Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete unmerited massages  (Read 396 times)
@rt27 (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:07:13 PM

Hello everyone

Due to the fact that without enough merit we couldn't rank up to Legendary in the future.
So, to avoid trash massages it is applicable to delete own unmerited massages or not.?

In simple logic if I'm not mistaken message without merit is not qualify to called it quality post.

In my own observation this forum system is full of meaningless discussion. Only few is meaningful.
Nothing is exempted. Everyone contributes useless massage.

Without any kinds of merit motives we know the fact that we have our own garbage.
But if you think this massage is helpful why not merit.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:11:05 PM

Not getting merit doesn't mean it's a bad post, there's not enough merits and people to go around rewarding every single high quality post with merit. I wouldn't delete them if they actually are useful.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:22:00 PM

Go for it, but it will kill your activity count. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
@rt27 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:35:27 PM

Thanks

I thought the most important now is merit not activity counts, coz activity doesn't help to rank up but the merit do.
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:52:40 PM

I thought the most important now is merit not activity counts, coz activity doesn't help to rank up but the merit do.
Merit is generally more difficult to obtain than activity, but you still need activity as well.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:53:22 PM

Thanks

Activity and merit are both necessary to level up.

I wouldn't delete my unmerited posts. You not getting merited for a post doesn't necessarily mean that it's worthless, maybe it was important to someone who didn't have any merits they could give. So unless you're blatantly spamming, don't delete your unmerited posts.

Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:43:18 PM

Don't fret about your unmerited posts which you think deserves one. It is really hard to get merited even though you put so much effort in making a good content to your posts especially when the thread you posted into, got flooded immediately by other replies, chances are, your post will get ignored by most of the members here in the forum unless there is someone that is really head-on about reading through the thread.

Thanks

Both are important as they are all requirements before you rank up.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 05:49:00 PM

Your activity count is the metric that triggers a possible increase in your rank.

Merit is the gate that shuts upranking to spammers and bad posters. You need to collect enough points to obtain a key to open the gate to the next rank.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
@rt27 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:04:59 PM

Your activity count is the metric that triggers a possible increase in your rank.

Merit is the gate that shuts upranking to spammers and bad posters. You need to collect enough points to obtain a key to open the gate to the next rank.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766177.0
Ranks and activity:

Brand New: 0 posts
Newbie: 1-29 activity
Jr. Member: 30-59 activity                            = 1.5 months
Member:   60-119 activity                           = 2.5 months
Full Member: 120-239 activity                         = 4.5 months
Sr. Member: 240-4monthsember                      = 8.5 months
Hero Member: 480 activity                           = 1.3 yrs
Legendary: Somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity  = 2 yrs

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
Rank   Required activity   Required merit
Brand new   0   0
Newbie   1   0
Jr Member   30   0
Member   60   10
Full Member   120   100
Sr. Member   240   250
Hero Member   480   500
Legendary   Random in the range 775-1030   1000

I understand the difference of old and new system. Rank up before was too easy seems effortless mostly to spammers. Now in order to rank up starting from member to Legendary, merit is required base on the rank. So, at the present with merit there are jr with greater than 60 activity but still jr some with the above ranks coz not obtaining the required numbers of merit. My point is there are more spammers now than before.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:13:36 PM

My point is there are more spammers now than before.

In time Merit system will do its job, just you wait. There is no need for Unmerit function, not yet.

Large number of those shitposters are here either because of account farming or because of signature campaigns. Account farming mostly drops out with new ranking system. Also I believe that in time sig. campaigns will start looking for members with higher Merit number. So those two things will bring down number of shitposters.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:02:21 AM

Just because a post hasn't been merited doesn't mean it's not relevant. Users which aren't sources are likely to be more hands off in handing out merits and will only give it to truly exceptional posts.  I agree that there should be an option for viewers of a thread to only see merited posts once we have a few hundred merit sources but, to delete unmerited posts would be unnecessary in my opinion.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:14:42 AM

Hello everyone

Due to the fact that without enough merit we couldn't rank up to Legendary in the future.
So, to avoid trash massages it is applicable to delete own unmerited massages or not.?

In simple logic if I'm not mistaken message without merit is not qualify to called it quality post.

In my own observation this forum system is full of meaningless discussion. Only few is meaningful.

Without any kinds of merit motives we know the fact that we have our own garbage.

I agree with Jet Cash and Darkstar_.

Also, mods are already doing their jobs in trashing useless threads.
Thinking that you are new, you probably haven't experienced it before. Activities and post counts are decreasing and many are fired up because of it.
Your suggestion will definitely go that way too.
There are so many threads about merits today since it was just implemented recently.
Merits are just trending nowadays, maybe if another set of rules will come up, it will be another reason for people to demand to just set everything the way it was used to be.

But I'll give you a thumbs up for trying  Wink
Learn more my friend.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:47:30 AM

Just because a post hasn't been merited doesn't mean it's not relevant. Users which aren't sources are likely to be more hands off in handing out merits and will only give it to truly exceptional posts.  I agree that there should be an option for viewers of a thread to only see merited posts once we have a few hundred merit sources but, to delete unmerited posts would be unnecessary in my opinion.

What Welsh said is true, deleting unmerited posts just for the reason that it was unnoticed and unrecognized does not mean that it is insignificant. There are a lot of posts in here that are overlooked but are truly sensible. It's just that threads get congested and you really have to say something new to get noticed nowadays. Remember, you would need both activity and merit to progress in this forum. Disregarding one aspect won't help you advance further. Just hang in there!
gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:59:06 AM

Hello everyone

Here is why you should not do it:

1) You make a post, someone quotes that post and gives a reply. Now you delete that post, making it look weird. If everyone starts doing this, we will see chaos here. Also, it is not justified for the members who took time to reply to your queries.

2) If you delete all merited messages and keep only posts with merits, it will look suspicious.

3) I know that there is lot of competition for merits but you need not affect your activity for that. If you learn from this and stop posting those meaningless post in future, it is more than sufficient.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

Thanks

That is not correct. If you got 10 merits for say 10 posts, you will not become a member. You will have to complete activity 60 to become a member from Jr. member.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:54:37 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 07:08:06 AM by BTCeminjas

1) You make a post, someone quotes that post and gives a reply. Now you delete that post, making it look weird. If everyone starts doing this, we will see chaos here. Also, it is not justified for the members who took time to reply to your queries.
Yes you're right besides that's not help you eve though you deleted post and you're activity will lose if you do that.
Just keep on posting and if you know that was deserving to have smerit and that's okay.

2.) If you delete all merited messages and keep only posts with merits, it will look suspicious.
I did not understand this question why you should delete all merited messages, if your thought that you will delete all unmerit post and remain the post with smerit then yes it might going you to ban i that way. No begging smerit just to earn maybe

3) I know that there is lot of competition for merits but you need not affect your activity for that. If you learn from this and stop posting those meaningless post in future, it is more than sufficient.
Yes just keep on posting in high quality post i think there's maybe a chance to have smerit just relax and take it easy. Grin Grin
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:18:02 AM

Everything was good but this last line ruined it all. You need not ask for a merit, if the message is actually helpful.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:17:44 AM

Those merited post will not been deleted because no one will give merit in the trash tread and trash post merit will be given to relevant, constructive and good quality post why you think merited post will be delete?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:15:56 AM

Everything was good but this last line ruined it all. You need not ask for a merit, if the message is actually helpful.

You shouldn't ask for merit, but even if a message is helpful it might not get merited currently. There currently isn't enough sources to distribute merits. theymos did suggest in the future there will be a few hundred sources though and that should more than cover all sections of the forum and more posts should then be merited.
@rt27 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:32:53 AM

You shouldn't ask for merit, but even if a message is helpful it might not get merited currently. There currently isn't enough sources to distribute merits. theymos did suggest in the future there will be a few hundred sources though and that should more than cover all sections of the forum and more posts should then be merited.

Ok, I got your point. Sorry
What if i will edit my post, is there a problem on that.?

As you can see I'm just on my way to learn on this forum. Rebuke is better than silence it shows you aren't selfish of your learnings. Anyways, thank you. I will bear in mind the new learnings of my mistake. Again thanks for being kind to correct my mistake.

Hope everyone seniors here will kindly rebuke anyone who did mistake to correct and improve the next and future discussion to each other.

Much appreciated. Again Sorry.
Best regard
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: