Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:15:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The KYC scam  (Read 688 times)
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:19:55 PM

KYC verification will lessen the chances of you being scammed by these ICOs,because legit ICOs today are requiring KYC for you to have an idea that you will morelikely receive that tokens you bought,because most of the scam ICOs today doesnt require any KYC verifications,I know that KYC verificatoin gives us risk of losing our identity but it is the best thing to do,for us to be sure that the ICO we are joining isnt a scam.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FOUAD1994

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:21:31 PM

this depends on the team behind the project , if they are serious about their project or not
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

I believe the projects are using KYC as a ploy to not payout after bounty hunters have already done the work.  I see more and more of these surprise KYC requirements after the work is done.  This is clearly being done to seize the funds of the bounty hunters who are not willing to give personal data to god knows who. 

Very clever trick. They are trying to use us then ask for requirements which go directly against the movement. 
Personally,
I don't think it's a scam.Simply because people nowadays are abusing the referral system by self-referring,using proxies VPN and such..
When asking for KYC,they assure that no one cheated in the bounty and making everyone getting his part of the cake.
There is no point in making referral bounty if 1 person gonna self-refer over and over.That won'tbring any value to the project.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:35:26 PM

I think you might be making a point here but let us still believe that the KYC requirement is a legal process. If it's a ploy we will all know in the nearest future but for now let us see what we can do to collect our bounty payment. We have worked for it and we need our rewards. Thanks

Exactly what i though, ussualy if that ICO want to do KYC he announce it from begining, but some ICO announce it when the presale almost over or even after the TGE over. So its just KYC doit so you can receive your token, for legal reason anyway. Will be plus point if the coin or token allready have market after you receive it just sell it.
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:44:45 PM

You are not right. I, too, am a bounty hunter and I think the passage of the normal KYC. It is right and helps keep track of scammers in companies bounty (mult account). I find it unfair that in most cases only investors go through KYC.
jarob44x

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:58:56 PM

Time will slowly eliminate the KYC.  With more and more projects coming out which ones do you want to put your money in?  The one with full background checks who show no respect for your personal privacy or the ones you can simply purchase.

There is simply no need for Crypto if we have to have full background checks and are treated like criminals.  We have the bankers for that. 

If there is a need to send passports and videos of ourselves then the crypto movement will die.  Make sure to get out of crypto and into fiat if you see the KYC gaining much more traction.  Crypto cannot compete with traditional banking if its not anonymous.  Very surprised at the lack of IQ of some of the board members who cannot see this.

gold1112

Activity: 196
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:09:55 PM

Know your customer (KYC) is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients.
Many countries want it because of regulations in crypto!
fatone

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:12:13 PM

Most of the crypto projects are dead if you require KYC.

Could you imagine if Monero had a KYC.

Amazing there are a few people here who think this is ok.  It seems like there is always a wave of human sheeple that hits all the positive movements that could help us free ourselves.  KYC being negative for crypto is so crystal clear and yet some of these sheep still don't understand.  I'm not sure if its due to their upbringing, location or general low intelligence but we need to stand against these perpetrators.

I also half think the supporters of KYC are govt agents posting here.  No free man would ever support this.

How many govt agencies have you sent your passports too?  Better yet did you do any video verification?  Knock knock.  
vodovozvodi

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:16:44 PM

Most of the crypto projects are dead if you require KYC.

Could you imagine if Monero had a KYC.

Amazing there are a few people here who think this is ok.  It seems like there is always a wave of human sheeple that hits all the positive movements that could help us free ourselves.  KYC being negative for crypto is so crystal clear and yet some of these sheep still don't understand.  I'm not sure if its due to their upbringing, location or general low intelligence but we need to stand against these perpetrators.

I also half think the supporters of KYC are govt agents posting here.  No free man would ever support this.

How many govt agencies have you sent your passports too?  Better yet did you do any video verification?  Knock knock.  
Agreed. But I'd like your idea about XMR with KYC. May be I offer such idea some new ICO's. It would be bomb.

Really KYC presence I understand but don't like. Tis fact in full kill cryptocurrency idea itself. Because it became as some bonus card or same

runningfast

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:17:50 PM

KYC verification will lessen the chances of you being scammed by these ICOs,because legit ICOs today are requiring KYC for you to have an idea that you will morelikely receive that tokens you bought,because most of the scam ICOs today doesnt require any KYC verifications,I know that KYC verificatoin gives us risk of losing our identity but it is the best thing to do,for us to be sure that the ICO we are joining isnt a scam.

Those whom sacrifice their freedom for security deserve neither.

Benjamin franklin

--   Anyone waiting for the government to save them truly is the lowest of the low.  It's people like this that let the tyrants run free.  This poor fool cannot make his own decisions and wants daddy government to protect him.  Such an odd human characteristic.
svobodnyi

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:20:55 PM

Why just scammers? It's just that laws are issued that oblige KYC for all ICO participants, including bounty participants, because they also receive tokens!

minivan

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:22:52 PM

And maybe it makes sense just to give your data and pick up your reward? How can the ICO team use it?
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:25:05 PM

The fact is that when you join such ICO companies as a signatory campaign participant, they do not write anything about KYC. People even ask them directly, they are silent. And only when the ICO ends, then they declare that everyone must claim the earned tokens, and for this they come up with a registration on their various sites, and multi-way. Poorly proficient in English it is simply impossible to go through all this and understand what they want. In the process, they require you to report various data about yourself. I myself have already faced this twice. Also, they come up with demand for earned tokens in their group of telegrams. For example, the Crycstal campaign demanded this to appeal to some Alex, but he was silent and ignored the requests. Therefore, many tokens have not been paid. All this can be considered fraud.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:26:31 PM

I believe the projects are using KYC as a ploy to not payout after bounty hunters have already done the work.  I see more and more of these surprise KYC requirements after the work is done.  This is clearly being done to seize the funds of the bounty hunters who are not willing to give personal data to god knows who. 

Very clever trick. They are trying to use us then ask for requirements which go directly against the movement. 
KYC verification is being followed by the new ICOs because there were users who are using multiple signups with these ICOs that is why today ICOs are choosing to have KYC to identity these abusers,and to abide the SEC's ban for the U.S citizen's of participating any of these ICOs,but it doesnt mean that these ICOs are scam,but personally i dont join these ICOs who has KYC because i dont want my IDs being exposed to any of my online secutity related activities.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:29:58 PM

I don't advise participate in ICOs with KYC because your personal data maybe ICO will be scam or something else/
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:32:58 PM

in my opinion these ICO can simply not be competent, they do not understand the legislation in the field of regulation of the crypto currency and therefore just in case hold the KYC
Hopewell12

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:34:48 PM

I half think some of these KYC projects are the government themselves collecting data.  What better way for .gov to crack down on problem citizens then to have a few .gov employees put together a project and then have all the lower intelligence crowd readily hand them the information.  Perfect way to make examples of people.  They will also capture most of the low IQ crypto members with no means of defense.  Big timers don't hand over documentation like this.

Bob's Repair wreaks of this to me.  Esp with the big endorsement from McAfee who you know is an insider.  With all the incredible projects out there why promote Bobs repair.  It makes no sense.  Anyone who sent their ID's into that one all I can say is LOL.  

Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:36:17 PM

I don't like that in bounty don't write in the beginning that need to pass KYC. I think it's wrong. It would be right to report this at the beginning of the company.
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:44:51 PM

ICOs with KYC verifications are just obeying the SEC's decision not to accept U.S citizens from their ICOs because they are prohibited from joining any of these,but it doesnt mean that these ICOs are scam,i know the risk of sending IDs to these ICOs but it will lessen the chance of being scammed by these ICOs because most of the successful ICOs today requries KYC verifications.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Machine Funk

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:46:07 PM

Only banks need your KYC. Giving your local bank your KYC is safe because you are protected by law and the bank must protect your personal info because if it ever leaks it will destroy their name. With ICO they are not a bank and no one is protected by any law. ICO are run by ordinary people and they do not need to know our info. Almost all of them are not even registered as a company, to begin with so you could be giving your personal info to a criminal.

All someone needs to do is make fake ICOs and start farming peoples personal info and stealing their identity,

It is all fine and well to give your person info online till one day you find out there are loans taken under your name and you are blacklisted because of it.

What if someone commits a serious crime under your name or extorts you?

Think people !! Protect your self and never give your identity to anyone especially online. If you cant meet the person or a representative face to face then stay away. Identity theft is a huge issue and criminals steal lots of money. Your identity is worth a lot of money.

Under what authority do they ask for KYC??
I want the KYC of the ICO members!!

Name and shame ICO that ask bounty hunters for KYC!!
Esspecially if the bounty has a surprise KYC at the end then label them as a scam.

So far I have found HADE network

Stay away from hade network they ask KYC after work only.

Let us please start a thread to name and shame KYC scammers.

I believe the projects are using KYC as a ploy to not payout after bounty hunters have already done the work.  I see more and more of these surprise KYC requirements after the work is done.  This is clearly being done to seize the funds of the bounty hunters who are not willing to give personal data to god knows who.  

ICOs with KYC verifications are just obeying the SEC's decision not to accept U.S citizens from their ICOs because they are prohibited from joining any of these,but it doesnt mean that these ICOs are scam,i know the risk of sending IDs to these ICOs but it will lessen the chance of being scammed by these ICOs because most of the successful ICOs today requries KYC verifications.

Bullshit. It is up to the indivedual to know what country they are from. If you are American you sign an agreement before you enter the bounty that clearly states you are aware that US citizens are not allowed. These places are not banks and have no legal bearing. They have no right to demand KYC from anyone.

KYC verification is being followed by the new ICOs because there were users who are using multiple signups with these ICOs that is why today ICOs are choosing to have KYC to identity these abusers,and to abide the SEC's ban for the U.S citizen's of participating any of these ICOs,but it doesnt mean that these ICOs are scam,but personally i dont join these ICOs who has KYC because i dont want my IDs being exposed to any of my online secutity related activities.

Absolute crap. That is just their excuse they use to justify themselves askinf  for KYC in the first place. Oh and multiple sign ups makes no difference becasue the same amount of work still needs to be done and I would rather have 1 person using 4 accounts making sense then 4 people with 1 account each writting absolute crap.

KYC is killing crypto and goes against what crypto stands for. We are here to rise against the banks and be in control of our own money. Giving your personal info out takes all that away and you may as well just use fiat then.

KYC=scam unless it is an actual organazation and has a phyical location and real people you can meet. Otherwise they can run at any time with no reprecussions.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: