Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BTC Replaced by an Altcoin ?  (Read 195 times)
thinkme1st

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:22:06 AM

I don't think bitcoin is replaceable with any altcoin although it's transactions time getting slower but still people feel confident with bitcoins more and why not it's the first decentralized digital currency and survived for over 9 years with lot of bad news, government regulations etc. Bitcoin will always stay on top.

A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:25:55 AM

My Points:
  • BTC is tracable
  • BTC is having a huge txn costs
  • Time taken to transfer money is more than 10 minutes
  • Mining is being done with somewhat centralized servers(pools)
  • Several other Alts are now at the market and they performs well in the market
  • People use different currencies for different purposes
Your points are all right. But, you have forgotten that bitcoin is the most acceptable currency that can be converted into fiat. This alone gives bitcoin the upperhand from all the other alt coins. Still, the most important thing in this market is how you will be able to obtain your fiat money from digital money.
NerdYale

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:37:27 AM

Well there's a possibility, but I don;t think this will happen anytime soon. A lot of altcoins holders convert to btc when there is crisis in cryptocurrency in panic. So I think bitcoin will till be strong in spite of the above disadvantage reasons that you give.

Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:44:00 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 01:29:15 PM by Xardasim

The only reason Bitcoin is in such a good position is the first digital coin and in my opinion, there are dozens of altcoins that can reach the value of the Bitcoin's current circulation. For example, the Ethereum is one of the altcoins that have capacity to back up Bitcoin and no doubt it will be in the future.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:15:57 PM

only if you can find an altcoin that is truly better than bitcoin and solves the issues you think exist without introducing newer problems. for example some altcoins think they can solve the bitcoin scaling issue with simply increasing the block size of it or reducing the block time, (eg BCH and ETH) and they fail because they create newer problems.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:16:27 PM

There are definitely a few good altcoins that have got the potential to beat bitcoin such as Ethereum, Neo, and Litecoin. But I don't think they can beat bitcoin in near future.
rodskee

Activity: 2422
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

I still believe in bitcoin nobody can replace bitcoin as king of altcoins, I can't understand why people always asking bitcoin replace by the potential altcoin in the market, we should know have many problem and trials faces of bitcoin starting from the start as first decentralized cryptocurrency and all the problems are successfully fix. have nothing doubt bitcoin is very strong as currency.

andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:21:05 PM

My Points:
  • BTC is tracable

I think bitcoin can be replace with other altcoin. Right now, many coin/token with different good project and purpose. I am believe that bitcoin dominant on market cap will decrease because several good token/coin.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:21:27 PM

I don't see any reason to believe that bitcoin can substitute for any coin of altcoins. The only drawback of bitcoin is the speed of confirmation of the transaction. But this problem is sure to be solved. The rest of the arguments OP is a FUD. The price of a bitcoin transaction is also a very controversial point. In percentage terms, it is small, but if you convert it into dollars, it is high. This means that you need to move away from the need to convert Fiat to bitcoin and back.
tienigarazz

Activity: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:23:56 PM

I think its not, bitcoin grow so much and even the second coin next to bitcoin is spending much time just to surpass it. Replacing bitcoin is not that easy, and untill now i still didnt see any altcoin that is very close to replace bitcoin. Even though they are trying to copy bitcoin and even the name of it, still no one succeed to replace it.

perto01

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:27:18 PM

It is difficult to imagine the circumstances that could destroy the value of Bitcoin, the low number of transactions possible per minute. The high amount of electrical energy needed for mining, and the possibility that some entity may find a previously unsuspected exploit and game the system.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:28:59 PM

ETH has a good chance. When we look carefully at the characteristics that differentiate Bitcoin and Ethereum, we come to the conclusion that the second cryptocurrency is much more universal, gives more possibilities. It is no wonder that 2017 is not only in terms of the growing BTC price, but also the growing valuation and popularity of ETH. It seems that ETH has more features of the means of payment. Meanwhile, Bitcoin, due to its inalienable features, will become something like virtual gold, an asset that is supposed to preserve the value of capital over time.
Monro3000

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 12:31:26 PM

Why does everyone think that altcoins ever replace Bitcoin? That will not happen. even after 5 years (and this is a great time for cryptocurrency) capitalization of Bitcoins will be higher than that of any other cryptocurrency.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:36:19 PM

There will be time where the King will be replaced either by dying or having a better king as a replacement. Same goes to the Crypto the king is bitcoin but there is a super small of it dying however there is a chance of it being replaced by alt coin in the future if there will be a coin that can contend with bitcoin.
Spazzer

Activity: 1081
Merit: 309

I love technology.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 12:37:48 PM

I don't think an altcoin replacing Bitcoin is possible... yet. It's surely plausible and it would depend how the market moves forward with development. The Blockchain technology is revolutionary, but I still think it has not reached it's max potential. I would say with confidence it would depend on how the Bitcoin progresses overtime and any future technology creation in the industry.

Bitcoin will always be a security like gold, but I don't think it be the main form of cryptocurrency. So with that said it's very possible that an altcoin will replace Bitcoin.

PHYSIBIT, MANTIS CRYPTOS & CRYPTO QUILTS - The best and most trusted places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:43:51 PM

I don't see any reason to believe that bitcoin can substitute for any coin of altcoins. The only drawback of bitcoin is the speed of confirmation of the transaction. But this problem is sure to be solved. The rest of the arguments OP is a FUD. The price of a bitcoin transaction is also a very controversial point. In percentage terms, it is small, but if you convert it into dollars, it is high. This means that you need to move away from the need to convert Fiat to bitcoin and back.

Yes so lots of people will go to bitcoin but i think when the bitcoin price goes down I think I'll catch it with other altcoins, But it's hard to believe and happen.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:48:59 PM

My Points:
  • BTC is tracable

Well obviously, all of those you have mentioned are true and have already been taken into consideration by most investors out there. I get it, bitcoin is not perfect but it still has a lot of time to grow and get fixes to its issues that most of us get irritated about. And honestly, I think that people have accepted these drawbacks of bitcoins, which is why they still put their money into it and hold for long periods of time. Although I know that there will always be a possibility that bitcoins will get replaced by some random altcoin out there that clearly is more better than what bitcoin is today but I personally think that it will take a whole bunch of time before this happens. Specially when we try to consider that most of us here was brought in to the crypto world because of bitcoins or have known bitcoins first before we have ever heard of other altcoins.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
lombok

Activity: 882
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 12:53:35 PM

see the development of the declining bitcoin, however bitcoin will be difficult to replace by altcoin because bitcoin is a milestone of altcoins.
Quasr25

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:57:00 PM

I often think will bitcoin reach some sort of 'gold' status in cryptocurrencies in the future? Even if we have better and quicker cryptos that are less energy consuming, BTC introduced the blockchain technology and is by far the most well known and is relatively scarce. Maybe because of that it will retain a high value in the future.
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:05:17 PM

This has been asked a lot of times in this thread. Before, I've been thinking that it would be replaced soon but as I observed, it would take time before it will. As we all noticed, when the value of Bitcoin drops, all the other coins do the same thing.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: