Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:44:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: noob question how to add an address?  (Read 142 times)
skrill79 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:42:31 PM

Hi guys

I already installed electrum, and it's up and running. But I created  another electrum wallet(only for mining purposes), and I would like to add it's receiving address to my wallet, how do we do that... Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:46:28 PM

So let me try and understand your situation here to better help you. You have two wallets and would like to add the "mining wallet's address" as a contact to your older existing wallet? If that's the case then Electrum allows adding contacts. You can do this by going to  Wallet > Contacts > New. Then to view all your added contacts you can see them by going to View > Show Contacts. By adding a contact to your wallet, you can directly choose to pay to that contact with ease and also view that address information on the block explorer without having to open your "mining wallet" if you want to view its balance like a watch-only mode.

If you're not intending to add your "mining wallet's address" as a contact, but instead just import that particular addresses private keys to your existing wallet, then you can try to "Sweep" the funds from the "Mining wallet" to your existing wallet. You can do this by going to Wallet > Private Keys > Sweep. What sweeping will do is, It'll empty your "mining wallets" funds and move them all over to your existing wallet, if that's what you want to do. This will create a new transaction and you'll incurr mining fee.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:30:45 PM

You can't do that since all the addresses in an electrum standard wallet are deterministically generated from the seed. Switch between wallets via file > recently open or file > open. You can also create a shortcut to a specific wallet file with the -w switch.
skrill79 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:52:10 PM

Thanks, friends

Yeah, sorry that I didnt explain it well - so we created a wallet, where me and my friends mine zcl, and then I created my own wallet, so I can transfer zcl from the common wallet to mine. And then I wanted to check the  balance of the common wallet, but did not know how to.

I guess I will go with the add contact solution, becuase I dont wanna empty the common wallet, as only a part of it is mine. Just knowing the balance at any given time will be great.

So thanks again to both of you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: