Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any tips or suggestions for those who lost many coins?  (Read 368 times)
Seriousbizz

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:11:40 PM

If you haven't sold your coins out of fear then you did not lose any coins really, you just need to hold and be patient like the rest of us, but if you have sold, make better choices next time.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 03:24:26 PM

We must understand that any loss is not the actual loss unless we take it, so if my portfolio is showing 30% loss then it doesn't mean that it is my realized loss. I strongly support research based investments irrespective of the market situation so if you are having your research to back your investment decision then there is no need to worry. If someone has liquidated his investment, then I would recommend him to do research before getting into next investment and sticking with the strategies even in the worst market situation. I am assuming that the person is going to take calculated risk while taking such decisions.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:34:37 PM

I heard that during that last dip of bitcoin ( 7k$ ) and other alts, many bitcoin investor lost so much because of panic selling thinking that they should cut their losses. Some wants to start over again with the money they got but I heard that some became really depressed and are now emotionally unstable. ( Not all ).

Any suggestion/good tips for them? Also, what we should do to handle these kinds of situations?
I am not currently an investor but I am looking to put some amount for bitcoin and hold it.
For those people who already lost a lot of money as well as coins, do not give up. There is always another chance to try again and give your best in order to be successful. Do not lose hope. Those people who strive hard and give their all are more likely to be more successful in the future.

Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 10:50:39 PM

I heard that during that last dip of bitcoin ( 7k$ ) and other alts, many bitcoin investor lost so much because of panic selling thinking that they should cut their losses. Some wants to start over again with the money they got but I heard that some became really depressed and are now emotionally unstable. ( Not all ).

Any suggestion/good tips for them? Also, what we should do to handle these kinds of situations?
I am not currently an investor but I am looking to put some amount for bitcoin and hold it.

Emotional problem, thats the hardest part when you invest into something, the ability to make decision. Most of them are thinking about "easy money" and just riding the hype. Investment is suppose to be profitable and I have my own rule with my investment " never sell to cut losses during a dip instead by more and sell if I hit my target mark." I dont care If I lose everything if it happens that Bitcoin will totally crash (I know its far from happening) since I am emotionally ready and I investment what I can afford to lose.  Just sharing how I handle my btc.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:54:32 PM

First thing that I would like to suggest is invest what they only afford to lose. This is why they are in panic and now in depression because they didn't invested what they afford to lose. Next, don't expect too much and don't be too greedy. The reason why they haven't cashed out earlier is that they are too greedy and is hopeful that bitcoin will skyrocket and will never get empty of fuel.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:14:36 PM

First thing that I would like to suggest is invest what they only afford to lose. This is why they are in panic and now in depression because they didn't invested what they afford to lose. Next, don't expect too much and don't be too greedy. The reason why they haven't cashed out earlier is that they are too greedy and is hopeful that bitcoin will skyrocket and will never get empty of fuel.
Yes it is important that we should only invest such amount of money in bitcoin that we can afford to lose, some time people says that they will sell their house for purchasing bitcoin, but to me i think that it is not a good  idea, we should not take such a big risk but should only invest such amount that we can afford and which do not create financial crises for us.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:35:07 PM

The first thing that an investor must do is to accept the fact that this industry is full of risks, scams and thieves that can make them lose all their investments if they somehow get to do something wrong. And accepting this fact would be easier if a person really does invest funds that he can afford to throw away or lose completely. This will enable someone to take more risks and be able to have greater rewards without ruining their lives when everything  goes down in this industry.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:14:10 PM

if you are able to scalp and make profits of 3-4% gains during the day from rise and falls of coins thats would be the best thing to cut your costs and decrease the loss.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
bitcolic

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:34:15 PM

always use stop-loss, never get a coin already pumped enough, watch market closely and enter if you see dip or near dip, never panic-sell, dont get a coin just someone else says its good always DYOR, read a few books that helps you to undersrand trading and work on TA .. always keep %50 BTC %50 alts, even %60 BTC %40 alts ..
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:04:41 PM

There are many people who lost their money on Bitcoin and decided to sell it. They later regreted it. Look at the Bitcoin price chart, corrections are something normal. This correction lasts quite a long time probably because of many news and FUD which is unnecessary. Bitcoin future is definitely bright. Lightning Network and SegWit will help us to make Bitcoin more wide known thanks to its capabilities. Transaction fees are really low, even lower than most of the altcoins' fees. My advice is that you should remain calm no matter what happens.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:08:41 PM

I also lost a lot of money because of this ridiculous panic. But now you just have to wait and buy something new
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:02:45 AM

Yes it is important that we should only invest such amount of money in bitcoin that we can afford to lose, some time people says that they will sell their house for purchasing bitcoin, but to me i think that it is not a good  idea, we should not take such a big risk but should only invest such amount that we can afford and which do not create financial crises for us.
Selling your property is not a good idea at all because you cannot live on rent forever and though bitcoin provides you great money but you never know when it is going to make your pocket heavy. It takes certain time span to return you what you expecting from it. Leaving your day job for crypto currency or bitcoin is bearable but selling house is too much. We need shelter forever, not just for a day or two.
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:08:10 AM

those weak hands should leave bitcoin talk at all.i have no sympathy to those panic seller that after what they did,is crying almost for death because of their own negligence,they dont belong here,they dont need tips instead they need to go for other part of life in which they dont have to panic when losing so no bitterness after.

mc.craigsvictor

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:30:36 AM

The only Suggestions for those who lost many coins is patience and hold your coin . because if you buy your coin in high price then its always risky well some new people come to market but they dont know properly about crypto market they just buy a coin when the price is moon and when price drops they sale at a loss . its a normal scenario i hope before we invest any coin at first make a proper research and then buy dont follow anyone.
Thira

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:15:47 AM

First off, what caused them to lose their profit? Panic selling. So, how do you fix this problem? Simply DON'T PANIC SELL. This is an investment. Don't expect the charts to go up and up forever, that's just stupid. Take in to consideration the risks of investing in a volatile market. Like it or not, the prices can crash down to 3 digits whether we like it or not. Don't be like those idiots that put all their live savings on crypto.

Yes I agree, because  some investors expect only the positive sides of their coins that they invest, they count numbers of days or months and their profits, but when time comes that value of the coins they invested  will drop down and their money left was not anymore the expected amount , automatic they start  to worry and afraid to loss almost everything in their investment, for that don't invest  big amount of money, invest only the amount of money that you can afford to risk or loss anytime, because this is just like business.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:30:38 AM

I don't think Hodl should be your strategy. Buy low sell high this is what you have to do and if you bought at ATH I don't think HODL is the best option. Cut the loses fastest you can and search for a good entry point when in the bear market. This is just not logical to watch how your money is gone day by day. I would not call it panic sell at all only cutting loses. For sure you don't want to wait with selling for ATL only sell when you are at the start of a bear market. I know this is hard to pinpoint but we had a lot signs that this crash will come. Even Bitcoin chart matches exactly the chart of big known bubbles.

Seriousbizz

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:04:28 AM

If you lost so many coins when the price went down and you panic sold then the only thing you can do is to learn from your mistakes and not let emotions dictate your investment strategies from now on.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:15:36 AM

i lose also like 0.9 btc in nano or xrb when they run a faucet this january to august 2017 but i'm only newbie in that time so i still try crypto and now i'm proud that i already earn a lot of money here so there always a chance i start here in forum to read different ideas from other users like when i invest in aion when they run a campaign here because i listen to their plan but still no assurance in that so better to prepare yourself always

Scarlet_Johanson

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:21:04 PM

I think now is the best time to buy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: