Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about MTMLR's Primecoin GPU Miner? (ReaperPrime)
Extremely Positive - 6 (7.3%)
Positive - 8 (9.8%)
Neutral - 20 (24.4%)
Negative - 15 (18.3%)
Extremely Negative - 33 (40.2%)
Total Voters: 82

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Opinions about the Primecoin GPU Miner  (Read 1724 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ReCat (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:58:56 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 11:36:33 PM by ReCat

Hello,

As many of you know, A while ago, mtmlr started working on a Primecoin GPU Miner, and he received a lot of money in donations from people, where when they donate they receive early beta access to the miner.

The beta-access period is now over, and the miner source is released, but the miner doesn't seem to work quite yet.

Some people are very mad about this, Others are not. I don't have any feelings of my own on it, because I didn't donate anyways.

So I've been wondering. What is are your feelings on this situation? Take the poll so that we can see what are the collective feelings of this forum are. Smiley

Note: Please not hating on Mtmlr or anyone else here. Hate posts will be deleted. Create your own thread if you are mad.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:26:01 PM

I'm ambivalent because I'm more worried about the current exchange rate of XPM and how its a loss to mine unless you have very efficient CPUs, very cheap power or both. Even the VPS boys won't be happy lately, most are running at a loss from what I can see.

Also are you being honest with yourself when you say "I don't have any feelings of my own on it, because I didn't donate anyways." because your Last Posts seem to indicate the GPU miner is the main thing you discuss?

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
hasle2

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:02:45 PM

There was a lot of hype that kept the donations trickling in and then crap was delivered... The code is buggy, inefficient and poorly written. As a professional software developer I am extremely unimpressed. Especially given the time he took and the lack of useful communication.
ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 10:37:13 PM

I agree. He could have at least communicated more often. I feel as if he does not care very much about the GPU Miner, to be honest. But I am not too sure about that.

I'm ambivalent because I'm more worried about the current exchange rate of XPM and how its a loss to mine unless you have very efficient CPUs, very cheap power or both. Even the VPS boys won't be happy lately, most are running at a loss from what I can see.

Also are you being honest with yourself when you say "I don't have any feelings of my own on it, because I didn't donate anyways." because your Last Posts seem to indicate the GPU miner is the main thing you discuss?

It is, but that's because I only check this forum when I am bored. No interesting stuff is happening in all other threads I posted in. Tongue

I admit I have a pet peeve towards mtmlr, but it's just personal, nothing about the GPU miner.

Poll results are coming in and I find them rather interesting. I wonder how many more votes It will get!

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:45:45 PM

I'm not into compiling my own files, so I'm just kinda so-so about it.  While I am happy it got made, there's something about old dogs and new tricks... I've forgotten more about programming than I probably ever knew Wink

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 02:10:28 AM

Mtrlt got over 77 BTC and provided nothing.  He an A+++ Scammer.

You can't call this piece of garbage a "miner" seeing that it doesn't "mine".  I don't think anyone has mined a block with it.  This thread should be renamed "[POLL] What do you think about the Primecoin GPU Scammer".

He only released the "miner" so that he could get out of his responsibility of providing all the people who paid him a working miner.  In reality though, he released nothing because it doesn't work.  It just doesn't work poorly.  It doesn't work at ALL!

This is just a total joke.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 02:13:54 AM

Btw, which fake accounts of mtrlt voted for "Extremely Positive", "Positive", or "Neutral"Huh lol

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:02:56 AM

Let's try not to rant about him here.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:05:16 AM

Dam seems to have been a fundamental breakdown of the market system , well for some I guess.

I myself didnt contribute , but one result we did find was that the market showed it was not a snap to make this miner .

This I think is interesting in its self , and of course once in possession of the capital the Dev was never going to refund it .

The market being what it is states that he tried , but it was actually outside the bounds of the possibilities that he had availible at that time .

So I think we got answers here . BTC well spent .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:16:22 AM

I know thieves that are more trustworthy.
muto

Activity: 457

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:39:20 AM

Btw, which fake accounts of mtrlt voted for "Extremely Positive", "Positive", or "Neutral"Huh lol

I voted for positive since he at least provided a basic piece of software which prooves that some  or all parts of the mining can be done via GPU. Someone could now improve the software an make it effective. All I'm wondering now is, that nobody seems to have an interest to do so?!

I also understand people which donated/payed him and feel scammed. But I think he has done something usefull for the commuity (and got payed good for it).
ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 11:22:32 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 11:37:39 PM by ReCat

I'm surprised by how negative the poll results are. 40% Extremely Negative?

I wonder if it'd be a good idea to create another poll asking if we think that the crash of Primecoin has any relevance to the GPU Miner. It could yield interesting results.

Edit: Done. Tongue

redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 03:00:56 AM

Hello,

As many of you know, A while ago, mtmlr started working on a Primecoin GPU Miner, and he received a lot of money in donations from people, where when they donate they receive early beta access to the miner.

The beta-access period is now over, and the miner source is released, but the miner doesn't seem to work quite yet.

Some people are very mad about this, Others are not. I don't have any feelings of my own on it, because I didn't donate anyways.

So I've been wondering. What is are your feelings on this situation? Take the poll so that we can see what are the collective feelings of this forum are. Smiley

Note: Please not hating on Mtmlr or anyone else here. Hate posts will be deleted. Create your own thread if you are mad.

It's not mtmlr it's mtrlt. Interesting post nonetheless.

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 03:42:41 PM

Hello,

It's not mtmlr it's mtrlt. Interesting post nonetheless.

I have serious difficulty properly spelling his name.

XD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: