Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:18:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When people say they buy BTC at different prices  (Read 130 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:50:46 PM

Many people would make comments like i bought bitcoin at 6k, and then at 15k, then bought some more at 8k etc.  I notice many people would mention this.  First off, if someone was not aware of bitcoin and how it works, wouldn't most people assuming the people who say this are buying at least 1 btc each everytime they say i bought btc at 6k, then 15k and then 8k etc?  Because the thing is someone could buy btc at 15k price but only bought like 500 dollars worth. 

So do people who say they bought btc at so many different prices, i guess it really doesn't mean that much if they buy very little right?  I mean you could even say i bought btc at 15k buy you bought maybe 100 dollars or even 10 dollars of it.  So in essence, am i correct with this statement or not?  Because serious how many people have the extra money to buy 1 btc even now?  Most people don't even 10k in their bank account etc.

eli113

Activity: 358
Merit: 254

void

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 06:59:53 PM

they buy as much they can afford , with BTC price around 10k most people are buying less than a full Bitcoin yep.
but since fees are 2-5$ or more per transaction the reasonable minimum to buy is 100$ or so.

void
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:05:27 PM

Many people would make comments like i bought bitcoin at 6k, and then at 15k, then bought some more at 8k etc.  I notice many people would mention this.  First off, if someone was not aware of bitcoin and how it works, wouldn't most people assuming the people who say this are buying at least 1 btc each everytime they say i bought btc at 6k, then 15k and then 8k etc?  Because the thing is someone could buy btc at 15k price but only bought like 500 dollars worth.  

So do people who say they bought btc at so many different prices, i guess it really doesn't mean that much if they buy very little right?  I mean you could even say i bought btc at 15k buy you bought maybe 100 dollars or even 10 dollars of it.  So in essence, am i correct with this statement or not?  Because serious how many people have the extra money to buy 1 btc even now?  Most people don't even 10k in their bank account etc.

This is why you should take the dollar cost average. If you bought 1 btc at $100 and 0.5 btc at $2000. You would've paid a total of $1100 for 1.5 btc and so would paid an average of $733 per btc. Thus it's better to say I've bought 1.5 btc at an average price of $733/btc.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
partysumo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:27:36 PM

Many people would make comments like i bought bitcoin at 6k, and then at 15k, then bought some more at 8k etc.  I notice many people would mention this.  First off, if someone was not aware of bitcoin and how it works, wouldn't most people assuming the people who say this are buying at least 1 btc each everytime they say i bought btc at 6k, then 15k and then 8k etc?  Because the thing is someone could buy btc at 15k price but only bought like 500 dollars worth. 

So do people who say they bought btc at so many different prices, i guess it really doesn't mean that much if they buy very little right?  I mean you could even say i bought btc at 15k buy you bought maybe 100 dollars or even 10 dollars of it.  So in essence, am i correct with this statement or not?  Because serious how many people have the extra money to buy 1 btc even now?  Most people don't even 10k in their bank account etc.

Well don't think about it in absolute terms, you say you bought at different levels just to have a general idea of how much profit you made until now. It's more like a feel-good thing rather than measuring actual fiscal performance, in my opinion.

Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:53:29 PM

We need to understand that the price of Bitcoin is a balance between what price someone is willing to trade with to part from the Bitcoin and what someone is ready to pay to acquire it. In a simpler scenario between two people, where I’m trying to buy a house from, say Mark. I’d be looking to buy the house at the cheapest price that I can get and Mark would be looking to sell the house at the highest price that he could get. Of Course, this transaction cannot happen if both of us stand our ground and refuse to come to an agreement. Say, this transaction is similar to majority of the transactions where I can afford to buy the house for a certain sum and no more than that, and Mark certainly does have a figure in mind below which he wouldn’t be willing to sell his house.

These are called upper and lower limits of what could be the value of the house in question. Once we have a clear picture of our upper and lower limits for this transaction, we can much easily decide on a price for the house that’s between our upper and lower limits of what we’re pricing the house at. This is an example of how a transaction takes place between two people that come together to trade a house in exchange for a certain sum of money.  Bitcoin exchanges and companies that transact using bitcoins determine a lower and a upper limit around what a person in possession of Bitcoin is willing to sell it for and what a person is willing to pay in order to acquire it. A price is finally determined after setting upper and lower limits between a seller and a buyer. A price is determined between the limits based on a pricing strategy that the company(exchange) employs.  This pricing strategy differs from company to company and could also manipulated if desired. A company’s pricing strategy is dependant on its internal policies and long term plans.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:00:56 PM

Erm if i say i bought bitcoin at $10,000 i mean i spent x amount on bitcoin.
If i was buying a full bitcoin i would say, i bought A bitcoin today at $10,000!

It diesnt really matter anyway, its just proving a point that those people are not afraid to buy at the stated price.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:39:25 PM

In different times there were different prices of Bitcoin. We all remember how Bitcoin had been fluctuated. It was quite possible to buy Bitcoin for 6k in November 2017. Now it is about 10k. This the answer I suppose.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:00:16 PM

I think bitcoin price will go higher than it is now so nobody lost buying when the price was higher than other times they bought. Of course they buy only how much they can afford to buy

The best is yet to come!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: