Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Form 1099-K for 2011  (Read 6711 times)
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2011, 08:19:34 PM

With all due respect, Peter Thiel doesn't run it anymore.

Ok...that explains a lot.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zerbie

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2011, 06:56:54 PM

Wonder if you can refuse to use FRN's and pay the taxes in BTC's instead.  If the government wants, it can turn them back into FRN's.  But the cool thing would be the legitimization of an alternative currency.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2011, 07:28:27 AM

Wonder if you can refuse to use FRN's and pay the taxes in BTC's instead.  If the government wants, it can turn them back into FRN's.  But the cool thing would be the legitimization of an alternative currency.

Time to start a poll: who will be the first government to start accepting bitcoin as payment for taxes?

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2011, 08:54:03 AM

The government of the Hacker nation on the planet known as B13, colloqially known as "Bitcoin" or "Planet Bitcoin".

Next poll: who will be the first to *pay* such taxes, and how does anyone know that 1FZRuiMdiaeuYLDpTgKEpZFXJqx8tzKxUf is the right address to send them to?

Even if they published such an address, how do we know they will actually credit such payments against such taxes?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Anonymous

February 03, 2011, 09:03:20 AM

Live outside the US so you dont have to file a form?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2011, 09:08:50 AM

In my experience the U.S. seems to tend to want a form officially affirming I am not from the U.S. and further something about how much business I actually do in the U.S. or how totally I can really claim to not be U.S. or something like that. That might have been about some other form than the one discussed here but was something someone did need for me to do business with them due to they themselves were in the U.S.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Anonymous

February 03, 2011, 09:12:58 AM

In my experience the U.S. seems to tend to want a form officially affirming I am not from the U.S. and further something about how much business I actually do in the U.S. or how totally I can really claim to not be U.S. or something like that. That might have been about some other form than the one discussed here but was something someone did need for me to do business with them due to they themselves were in the U.S.

-MarkM-

I know with commission junction and other types of sites they get you to fill out that form.

Its like they dont want anyone investing in the country ....
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2011, 09:38:20 AM

Quote "Its like they dont want anyone investing in the country ...."

Since with CJ et al it's about them paying me "affiliate commissions", it seems in such cases more about the U.S. doesn't want them investing in potentially anti-U.S. terrorists.

(Or who knows, maybe any terrorists, even pro-U.S. terrorists. What is the likelihood of that? Hmm...)

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: