Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:33:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FED announces it will stick with stimulus program---how will this impact BTC?  (Read 3518 times)
gogxmagog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:14:19 PM

I feel that they are just digging themselves deeper, print more money and inflation abounds. Things aren't working out and it is only a matter of time before the bottom falls out. (I predict very soon after Obama is out of office-always lay it on the next guy, amiright?) I feel kind of bad for welcoming news that will put millions of people into lives of penury, but I honestly believe this is the next step in galvanizing BTC as a viable alternative to the central banks and fiat  itself.

Thats my cave-man opinion...what do you think???

DoogieHouser

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:28:46 PM

It may not matter what the FED does... World Bank Whistleblower, Karen Hudes, seems to think that economic collapse is fast-approaching for the USA. In fact, she's telling people to start using Bitcoin.  Wink

http://wp.me/p2FKR4-hv

--Doogie
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:41:53 PM

It may not matter what the FED does... World Bank Whistleblower, Karen Hudes, seems to think that economic collapse is fast-approaching for the USA. In fact, she's telling people to start using Bitcoin.  Wink

http://wp.me/p2FKR4-hv
It seems like that guy wanted to pump gold.
He kept interrupting her when she mentioned bitcoins.
will1982

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:02:41 PM

While I do believe the dollar will slowly destabilize, I don't think there will be a large crash soon (1 year?)
neutralist

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:58:38 AM

The USD need to devalue more, preferably to unity with the Chinese RMB or Hong Kong Dollar, in order to stop outsourcing and have the jobs coming back to the USA.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 02:18:42 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 03:18:04 AM by CIYAM Open

The USD need to devalue more, preferably to unity with the Chinese RMB or Hong Kong Dollar, in order to stop outsourcing and have the jobs coming back to the USA.

In regards to the HKD that is simply not possible unless the USD goes to zero as the HKD is *directly* pegged to the USD (i.e. 1 USD has been around 7.75 HKD since 1983 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_dollar).

Although the RMB isn't directly pegged to the USD it is used along with various other foreign currencies to determine its value (so also very unlikely to see the USD ever on par with it little own being worth less than it - and the Chinese government would simply change the mix to ensure that the RMB is worth less for export reasons so the US is not likely to ever *win* a currency war against China).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:25:35 AM

Bitcoin goes up when stupid americans speculate that it will and throw fiat at Gox. There are no other causes.
chufchuf

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:11:55 AM

The dollar won't crash, of course it won't. That's just the kind of shit godlikeproductions or Alex Jones would peddle. It won't crash because it or other national governments will feed more money into itself. But it not crashing doesn't take away from the fact that anyone with money has to come to the logical realization that by being invisible, BTC is the safest store of value out there...

Don't listen to Walsoraj, Jaroslaw has invaded his anal canal catholic church exorcist style and he's panicked and hoping for a minicrash to go back in.
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:37:23 AM

Don't listen to Walsoraj, Jaroslaw has invaded his anal canal catholic church exorcist style and he's panicked and hoping for a minicrash to go back in.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy funniest thing i've yet read on this forum!!!!

The next 24 hours are critical!
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:18:55 AM

The dollar may not crash, for a couple of reasons.

One reason is that it is very integrated with the real economy. The reason bitcoin is volatile, is that there is not much of a real economy using it for transactions in trade. Dollar is, which means that when new dollars come into being, they will be traded maybe thousands of times before all the prices in the dollar economy are adjusted. We can only speculate on the lag, but it may be many years.

Another reason is the existence of local fiats, or dollar altcoins. Some are supposedly pegged somehow to the dollar, some are supposedly not pegged, but in reality all are to some degree coupled to the dollar. These dollar altcoins is like a buffer to the inflation, it will happen in the altcoins first, just like a leaf in the autumn fades on the edges first.

xxjs

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:38:21 AM

Adding to that, the time shifting function of money: On the individual level, you can choose to save money in the mattress ( for no reward, money value raises for others to spend), lend, thereby let others spend or invest in stead of you, deposit in bank (thereby letting others loan, and letting the money supply expand as well), or invest directly.

On a global scale, with money factored out, there is only a question of who can spend or invest directly, it is not possible to generally save, except to invest.

It seems this is obvious for the members of bitcointalk.
neutralist

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:15:13 PM

The dollar may not crash, for a couple of reasons.

One reason is that it is very integrated with the real economy.

The reason it is very integrated becaused it is being forced to. The USD is being backed by the world strongest military.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:21:07 PM

What many fail to realize is foreign currency exchange is a $5.4 trillion/per day industry.  And the USD is on one side or the other, of 87% of those trades.  It's always fair to say, "nothing lasts forever" but the USD isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  And the masses belief in the longevity of the USD isn't soon to fade either.  So as with any "currency" that aims to be successful, BTC should focus on mass adoption and not betting it's success on currencies and/or countries, failing sometime down the road.  Not only is it morally bankrupt to bet ones success on another's failure, it's just plain stupid and speaks more about its weaknesses, than it does about its strengths.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:31:09 PM

^^^^ This +1

Agree with this.

The next 24 hours are critical!
xxjs

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:43:11 PM

[...]
It's always fair to say, "nothing lasts forever" but the USD isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
[...]
You realize that this is the universally accepted "trust me" argument, not?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:23:29 PM

Half the Gox wall tracker thread seems to be similarly possessed. Panic sellers indulging in wishful thinking.

Smiley
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:04:19 PM

One important factor people forget that is in the US dollar's favour: sovereign/currency collapse in other countries around the world. If they are in any significant debt to the World Bank, or amenable to IMF bailout money, what currency do you think the bailout will be denominated in? Helicopter Ben might need to upgrade to concorde.

Vires in numeris
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 05:07:27 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2013/09/19/london-whale-fail-jpmorgan-chase-smacked-with-920m-fine/

This makes me smile. Smiley

Why post this? Mtgox / Bitpay is the JPM of Bitcoin.
im3w1l

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:07:36 PM

More money looking for a home.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 05:09:15 PM