rate claimed.

3) An Altera chip being used with an OMAP processor - looks like a cyclone part, the neither are clear. Assuming the hashing algorithm is using internal blockram on the FPGA (see above), you are not going to achieve 4MH/s out of 8-16 chips (that would be 500-250 KH/s per FPGA - unlikely using blockram on a low/midrange part).

4) States they are going to use 8-16 FPGA chips per device - if you have proofed your hardware, you will know exactly what the hashrate per chip will be. Major concerns here - even if the hardware is hashing in the video, surely you know the hashrate unless this was just a proof of concept and you are no where near ready for production.

5) Price is on the low side. 4MH/s for $4500 = $1.5 per KH/s which seems too good to be true. We all know a scrypt fpga will be pricey but gains to be made on power saving. This clearly voids that logic and meets the general aim of around $1.5 per KH/s…. this is not real.

Not so technical points -
1) Shoddy video - no professional company in their right mind are going to release such a low quality video
2) Shabby website - grammatical/spelling errors, general poor presentation.  They state that they have spent tens of thousands of dollars in the past - evidently not on this occasion. Where has the money gone unless they were paying themselves
3) You are not the worlds first FPGA miner. Plenty of unreleased implementations from the likes of koolio, jasinlee and not to mention kramble and co with his opensource project - actual demonstrable and operational code there.

I call bullshit!

**Multiple people have called out similar points on their YouTube videos, however every negative comment is being deleted by the author…. ADDS MORE SUSPICION"
hope2907

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:22:33 AM

if they have already working device why does it take them 6 month to deliver it
assume that they need time to take pre order for lower produce cost but almost 6 month , and video show noting
RChevalier

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:13:37 AM

Thank you for that amazing observation Capt. Obvious.

Anyone with more than two brain cells not fighting each other for survival figured that out quickly.

~BCX~

Thank you for that amazing sarcasm Capt. Douche.

Anyone with more than two ounces of decency would have just said thanks for the heads up or at most move on quietly.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:42:25 AM

well i think you made a fair and thorough analysis, of course we all want a scrypt FGPA, but we must try and keep a clear heard to not get scammed Smiley
alexout

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:19:44 AM

Thanks for this post. I was looking into them just now myself.

BitcoinExpress is an idiot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: