Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:55:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ripple bad/corrupt?  (Read 350 times)
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:13:02 PM

So I invested in ripple a while ago before I really knew exactly what it was (I was just diversifying my portfolio) but after reading a bunch of stuff about ripple on the net about it being centralized and how they can hold your money etc. etc. It makes me want to sell all my ripple (For a good price of course). But I'm also thinking only believe half of what you read on the internet and these people could just be talking BS etc etc.

SO the point of me making this thread is basically starting a convo for all the reasons why ripple is a bad thing (borderline evil) at least that is how I see it right now. So if we can have a discussion about all the things that are good/bad about ripple I would love to hear everyone's feedback?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:18:59 PM

In fact, Ripple could be a good coin if it had not been centralized. I don't like XRP just because it's too centralized right now. It has excellent functionality and it is already being tested by many world banks! This is good, but it can not be called cryptocurrency now.... IMHO
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:24:33 PM

Ripple (XRP) is a centralized coin so it can be easily manipulated by the banks :/
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:25:51 PM

Ripple is not a bad coin and I believe it has a great future, currently its still cheap and in reach,I am planning to buy it in a bulk and save for the future.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

In fact, Ripple could be a good coin if it had not been centralized. I don't like XRP just because it's too centralized right now. It has excellent functionality and it is already being tested by many world banks! This is good, but it can not be called cryptocurrency now.... IMHO

If it wasn't this centralized banks would never use it.

Ripple is not a bad coin and I believe it has a great future, currently its still cheap and in reach,I am planning to buy it in a bulk and save for the future.

There is so many xrp, I can't consider this price cheap.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:32:40 PM

What is your expectation from ripple? I think it is just about profit and I don't think they will do anything which is against investors. Ripple is centralized but so far good investment.  Smiley

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:05:52 PM

Ripple is not bad nor corrupt, it is simply not a cryptocurrency at all. It is just a blockchain technology that lives on fake news and completely opaque investor´s. I would stay away.

AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:11:04 PM

On the one hand, the centralization of RPL contradicts the principles of blockchains. However, there was no precedent, in which centralization would have a negative impact on investments in RPL (or am I mistaken?). On the other hand, is it all the same whether there is centralization or not when you trade on a cryptoexchange? Moreover, RPL in this respect is a very profitable investment.
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:14:54 PM

There is a huge token supply on Ripple. Regulated banks are loving Ripple but i understand that its going to has a stable price cause of huge total token supply.
This will be similar to doge coin in future.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:10:51 PM

One reason is you cannot trust bankers. They manipulate the price and not let the price to go high. You can see it on the chart or the past history where many investors got rekt. One thing is for sure, this con will dump the moment bitcoin will be aggressive again. The bankers also use Ripple to accumulate bitcoin.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:14:41 PM

There's no chance of Ripple being corrupt because it is already been on the market since 2014 and it's impossible for the coin that they become corrupt and would become the 3rd strongest Cryptocurrency in the market.
I like Ripple and it's whole aspects of features and it's social community as well. Countries in middle east like Saudi Arabia and UAE are partnering Ripple for their financial innovation that is adapting Blockchain to provide solution for their financial securities and other aspects as well.

Nisansala

Activity: 384
Merit: 11

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:15:27 PM

Don't worry. Ripple is very great coin. Hold your coin until 2020. I'm pretty sure your you can earn lot profit from it.
There is 2 big news
~Coinsquare (Canadian Coinbase) adding Ripple selling pair in February. link - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada
~Ripple will be at Money20/20 Asia in Singapore this March. Event will be on March 13-15, 2018. link - https://asia.money2020.com/attending-companies

wanderloy

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:17:51 PM

One reason is you cannot trust bankers. They manipulate the price and not let the price to go high. You can see it on the chart or the past history where many investors got rekt. One thing is for sure, this con will dump the moment bitcoin will be aggressive again. The bankers also use Ripple to accumulate bitcoin.

I fully agree with the statement. Banking Industries are making more money than their investors and depositors hence it will lead them into more financial profits while leaving their depositors in debts.
Ripple can do a lot of things better than the banks that's why banking industries today were making long-term solutions in order to survive even Blockchain and Cryptocurrency are being adapted by the people.

wanderloy

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:22:57 PM

Don't worry. Ripple is very great coin. Hold your coin until 2020. I'm pretty sure your you can earn lot profit from it.
There is 2 big news
~Coinsquare (Canadian Coinbase) adding Ripple selling pair in February. link - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada
~Ripple will be at Money20/20 Asia in Singapore this March. Event will be on March 13-15, 2018. link - https://asia.money2020.com/attending-companies

Nice, I do hold my couple of thousands of Ripple until 2020 and even until 2030 as well.
It's one of my retirement platform that Cryptocurrency is one of the best things happened in my life that I am not too late on earning tokens since I became the member of this forum last year on 3rd quarter.
Ripple was being partnered with different entities like middle east countries and giant companies like Western Union.

Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:31:58 PM

Of course we already know that Ripple is a coin bankster not a mining coin. Bankster coins mean coins that are managed by humans anything managed by humans, they are very vulnerable to manipulation and tend to corrupt.
But i can't imagine how is it possible a big platform and famous like Ripple discriminating against its investors. I think this is a carelessness that can lead to a loss of confidence in the Ripple itself.
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:35:08 PM

one that is necessary for success is our belief, because we believe that it is very influential on all things, the most important thing we learn to appreciate and believe that success is in our hands.
jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:39:51 PM

Ripple itself is not corrupt (yet), but its centrality has a tendency to be manipulated.
I think in this short-term, XRP still a good choice to hodl.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:39:59 PM

In fact, Ripple could be a good coin if it had not been centralized.
Any coin can be a good coin if it promotes decentralization and does have people / team who are very transparent with it.
I don't like XRP just because it's too centralized right now. It has excellent functionality and it is already being tested by many world banks!
I like XRP's low fee and fast transfer but I hated it because of centralization too. But that's not how cryptocurrencies works, this is why it is invented to replace or not exactly replace but as an alternative for the banking system.
it is already being tested by many world banks! This is good, but it can not be called cryptocurrency now.... IMHO
Okay let's assume the banks are adopting XRP, so is there something new when banks start using XRP only and not other crypto's like bitcoin?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:00:06 PM

The ripple coin itself is very good for the banking system. It replaced the outdated SWIFT banking method, through which money was transferred through banks and is capable of transferring any sums of money to any point of the globe in a matter of seconds. However, this coin is fully controlled and centralized. In this way it differs from all other decentralized crypto-currencies. Its price can be regulated by certain persons by introducing into circulation additional mass of tokens, or their withdrawal from circulation.

Aresion

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

But that is just one of the characteristics of the Ripple. If people like it they will buy it.
If they buy and hold it the price will grow. And the banks will do something with the Ripple, be sure of that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: