hey... guiminer speed: 257mhz
btcguild speed: 57mhz
also, is 257 reasonable for a 5850 considering im on the computer now? should this be higher? any advice?
The way to make sense out of this is to add two more pieces of information:
1) How long does it take you, on average, to generate a share? (Ideally, average over an hour or so.)
2) What percentage of your shares are being rejected by the pool?
The main explanations for this are:
1) Bad luck. The pool is judging based on how many shares you are finding.
2) The pool is averaging over a time period in which you weren't mining or hasn't had enough time yet.
3) You're broken in some way, so most of your hashes are not valid and are being rejected by the pool.