Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 05:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did You Just Invest In A SCAM?  (Read 148 times)
poppypoppy (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:54:07 PM

The title is a question that many people do not seem to ask themselves. It is a mistake that could make you bankrupt.

You don't want to invest in a coin thinking in the back of your head "Is this a certified coin"

"But it's on an exchange, so it must be legitimate". Do you really believe that? The cryptocurrency sector is still flourishing and there have been many times when exchanges, please do not name them in the comments, have been known to take your money and intentionally or by accident put up a scam coin into their exchange.

There is a solution.

It should only take you two seconds to find out whether a coin is safe to invest in for the short or long term.

I have just started a subreddit called /r/coinjudge where coins present their evidence and they are added to a database of scam coins. The website is listed on the subreddit and searching it, is as simple as using google.

Now It's only fair that I talk about the cons of coinjudge:

We are still new so most coins have been listed as undecided, if a lot of people submit coins, then more coins can be accepted or rejected based on evidence and unanimous decision.

There is a service out there already like us, it's called shamcoin. Where I think we differ, is that we will never ask you to buy our tokens. How can we fairly judge other coins, when we have our own. It's also a fact that the UI on our site is simpler to use. Some good coins have not been automatically added because I did not want to be bias. This is my fault as I refused to simply just add a coin because I heard someone say something good about it. If I have not researched it for more than a day, it will have the status of "undecided" on the website. If you can think of any more disadvantages, then comment below and I will answer your questions.

Coinjudge Will stop devious scammers from taking your money in ICOs, forks and exchanges. Exchanges will be added into the database in the near future.

Our goal is to be a firewall between scammers and your hard earned money.

Edit:

Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:12:42 PM

That's a good idea for newbies to avoid scammers. Most people are susceptible to scammers especially those that are just starting out. It's just that people take in too many data or information that's why they'll just invest or can easily be fooled.

blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:14:51 PM

Oh No, I really careful to invest. As long as I invest in ICO I put my  money in legit project. Crowdholding and Kick coin are the biggest. Howver I didn;t make much profit from those projects, may be next few months.
poppypoppy (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:17:18 PM

That's a good idea for newbies to avoid scammers. Most people are susceptible to scammers especially those that are just starting out. It's just that people take in too many data or information that's why they'll just invest or can easily be fooled.

Yeah, the site is also easy for newbies to use. Just type in the Market symbol or the name and you get a decision. If you have more time, and want more detail you then go to subreddit.

Really simple in my biased opinion haha.

Thanks for the feedback Smiley
mautenisis

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:25:27 PM

I like your idea i tried your website and put the coin bitconnect,and it says it is a scam and it looks accurate,so i suggest you put something like evidence information on how these coins are scams,for example, bitconnect ,few weeks ago it was shutdown due to cease and desist in u.s regulatory board and all of the investors lose their money.Something like that would add some more legitimacy in your review and add some source of the official article of the evidence.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
Samkol26

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:28:43 PM

This is a great idea and a life safer too. It will help to determine which is which and what to trust..  Nice work

poppypoppy (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:36:23 PM

I like your idea i tried your website and put the coin bitconnect,and it says it is a scam and it looks accurate,so i suggest you put something like evidence information on how these coins are scams,for example, bitconnect ,few weeks ago it was shutdown due to cease and desist in u.s regulatory board and all of the investors lose their money.Something like that would add some more legitimacy in your review and add some source of the official article of the evidence.

Hey thanks man,

It's really if you want to get a quick overview. If you check the subreddit. There is more reasoning on why it is a scam.

If you have reddit, you should post that under the BCC Cash is a scam post! I don't really want to steal your thunder haha
ajjracido

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:44:52 PM

im scam many times.....but now im very smart to chose....like BitX is good.
residivis

Activity: 443

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:53:43 PM

while there may be time I will ask for my money back because then the losses will be less, if it is too late then I just surrendered
perhaps by seeking capital from another altcoin that I also follow ico.
but to see a scam or not I think it is very difficult then do you have any suggestions to me to see the ico is a scam or not.
Realtoreel

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:57:21 PM

Thank good not happened to me but maybe its because i choose my projects well  Wink

But the idea rly sounds great especially for new people!

Keep up
poppypoppy (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:19:51 PM

while there may be time I will ask for my money back because then the losses will be less, if it is too late then I just surrendered
but to see a scam or not I think it is very difficult then do you have any suggestions to me to see the ico is a scam or not.

Some scams are easier to verify. At coinjudge, if a site claims to be a lending program where they lock in your funds for X amount of time, then they are a default scam. The others are thoroughly researched on a individual basis

If enough people can provide tangible evidence of a scam, and the owners cannot account for the evidence. Then they will be declared as a scam.

This is one method to seeing if an ICO is a scam, but there are many as each case is normally unique.

Thanks for reading
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:26:10 PM

The only thing I invested in all ICOs and Altcoins are my time and efforts because I am a Bounty hunter and will always do participate on new signature bounty campaigns as I can.
I feel pity on people who participated on ICOs and get scammed because they just want to get one thing, earn money out of investments but I'm blessed that I am holding huge amount of Crypto Assets today and I am happy that this week they're all surging to the sky.
If I had to invest on ICOs then I would probably spend more time on research on that ICO to avoid scam.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

your idea is great, it will be very helpful to avoid ico scam. because the scam ico is hard to predict, I myself also choose in gambling. because I only see from the project team, the content of the product, and the ico price that comes in with my mind. if this can solve the problem ico scam .then many will use the web. thank you for providing additional knowledge

Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:28:41 PM

Some scams are easier to verify. At coinjudge, if a site claims to be a lending program where they lock in your funds for X amount of time, then they are a default scam. The others are thoroughly researched on a individual basis
If enough people can provide tangible evidence of a scam, and the owners cannot account for the evidence. Then they will be declared as a scam.
This is one method to seeing if an ICO is a scam, but there are many as each case is normally unique.
Thanks for reading

Indeed, scammers are can be easily spotted if we're going to check the social community of every ICO because the social community could tell a lot of differences like active members of their Telegram channels, twitter retreats Facebook and other social media communities.
Scam ICOs aren't that much active members on their Telegram Channel and the Bots are too obvious.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: