Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:23:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulation of bitcoin: dream or Inevitable  (Read 456 times)
Kelvinid

Activity: 2758
Merit: 343

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:45:41 AM

Financial regulations are imposed by governments on businesses and financial institutions in order to manage a nation's financial system. Bitcoin is not governed by any central authority and is free from such influences.[1]

On the other hand, bitcoin needs exchange platform So the solution to regulate bitcoin is to regulate the exchanges. If that happens, then the big banks will open their doors, making life easier for exchanges and investors alike. The banks will win from this too, because they can stop customers drifting away to more daring competitors. [2]

which scenarios will occur? "More Regulation or More Decentralization"

I believe that soon all countries will begin to regulate bitcoin and other crypto-currencies. This can not be avoided because it has a huge impact on the world's financial turnover.   
As bitcoin continues to grow this would call the attention of the government and they will regulate it.
It would be easy for the small countries to regulate bitcoin if big countries have already started regulating it as they can easily copy
the regulation and will use it as a standard way to regulate bitcoin, I think this does not only apply with bitcoin but the entire cryptocurrency.
You have your point too.I think having this fact could mean regulation is now inevitable because whether we like it or not,bitcoin can soon be regulated by the officials in the government.I think it's a positive reaction since it will be easier for the investors and the exchangers to make transactions using bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creamy08

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:03:03 AM

For me both will be possible.If government and banks accept bitcoin,the people will be regulated by it and it can cause a centralized currency,because a third party is present on it.The more the regulation the more it can be centralized.
esa2782

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:26:14 AM

i think it is not impossible to regulate the decentralisation system, because decentralised system of crypto is only the opposite of centralised system, it is not "outlaw" so there should be a better system that can regulate decentralisation system, the government should find a formula to regulate this instead of against and try to erase the system, because it is proved to be effective and efficient and also could create more opportunity for people and business in general.
jeanne513lefe

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:38:19 AM

I agree with the ideas of regulation cuz too many illegal activities like cheating is occurring.
But I  think the regulation would not break the decentralisation system but increase the transparency. 
So, I guess the important thing is strike a balance between user privacy and  trading security.
And as long as no one can fully control the system directly or indirectly, the dentralisation system will still work.
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:42:22 AM

I think as the years go by there will be more of Regulation than Decentralizing especially when banks would agree to legalize cryptocurrencies. Of course at this time it is merely a dream because most banks are trying to find a way on how to go about these cryptocurrencies that have been emerging like mushrooms growing everywhere and people placing money in their bank accounts from these coins.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:00:47 AM

I think cryptocurrencies exchange platforms should be regulated and ico projects should also be regulated as this is the major area people are using to scam people. Investment is good if you are sure your fund is going to get back to you but many people has lose money through bitcoin and there is no one or regulation authorities to report to. Bitcoin has  one of the best technology and blockchain technology cannot be regulated and in reality its should not be regulated.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:20:34 AM

It seems that imposing regulations on cryptocurrency exchangers is inevitable. Many countries are already planning to impose their own kinds of regulations and at the same time puttjng a tax on every bitcoin transaction. Not all regulations are restrictive, but it's still depend on what country you are residing. Regulation can be also a protection from the illegal use of cryptocurrencies.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:35:59 AM

I think cryptocurrencies exchange platforms should be regulated and ico projects should also be regulated as this is the major area people are using to scam people. Investment is good if you are sure your fund is going to get back to you but many people has lose money through bitcoin and there is no one or regulation authorities to report to. Bitcoin has  one of the best technology and blockchain technology cannot be regulated and in reality its should not be regulated.
Yes this is true that's why the governments afraid of cryptocurrencies although it is not the main reason why they should fret.It is the services and other platforms that is scamming the people.They should be regulated not bitcoin and its technology.Bitcoins image is being negged by those people,governments should reconsider the regulations on crypto currencies.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:44:11 AM

Financial regulations are imposed by governments on businesses and financial institutions in order to manage a nation's financial system. Bitcoin is not governed by any central authority and is free from such influences.[1]

On the other hand, bitcoin needs exchange platform So the solution to regulate bitcoin is to regulate the exchanges. If that happens, then the big banks will open their doors, making life easier for exchanges and investors alike. The banks will win from this too, because they can stop customers drifting away to more daring competitors. [2]

I feel like this will end up in a fight between the banks and the people, but ultimately there are a few people who just can't understand how these cryptocurrencies work, so they'll just side with the bank. If we're to have this debate anytime soon (within the next 1-5 years probably), then it's likely that the answer would be "no regulation, more centralization" because the banks would definitely win in the short term. They have too much of a current standing with the general population, so it doesn't make sense that they would lose out to some technological development. However, into the future, when most people do know about it, it's possible that bitcoin becomes a regulated currency.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:54:25 AM

Regulating bitcoin is Inevitable although government will have a really hard time regulating bitcoin so it will gonna take some time too before it happens, in my point of view it will have a great effect in bitcoin for security and many others but bitcoin created decentralized and it is of the features of bitcoin that is interesting.

Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:54:39 AM

I think it would vary from country to country. It takes an international collaboration to regulate bitcoin itself. No single entity has jurisdictions over it. So the resulting regulations would vary country to country. I expect that 3rd world countries would be more lax on their laws, making it more "decentralized" and rich countries would have more regulations.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:57:06 AM

For me both will be possible.If government and banks accept bitcoin,the people will be regulated by it and it can cause a centralized currency,because a third party is present on it.The more the regulation the more it can be centralized.
Well but anyhow behind it.. most of the countries governments still thoughts it will disturb the country's financial system, and worried for a variety of certain reasons. But it's also possible.. in over time the most governments of each countries will insist to accepting if bitcoin is more directing to a more positively things that can advance the country and its citizens in economic life.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:35:50 AM

I think regulation on bitcoin or cryptocurrency in itself is very hard to implement because it us decentralized. All they could do is to regulate exchanges which i think would also bitcoin users will benefit because of frauds and hackings of exchanges lately. When the government will regulate those exchanges, their service to the bitcoin holder will greatly improve.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:47:28 AM

I think regulation on bitcoin or cryptocurrency in itself is very hard to implement because it us decentralized. All they could do is to regulate exchanges which i think would also bitcoin users will benefit because of frauds and hackings of exchanges lately. When the government will regulate those exchanges, their service to the bitcoin holder will greatly improve.
Yes it is not easy to regulate bitcoin by it self in local government of the country because as we know bitcoin is decentralized and no one person involved on this to be blamed about in bitcoin. So, implementing regulation on bitcoin that is impossible happen that's why some of the countries  they are banning bitcoin their because of that reason. And talking about government bank they push away bitcoin because bitcoin is their big competitor someday, if all people have bitcoin account who was go to in the bank and save their money of course no one can do that.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 09:04:34 AM

Without much argument I am sure that there will be more and more regulations in the future. Government or any financial institutes would want to acquire the blockchain but they are not acquiring it because there is not much regulations currently.

More decentralisation will reversely lead to desrtruction of national economy and thus making it weak one. That’s why it is in so ambiguous list and will take time to rebrand itself.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:04:45 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 10:01:11 AM by marcbitcoins

Regulation is inevitable because this is the only way for every country to become safe of using the Bitcoin and be benefits of using it thru Bitcoin tax. As of now many countries are now adopting Bitcoin and the numbers keep on increasing because of the positive outcome by most of the countries that legalized it in which the central banks will now fully support and will not be threaten anymore of Bitcoin existence in their country.
CaptainLorca

Activity: 264
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:09:57 AM

I think in order to making BTC more valuable to everything and usable and interesting for everyone it should be more regulated. But the banks can't do it. Its regulating on the decentralization. As long as cryptos are handled like shares, it will be mostly an exchange object.

The banks just don't like they have no hand over it and missing out winnings from it. Its most likely that governments (probably in combination of banks) will drop their own crypto.

◣   Stake.com   ◥
«  Stake 2 - Play Smarter  »
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:11:43 PM

That is quite easy to say but it look like a dream. The European countries still get some perks over being more oriented towards development and coping up quickly with the market trends. But situation is hundred and eighty degrees to what we are facing here in third world counters. We are hopeful for the good days when we would be easily accessible to bitcoins in official terms.
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:28:50 PM

I think that regulation is something that is inevitable and more and more countries will decide to regulate Bitcoin in some way. But I don't think that regulation is equal to centralization. Bitcoin can be regulated and decentralized at the same time.
Regulation means seting some rules how Bitcoin should be treated, what is legal and what isn't, how it should be fitted into financial framework.
I think that regulation could strengthen Bitcoin and help it to be more accepted, we don't have to be afraid of that.
Every time a certain system or technology becomes popular, It seems that the government authorities comes in to the scene, and become more intense in imposing regulations and control. But if these rules and regulations are made to benefits the users and patronizers of bitcoin, and will really make a positive impact in the economy. Then why not? We all hope that this will bring a larger market cap and wider coverage for the entire crypto world.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: