Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:51:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your Bitcoin "Normal" price???
Above $15K - 14 (35%)
$14K - $15K - 3 (7.5%)
$13K - $14K - 0 (0%)
$12K - $13K - 1 (2.5%)
$11K - $12K - 3 (7.5%)
$10K - $11K - 8 (20%)
$9K - $10K - 7 (17.5%)
$8K - $9K - 1 (2.5%)
Below $8K - 3 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your Bitcoin "Normal" price???  (Read 473 times)
Bitophile (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:03:51 PM

This strategy is flawed. Your strategy may be effective now but how about in the future, another target "normal" price? What if your "normal" price was just a history now? Then you won't buy more?

The basis for your strategy should be based from the percentage of drop in Bitcoin's price. Percentile pattern are always close to each other, IMO. Very much reliable that instantiating "normal" price.

Agreed. This would all me irrelevant in a matter of months (may be even weeks). Was trying to get the current opinion, not for future reference. If there are a lot of votes now, it would be fun to look back after a few years.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:28:18 PM

Normal meaning realistic or normal meaning where it should be now in my opinion?
Realistically it should be going up at least $100 a month. If we disregard the rush in December it should be somewhere around $6000 right now. This would be a healthy rise if it went from 5 to 6 thousand between November and March.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:00:32 PM

Don't care about the value of bitcoin in US $, because if you're doing trades from crypto to crypto, USD should be of your least concern. I remember the trades where I bought a so and so coin at like 0.1$ and all of a sudden it is 0.5$ but I'm in a loss because my base was bitcoin and not fiat. If you're doing fiat trades, then the price is not fixed or normal, because most of us started during the early times and we are still in a huge gain. Doesn't matter if you get a small loss.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:03:23 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 09:17:32 PM by Aleister Crowley

there is no restriction on my normal price think brought 14k it is a low price ,, i have analyzed and appears the numbers that will be created in this year the lowest price up to the 35k range (if it happens and the highest price range is 68k I think, , as this is the point where bitcoin begins to fall and will explode in the middle of this year and maybe the price increase will be very striking
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:23:26 PM

There is no such thing as the normal or standard price of BTC.
If this post was written 2 years ago when the price was less than $1000 then you would assume that we may never see prices above $10k.
Because a price that high was simply unthinkable at that point - now when we know that bitcoin can go as high as $20k+ you are basing your opinion on that.

Price of bitcoin is totally fluid and the market will shape it at will according to supply & demand law.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:44:31 PM

I think my normal price until the end of the year 2018 it will go up for 30k.Its hard to speculate the exact price of bitcoin but no matter what happen I will still hold my coins and waiting for the increasing.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:48:35 PM

There is no such thing as the normal or standard price of BTC.

I understand that the title of this thread is a bit misleading, but it perfectly demonstrates how people ignore the OP and just talk about how there isn't a normal price, etc.

Quoting the main part of OP.

Every one has a price in which they tend to buy Bitcoin. For me personally it is 12 K, if I see Bitcoin below that and have money I see it as a oppurtunity to buy. Though this is not backed by any research, this drives my strategy.

In other words, what is the price that you would start to consider buying at? Obviously, it's all based on the phases this market goes through, which basically means that while you may consider to not buy at current levels, or the levels below that, you may do so at a later point if have more confidence in the market for example. In that case you can choose to stay in fiat instead of aiming at a target price.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1666

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:18:48 PM

For me, if bitcoin somewhat reaches $10K, then I'm absolutely OK with that and I find it the normal or the true value of bitcoin in my opinion.

I don't like bitcoin being pushes to a certain levels and then crashes again because it bubbled. I would rather see the price moving in a normal and not so being pump like what we have seen last December.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:44:44 PM

To me the normal price is $400, because I watched it around there for like years. I dont know what these new crazy high prices are.

60659 📦
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:18:07 AM

Since bitcoin has already reached an all time high of 20,000$+ and based on other experts’ predictions, i believe that bitcoin’s normal price will be above 15,000$. Let’s just wait and see how things will unfold in the future of bitcoin.

usam_coiner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:47:57 PM

Since bitcoin has already reached an all time high of 20,000$+ and based on other experts’ predictions, i believe that bitcoin’s normal price will be above 15,000$. Let’s just wait and see how things will unfold in the future of bitcoin.
yeah same here bitcoin normal prices for me are roundly equal to 15k almost this price is affordable for all, and people can also gain higher profit from that and for those who invested at 20k they all need prices to stay above 25k or more,
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:44:13 AM

Bitcoin has the capacity to get to $1,000,000 if bitcoin has the ability to move upward above  $15,000 and I have seen that bitcoin should not stay below  $15,000. I think from the next quarter of the year we should see bitcoin moving in a very high momentum.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

Bitcoin has the capacity to get to $1,000,000 if bitcoin has the ability to move upward above  $15,000 and I have seen that bitcoin should not stay below  $15,000. I think from the next quarter of the year we should see bitcoin moving in a very high momentum.
A great demand will be needed so that thing could happen soon, that is why we need to support each others hand don't let someone not to do this thing, don't be too selfish, as we need each other to support and to encourage people for us to have a good price which will make us all rich people.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:50:52 PM
Merited by 1Referee (1)

I typically use the 200 day moving average to see where we are at. If we are below it, we are oversold, if we are above it, we may be overbought, of course this has certain margins which you can follow, some apply fibonacci retracements on 200 day moving averages to create models.

I like a model called the "mayer multiplier" that Trace Mayer uses to estimate periods of over or undersales. I think it's pretty accurate given past performance.

Personally I think $6k was it and we are going higher. The market is just now trying to deal with this fact, still in delusion about getting lower. This is the scenario that creates further FOMOs out of nowhere. Everyone is paranoid about each other.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:08:31 PM

Personally I think $6k was it and we are going higher.

It should be it. If not, it would break through a pattern where the market in recent years never has dipped below the previous bottom. Based on that, anything below $7000 at that moment was an instant blind-yolo buy for me. I just knew that the pattern would remain unharmed, which indicates that it wasn't only me adding serious value to that fact. I however don't yet expect the $10,000 level to be a safe haven level yet, especially not with how thin and unwilling the market is to support what usually would be considered a base support level. In other words, bottom has been set in stone, but the market is not yet ready for another push, at least not beyond the $12,000 level yet. It will likely take an attempt or two/three to actually comfortably break it.
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:24:24 PM

For this moment 10000$ level is good support level but market need more deeper corrections before coming back with impuls like pullback. Market is choppy and traders are looking for small gains. Normal price  for me is 15000$ under current statements.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:10:24 PM

Personally I think $6k was it and we are going higher.

It should be it. If not, it would break through a pattern where the market in recent years never has dipped below the previous bottom. Based on that, anything below $7000 at that moment was an instant blind-yolo buy for me. I just knew that the pattern would remain unharmed, which indicates that it wasn't only me adding serious value to that fact. I however don't yet expect the $10,000 level to be a safe haven level yet, especially not with how thin and unwilling the market is to support what usually would be considered a base support level. In other words, bottom has been set in stone, but the market is not yet ready for another push, at least not beyond the $12,000 level yet. It will likely take an attempt or two/three to actually comfortably break it.

Some analyists like Tone Vays which have tons of followers on youtube, went as bearish as claiming $1300 was a possibility and we may hit that before we skyrocket again. At that moment was when I realized people was going out of their mind and losing sight, therefore I became bullish, since it was clear we were starting the "despair" phase as seen in the classic "bubble anatomy chart", ending at $5900.

Ideally we should spend a couple of week if not months at the lower $10,000 area. We don't want a step climb to ATH like last time. We went from $5555 in November 11th to $19,666 in December 17th, so basically a month + 7 days. A smooth climb of at least 3 months to get to a new ATH would be safer, and then once we hit the ATH, all the idiots that thought Bitcoin was dead will once again get exposed, creating parabolic FOMO to god knows were. Anywhere from $50,000 to $100k it's possible.
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:52:12 PM

for me 12k is normal price. I think in this month bitcoin will reach 12k, I am not hope bitcoin will reach 20k for me 12k is enough for now but bitcoin is always unpredictable, no problem if bitcoin price slowly to increase as long as the price does not drop significantly as before.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:33:42 AM

Every one has a price in which they tend to buy Bitcoin. For me personally it is 12 K, if I see Bitcoin below that and have money I see it as a oppurtunity to buy. Though this is not backed by any research, this drives my strategy.

I thought if we could collect all such opinions, we could arrive at a price which everyone thinks as normal. Because if you think about it, all pur personal opinions of Bitcoin increase or decrease the price (Barring instance of manipulations by whales  Angry which we can't do anything about)
If you feel comfortable buying bitcoin at less than 12k then keep doing it, it is a bargain and while many could think that as expensive they are not going to think that when bitcoin reaches an amount way bigger than that, however you are never going to be able to reach a consensus about a good price to buy, everyone has their own standards and reasons to prefer to buy below a certain price.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:41:00 AM

My vote is just the same with the majority who voted that bitcoin's normal price is above 15K USD. I am quite sure it's where the normal price of bitcoin falls because it already reaches 20K USD last year.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: