Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized exchanger or Decentralized exchanger?  (Read 411 times)
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

I like the idea of decentralised exchanges but for the moment they don't work well.  There are just too much coins on them and they work too slow.  Add to that that the volumes are often quite low and as a result they aren't been taken serious.  I hope that in the near future there will be good decentralised exchanges where you can trade freely.  They need to work on their user interfaces though.  I wonder how the comparison is between the two when it comes to security issues.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:04:40 PM

What do you prefer :

Centralized exchanger like Bittrex,Poloniex, Binance,Kucoin and others
Or
Decentralized exchanger like Etherdelta, Idex, cryptobridge, and others

In my opinion, decentralized exchanger like Etherdelta is very high fees and very slow site load. But, it is safe for trading because you traded peer-to-peer.
Centralized exchanger is high potential scam with Hacked reason

Give me your oppinion

*Sorry for bad English

Decentralisation is necessary but not in every field. I like centralised exchanges more because of good support and good trading experience. Decentralised exchanges can also be hacked for example Etherdelta has been hacked for many times. Also Blockchain can't handle many transactions like centralised ones.

Blah blah
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:12:42 PM

In my opinion, decentralized exchanges are much better than centralized because , they are the ones that control your private keys but in decentralized exchanges, its a peer to peer model.

Some set backs happening to decentralized exchanges are mostly not enough liquidity but certainly , it is the future I must say.

Centralised exchanges can come with different regulations and rules because they are the ones that control your private keys and that is risky I must say .

For now, we all use centralized because they have enough liquidity for now .

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:15:40 PM

What do you prefer :

Or

In my opinion, decentralized exchanger like Etherdelta is very high fees and very slow site load. But, it is safe for trading because you traded peer-to-peer.

Give me your oppinion

*Sorry for bad English

Definitely centralized exchange. I have used etherdelta in the past but their volume is way too low and it's little complicated to use it. If they can make user friendly interface I think people would lean towards decentralized much more.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:18:18 PM

No decentralised exchange has been hacked yet. Whereas pretty much all the centralised exchanges have experienced hacking apart from Kraken, Gemini and GDAX.

Users need to weigh up what is important to them - security or convenience and liquidity.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Spades77

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:20:43 PM

Looking at the posts, it probably all comes down to preferences. For me though, Decentralized seems to be a perfect fit for Crypto Currencies. Why? As I understand it, it gives control of trading to the users which gives more flexibility in terms of investing and trading. It's also virtually impossible for it to be manipulated by taxation.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:26:31 PM

Personally, i prefer centralised for now i would have gone for decentralized but they aren't reliable exchange ed fotr an example different attack on it the new ones are so crappy.
kaspabha

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:05:06 PM

Decentralized exchanges has more security. We have the control of private key in decentralized exchanges. But they are not user friendly and has low volume. I think user friendliness of decentralized exchanges need to be improved. Then this will be more popular among crypto traders.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:14:59 PM

Let's talk honestly. We have been living with a centralized system for many years, probably it's time to try to live decentralized, I'm for trying decentralization. After all, thanks to decentralization, we can still change the world for the better

Eddyc

Activity: 1015
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:29:18 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 02:20:59 PM by Eddyc

The idea of decentralization is very interesting and i completely support, for equality and cheap payments of almost zero rates, being able to vary from exchange to exchange, but it is an idea that still is much in the paper, we have many theories and explanations on, but in practice it still leaves to be desired, i believe that soon the market can be taken largely by decentralization. In relation to centralization, it has become an archaic system that needs to be analyzed and perhaps finalized, that is my opinion.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:37:28 PM

I prefer using DEX over centralized exchanges because DEX doesnt require and verification proces to be able to use the exchange while in centralized exchages you will need to pass yout IDs which is clearly opposing the decentralizaton of our community,satoshi created bitcoin he doesnt want people doing these centralized things,we are here to protect our privacy that is why i dont use these centralized exchanges.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Ali Akbar Torang

Activity: 381

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:43:22 PM

What do you prefer :

Or

Give me your oppinion

*Sorry for bad English

I don't see any major problem for each exchange ,but there is some minor things about which are more safer centralized or decentralized exchange, according to you, you are prefer decentralized exchanges but i don't think it is more safer than centralized since every things on the internet are not safe except we control what we trust.

ikicha (OP)

Activity: 788

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:42:38 AM

I prefer using DEX over centralized exchanges because DEX doesnt require and verification proces to be able to use the exchange while in centralized exchages you will need to pass yout IDs which is clearly opposing the decentralizaton of our community,satoshi created bitcoin he doesnt want people doing these centralized things,we are here to protect our privacy that is why i dont use these centralized exchanges.

And how about fees?
I trying to using etherdelta some time ago, and fees is very higher, about $7 per trade. This is insane brother.
And i have error in trade about 5 times, and take a lot of fees
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 03:10:35 AM

In my opinion both is good, i used both exchange decentralized and centralized. Even decentralized exchange also has risk to get hacked like Etherdelta last a few month. But for centralized exchange because we dont have full control with the private key make sure they has full regulation to keep the money safe and use all security feature.

blazingshockwave

Activity: 173

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:43:57 AM

What do you prefer :

Or

Give me your oppinion

*Sorry for bad English

I personally like decentralize exchange because you are in control of your own wallet. The only problem with decentralized exchange is it takes time to execute the order and not all altcoin are available in decentralized exchange one of the reason why we are forced to use a centralized exchange rather than a decentralized platform.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:34:58 AM

What do you prefer :

Or

Give me your oppinion

*Sorry for bad English

After rumors about the break-through of Etherdelta, I doubt the security of decentralized exchanges. In my opinion, you need to choose those exchanges where there is a large volume of trading and immediately withdraw the profit from there.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:52:14 AM

What do you prefer :

Or

Give me your oppinion

*Sorry for bad English

I am using Ehterdelta and Idex and being decentralized is one of the reason why i am utilizing these crypto exchange markets. As to exchange rate, Etherdelta really has  a high exchange rate but that is ok if you do big transactions.

Scallywag

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:02:14 AM

i think the future is in decentralized exchanges , but there are to many problems right now with it . but the best scenario would be decentralized or else we need heavily regulated centralized exchanges. but i think we won't see good decentralized exchanges in the near future.
ThachSanhTp

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:09:06 AM

Centralized exchanges are developed while Decentralized exchanges are developing
Most exchanges I am now using is Centralized (Bittrex, Binance) but I prefer DEX and I hope Decentralized exchanges will be more popular in a near future
PaPog

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:11:23 AM

I prefer Centralized exchanger like Bittrex,Poloniex, Binance,Kucoin,etc.

I already used Bittrex,Binance and kucoin so far.
Those 3 are good sample of good centralzied exchangers.
the price in their market are quite good too.
i sold my tokens from there.
if you say centralized exchanger's disadvantage about its fee,of course, there is fee when we want to sell or do a transaction, nothing is free in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: