Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus Earth aims at sending their blockchain into orbit by 2019  (Read 167 times)
Mike Avaravi (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:16:57 PM

So what do you guys think is Nexus going to be a bull or bullshit? Seeing that they have a team and partnerships of well respected people, I doubt the latter is the case.

Peronally i think this might be a top 10 sometime if they actually go forward with their plan of launching sattelites into orbit by 2019. Just look at all the media attention bitcoin is getting just because of some insignificant price dump despite it having a lot of problems with transaction fees etc.

Another guy not coin who has gotten alot of attention in the media is Elon Musk the guy who lunched his Tesla into orbit recently. Actually one of the companies nexus is partnered with actually helped fund SpaceX in it`s early days. This is really not that important for the price development of Nexus. But it proves that nexus is partnered with some serious companies that actually have the guts to invest in high risk projects.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nexus/
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:26:24 PM

Nexus is still trying to help translate Satoshi's dream of decentralization and as such continues to work on improving the bitcoin protocol, using the Nexus Network as a platform for these improvements. I'm sure that
 The cost of Nexus will increase many times, but this will happen gradually!
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:33:05 PM

I haven't followed this much at all. Can you expand a little, they hope to send their blockchain in to space, for what purpose? Just because they can, or to preserve the timelessness of it?

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:42:22 PM

I know that SpaceChain has already send a satellite for their blockchain at the beginning of this month. The launch was a success. But the price did go lower. And now it is still very low. This kind of news may not have a big impact on the price i think. Only the whales decide when the price should increase or not.
Mike Avaravi (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:20:09 PM

I haven't followed this much at all. Can you expand a little, they hope to send their blockchain in to space, for what purpose? Just because they can, or to preserve the timelessness of it?

They plan on building this so the satelites can provide the blockchain worldwide even places that dosen`t have internet sort of how gps works. Like 3/4 of the world dosen`t have internet. Also preservation is not really an issue with blockchain. Btw satelites are not timeless nothing in this world is. Btw just imagine if currencies with masternodes put their masternodes on satelites? How inn the world would the goverment seize those without spending billions if even possible? It would be the ultimate privacy.

Srry for my really shitty post but i`m so tired from work this week. Thinking of dedicating myself to crypto now that I`m back inn crypto after 4 years... Damn miss those times where the only way to get bitcoin  was to find a guy on some forum... haha
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:43:19 PM

They plan on building this so the satelites can provide the blockchain worldwide even places that dosen`t have internet sort of how gps works. Like 3/4 of the world dosen`t have internet. Also preservation is not really an issue with blockchain. Btw satelites are not timeless nothing in this world is. Btw just imagine if currencies with masternodes put their masternodes on satelites? How inn the world would the goverment seize those without spending billions if even possible? It would be the ultimate privacy.

Srry for my really shitty post but i`m so tired from work this week. Thinking of dedicating myself to crypto now that I`m back inn crypto after 4 years... Damn miss those times where the only way to get bitcoin  was to find a guy on some forum... haha

Definately, it would bring priacy, but can they really do it? I mean how much cooling masternodes need? Because heat dissipation is not an easy thing in space, only emissive cooling can be done, but thats not really a thing. The only viable way is shooting up liquid helium which cools it for a while.
Mike Avaravi (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:40:23 AM

Srry for my really shitty post but i`m so tired from work this week. Thinking of dedicating myself to crypto now that I`m back inn crypto after 4 years... Damn miss those times where the only way to get bitcoin  was to find a guy on some forum... haha

Definately, it would bring priacy, but can they really do it? I mean how much cooling masternodes need? Because heat dissipation is not an easy thing in space, only emissive cooling can be done, but thats not really a thing. The only viable way is shooting up liquid helium which cools it for a while.

Privacy is probably not nexuses goal so it would be more like a mesh network of satelites working together. If you a worried about the cost of launching micro satelites, this has recently gone down quite a bit. Even weather stations are launching microsatelites via smaller relatively cheap rockets. Also these are not high orbit like the space station, but low-orbit so they don`t need such powerful equipment. I think they have the cooling problem figured out already. Do you have any sources on them using helium?
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:55:08 PM

Sorry, I was sleepy last time, so maybe my sentences were not reflecting my thoughts perfectly.
I know launching satellites became cheaper, so that is not an issue.
I was mainly thinking about cooling. Satellites usually have coolants, and liquid helium is a popular choice. Although I did not find any specific article, this explains it pretty well:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-satellites-cool-down-in-space-without-any-exterior-matter-to-exchange-heat

I wondered how much power would their satellite need, and how much heat would be created by this. (Power used should be around the same amount with the heat created in Joules for computation). And an the cooling be solved with an emissive cooling system, or do the system needs some coolant like liquid helium?
It all depends on the operating temperatures, and the power usage I guess.
Mike Avaravi (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:39:11 PM

Sorry, I was sleepy last time, so maybe my sentences were not reflecting my thoughts perfectly.
I know launching satellites became cheaper, so that is not an issue.
I was mainly thinking about cooling. Satellites usually have coolants, and liquid helium is a popular choice. Although I did not find any specific article, this explains it pretty well:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-satellites-cool-down-in-space-without-any-exterior-matter-to-exchange-heat

I wondered how much power would their satellite need, and how much heat would be created by this. (Power used should be around the same amount with the heat created in Joules for computation). And an the cooling be solved with an emissive cooling system, or do the system needs some coolant like liquid helium?
It all depends on the operating temperatures, and the power usage I guess.

Probably not more then a computer so maybe 200w? I think they are relatively power efficient considering they use solar panels. Btw pasing on a couple hundred transactions per minute is not really that heavy for a computer. What is heavy is the hashing witch i doubt a satellite would do. You`re probably right about the helium but i think their using it like a cooling fluid passing the heat from one spot to another to the radiate it of as thermal energy. The same way the sun radiates energy though space. Well a satelite dosen`t get that hot but you get the idea. Anyways once they launch their first cluster of 30 or so satelites this coin is going to moon.
Ontological0

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:10:15 PM

Why is nexus continuous growing on the chart, and more to come?

1. Nexus will release Tritium on the 31th of January!
2. 4300% until ATH!!
3. Nobody selling NXS knowing its gonna blow, check chart.
4. 1W chart diverging bullish, and more buying than selling.
5. 20.8k twitter followers
6. Low volume, and increasing volume.
7. 6 huge partners! One of them Singularitynet!
8. Severely Undervalued. Bulls are coming soon.
9. Amazing website, white paper and fundamentals.
10. More Bullish news to follow this week.
diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 06:43:46 PM

It's just a pointless media stunt that might generate a little attention but won't lead to anything in the long run. The best blockchain will win out, there's no need for it to be in orbit or not.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: