Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 07:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: garliccoin split  (Read 98 times)
radiocoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:52:25 PM

just noticed the switch to Allium algorithm (remember to update your miners!) and the difficulty level shot from script being around 60 to 65 to allium being around 250 260ish. notably affecting my ability to produce, understandably.   is there a advantage with the now algorithm? I'm not a big fan right now as a miner but my hopes are that the price goes back up with the choice. looks like it favors the heavy miners.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:01:02 PM

Garliccoin??? Never heard about it, only mineable right now? Sometimes I envy the miners, cause I've seen some really good coins open up to miners first before anyone else. I know some miners made a lot of money mining LuxCoin which went like 40x.

radiocoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:29:39 PM

garliccoin came around January as a scrypt and was very easy to mine. specifically as gpu. even cpu mining was profitable for a little bit. now they switched the algorithm . the market cap shows around end of January. witch was a good sign that it would be around for a while. and even though the price was sporadic in the beginning, it seamed to level off and if not come back recently. i heard it was supposed to be like a stronger dogecoin. it still seams minable but i think the difficulty is starting to rise faster with the new algorithm.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: