Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blissz firmware ever coming back?  (Read 367 times)
clyjr (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:36:11 PM

Just curious if blissz has posted any news about the potential of releasing his firmwares again? 
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 05:21:56 PM

Why not just asking him/her ? Smiley Then you dont have to open a new topic for your question Wink
blissz profile is here , just use the " Send this member a personal message" and you are set Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
clyjr (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Why not just asking him/her ? Smiley Then you dont have to open a new topic for your question Wink
blissz profile is here , just use the " Send this member a personal message" and you are set Wink

trying not to be pushy, figured someone must have already asked blissz, plus I thought I saw him post requesting that people not PM him about the firmware...  Also, hopeful that maybe someone else would chime in if there are any other firmware similar to blissz that have been released.
BogBeast

Activity: 6
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:54:49 AM

Well I dm'd and got no response... I guess he/she has had many messages and chose to ignore or is ignoring newbies

So does anyone know if it is making its way back?
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:42:00 PM

no not just you, he ignored my dm too... its obvious he's happy with current situation where most of our miners are earning him on a regular basis and he wouldn't want to change that. but i think time has come for a cleaner alternative version without any dev fees. i wouldn't mind paying a licensing fee though..

Well I dm'd and got no response... I guess he/she has had many messages and chose to ignore or is ignoring newbies

So does anyone know if it is making its way back?
WinMar

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:19:55 PM

What is the fee for using the L3+ firmware?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:15:57 PM

If you go to the thread of the L3+ firmware, Blissz states under 'Important' that the software for the L3+ has a 1.5% devfee, otherwise everything is free with the firmware.

If you're looking for the software itself, downloads for it can still be found all over the place despite Blissz taking it off the forums. I found this download link to it on the subreddit r/litecoinmining and it appears to be legit, and I know many members here also have the file somewhere.
WinMar

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:12:43 PM

How is the fee collected? Does the software mine for him 10 minutes a day or something like that? The software seems pretty good so far.
BogBeast

Activity: 6
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

How is the fee collected? Does the software mine for him 10 minutes a day or something like that? The software seems pretty good so far.

You have a copy? where did you get it?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:57:42 PM

It's something like that, I assume that's how it works as the fee for other mining software and firmware (Claymore comes to mind) is collected in a similar fashion. It's definitely worth the 1.5% fee IMO, Blissz did a great job with his firmware and it's a true shame he hasn't done anything more since he took down his downloads. He'd be making more money if he made new software as well, and he does have a good reputation on the forums now... Perhaps it's just that he is satisfied with what he has earned through his firmware like what bclcjunkie said.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:32:53 AM

if you guys want to avoid blissz dev fee its easy just do tcpdump on the connection and find out which pools the firmware directs to. Once you do that modify /etc/hosts and repoint that to your own pool of choice. takes a while of work. Same thing can be done with claymore.
if you want to avoid all that messy work, just use stock firmware and tune each chain using following tools.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3546316.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3835841.0
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:01:46 AM

I wonder if the GPL license holders ever went after Bitmain like they went after blissz and drove him away?
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:33:53 AM

Just curious if blissz has posted any news about the potential of releasing his firmwares again? 

Not likely after his last posts from his threads.

WinMar

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:10:39 AM

@BogBeast
I don't know if it is legal to post the address of where I got the link. If you look around on the internet it has been posted on other sites.
WinMar

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:15:48 AM

@bclcjunkie

Those manual methods are a little risky as the interface is not as good as Blissz's. I hate to accidentally fry my antminer because of a typo.
WinMar

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:43:59 PM

Is there a no fee version of the L3+ I would like that. The thing is, I would gladly pay to buy the software if he decided to go that rout. I payed for multiple licences for Gen Tarkin's software. It was worth it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: