Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any tips or suggestions for those who lost many coins?  (Read 370 times)
bitfornewbs (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:53:35 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.
There are many investors who invest in cryptos without proper knowledge how the market works. Most of them got really excited and invest because of they think that they'll get rich instantly( Mostly because of the ads all over the internet ). I think it is better if we all gain proper knowledge first before going to invest as it is very vital. We can't really blame others for selling their coins because there's a lot of people who are spreading bad news about the market which makes it really hard for those investors to be confident with their holdings.

chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:28:28 PM

First, investing in crypto include risk (those who cant take the risk, cant earn it). That's what I always think.
second, before investing to anything you should know how it works, and learn how to use it (invest what you can afford to lost)
third, Proper Knowledge
Last, Faith on it.

camito

Activity: 301
Merit: 3

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

PATIENCE and FAITH. Have patience if you want to earn profit. Panic selling can only lead to lose. If you want to earn profit, be patient enough to wait for bitcoins price to rise and reach your target profit. Also have faith in bitcoin. If you have faith and believe that bitcoin will pump back after a dump, then you'll stop panicking and just keep on holding your BTCs until it rise up the way we wanted it to be and surely we'll enjoy profits we'll gain from this rise.

───[  DAEFROM  ]───
─────────────[  Stable PoW Platform Based On Ethash Protocol With Its Own Features ]─────────────
───[  DAEFROM.COM  ]──
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:14:34 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 03:32:12 PM by krishnapramod

Bitcoin had one hell of a ride last year and anyone might have been tempted to invest, it was like the ride would last forever, and newbies who were cutting their losses invested on something because of FOMO, neither technology nor rationale obviously missed to notice that between parabolic uptrends, Bitcoin has gone through some major downswings, be it 2011 or 2013 or this year, but with each uptrend and downswing there is a point where Bitcoin stabilizes than the last one and if a newbie invests on uptrend without having any idea about the following downtrend and next stabilization point, I guess who to blame?

Bitcoin solved the Byzantine General’s problem and at that time its prize was zero, but value proposition was there from that point on. So basically what Bitcoin is today is because that value proportion is gradually expanding. So I guess the advice would be to grasp the zero price value proposition (where you can put the price what you are expecting and value is technologically driven, 9 years, developments, forthcoming implementations) rather than exponentially rising your emotions and then panicking.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:18:33 PM

if a person is emotionally unstable he or she in any case will lose more money, and the best thing for them is to handle their investment to a person who is stable emotionally because when emotions interact with trade than it is a huge problem.
kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:28:04 PM

I think it's wrong because I made my tokens for sale at a cheap price so much I'm sorry about it so next time it will happen again.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:37:33 PM

I heard that during that last dip of bitcoin ( 7k$ ) and other alts, many bitcoin investor lost so much because of panic selling thinking that they should cut their losses. Some wants to start over again with the money they got but I heard that some became really depressed and are now emotionally unstable. ( Not all ).

Any suggestion/good tips for them? Also, what we should do to handle these kinds of situations?
I am not currently an investor but I am looking to put some amount for bitcoin and hold it.

Panic selling is really common which make the prices go deeper amd deeper. For people who can not control their emotions i suggest to stop trading and just invest if they still have the gits to do it then they need to stick to their plan to hold it for long term. What happened recently always happen each year so the only suggestion i could give is check the chart history and learn from the mistakes that they have made.

Long term investors had been telling people that bitcoin prices will recover and as of now it is happening. If they have just listened.
evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

For those who have lost their coins, i suggest that you to have be calm and don`t panic sell. Remember this is an investment don`t expect to much that the charts will go up all the time. Weather you like it or not the price will decrease/increase everytime. So you should have to hold your coins until the price will grow up.

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:53:32 PM

A very obvoius solution against panic selling is not to panic.
You can reach that if you don't invest more money than you are willing to lose.
Another thing that keeps the selling impulse under controle is experience. That is why especially newbies suffer under the panic selling syndrome.
With time people get used to the fact that charts sometimes go down in a rush.
And then, you need to make profit on the way. Sell small amounts on the way up. The knowledge that you  have already made a lifftle profit can keep you calm.

It's me!!!
meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

Don't go all in, invest an amount which you are ready to lose. And when the chips are down, you don't sell but hodl. People say "I lost money because I sold in panic". Well you don't sell when you are panicking, you just sit still. It is still the best piece of advice, if you can learn it and accept it.

EmmanCryp

Activity: 471

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:12:47 PM

I heard that during that last dip of bitcoin ( 7k$ ) and other alts, many bitcoin investor lost so much because of panic selling thinking that they should cut their losses. Some wants to start over again with the money they got but I heard that some became really depressed and are now emotionally unstable. ( Not all ).

Any suggestion/good tips for them? Also, what we should do to handle these kinds of situations?
I am not currently an investor but I am looking to put some amount for bitcoin and hold it.

This type of people must be mostly new cryptos investors that got in during the market pump. As an old investor, the global market correction should not affect you much because this is not the first time such will happen and will definitely not be the last. All you need to do is hold on to your solid long term cryptos during the price correction because the market will recover as usual and go back to ATH

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:21:36 PM

For those who lost so many coins I think some withdrawn their coins already but for some who are at loss because of that recent dip, they mostly are holding their coins now because bitcoin is now trying to recover from that dip. Buy now and just hodl.

anatoliidedov1807@yandex.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:41:50 AM

I believe that you need to invest and act only through proven projects in order not to lose money.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:56:22 AM

From this lesson we know that panic selling won't give you any profit.
Bitcoin year by year has increased, why would you panic if the price just decreasing ?
Compare it with last year price, you know that the current price still higher.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:05:11 AM

As i am not a professional cryptocurrency adviser, i would say you should follow my advice. I would say, invest only what you can afford to loss. Then, invest and be on the crypto information high way. When you get a bad news about crypto, you can rush and sale early. If you are not early enough, just hold.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:13:36 AM

The price is hovering near that price range again and they could buy in again from the money they got for selling their last hodlings. If this was their first time in the bitcoin market then it was fair to panic but if they aren't new then they should have known that bitcoin is a highly volatile currency and they should always expect that the price could drop anytime.
heisenberg0000

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:39:30 AM

My tip would be this

1. take notes of the wrong things you did then try to avoid them next time
2. Create a strategy then stick to it. You need to be precise and resolved in sticking to your plan.
3. Dont fall in to fake news and FUD.
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:00:31 AM

for me the best way to tackle the problem for those who already suffered a lot of losses is to stop investing and holding what they already have in the long run because now the market situation is very unfavorable.

JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:11:05 AM

My main advice is not to panic and think about the situation calmly. To think about what mistakes were made. In the future not to repeat such errors and act prudently. No need to invest all your savings in bitcoin. This part of the investment should be no more than 30 percent of your capital.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:15:25 AM

For those who did not sell, they didnt lost any coins at all. But for those who sold during the dip, they lost their coins at they same time lost part of their investment basing on capital or how much they invested initially. The only way to go about fluctuations like these is hodl. If you atill have extra money during the dip then buy some more to averqge down the buy in for your initial investment. Selling is a no no especially if you're losing.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: