Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Blue Fury USB Miner, 0.90 or less per unit (Dabs) Philippines/Asia  (Read 21599 times)
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:34:10 AM

Okay, I just got tracking information. It says it will arrive on Monday. So, well, relax, I'll be enjoying my weekend. You all get your miners when I get them after taking a few pictures.

Today should be Halloween, where the young adults go trick or treat, for candies. The kids had their trick or treat events yesterday or the other day, early afternoon.

I'm focusing more on "good" costumes, like angels with wings, wholesome cartoon characters or superheroes. My folks don't like the scary and morbid stuff ... they say halloween is not ... (okay, I'm not getting into any religious debate, so no further comments.)

All Saints, is where everyone goes to the memorial plots or cemeteries and camp out all night, supposedly praying. But everyone is gambling, playing cards, or mahjong, rocking out a concert, and there are tons of fast food joints (mcdonalds, pizza hut, etc.) with tents and mobile carts set up either in the perimeter or actually inside the memorial.

Personally, I do not visit any dead relatives on November 1. We do that on another day, skip all the traffic, and pray that kuya (older brother) and Lolo (grandfather) and Lola (grandmother) understands. We normally schedule it like a week or two later. Or we just visit some other month.

Too many people on November 1. And the police are all over the place; they like to hold onto my guns. (I'm a soldier remember? I always have my firearm with me.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 05:09:20 AM

Okay, I just got tracking information. It says it will arrive on Monday. So, well, relax, I'll be enjoying my weekend. You all get your miners when I get them after taking a few pictures.

Today should be Halloween, where the young adults go trick or treat, for candies. The kids had their trick or treat events yesterday or the other day, early afternoon.

I'm focusing more on "good" costumes, like angels with wings, wholesome cartoon characters or superheroes. My folks don't like the scary and morbid stuff ... they say halloween is not ... (okay, I'm not getting into any religious debate, so no further comments.)

All Saints, is where everyone goes to the memorial plots or cemeteries and camp out all night, supposedly praying. But everyone is gambling, playing cards, or mahjong, rocking out a concert, and there are tons of fast food joints (mcdonalds, pizza hut, etc.) with tents and mobile carts set up either in the perimeter or actually inside the memorial.

Personally, I do not visit any dead relatives on November 1. We do that on another day, skip all the traffic, and pray that kuya (older brother) and Lolo (grandfather) and Lola (grandmother) understands. We normally schedule it like a week or two later. Or we just visit some other month.

Too many people on November 1. And the police are all over the place; they like to hold onto my guns. (I'm a soldier remember? I always have my firearm with me.)

Sounds like a lot of fun...minus the crowds of course! Me and my brothers always gamble and play cards every time we meet up at family reunions...we live in different countries now so that is not too often unfortunately.

Dabs is the gun for protection or just out of habit? or both?
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:18:54 AM

Dabs is the gun for protection or just out of habit? or both?
It really is more out of habit. Although it disperses big crowds easily. (I'm joking!)

The usual pro-gun stuff follows: better to have it and not need it than the other way around, from my cold dead hands, when guns are outlawed, ... Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents. Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. “He who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.” Luke 22:36. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. ... blah blah blah blah blah.

I don't even think about it anymore, I just carry it. Not because I need it, but so I don't have to think about where I am going because it doesn't matter as much where I am going.

I have also developed the following philosophy: The penalty for illegal possession of firearms is less than death.

Anyway, this is a bitcoin forum, not a gun forum, so... not going there to debate it either.

heheheh...

xxaudioxx

Activity: 141
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:03:18 AM

Any info about this dabs?

Compensation has been decided. We will be compensating everyone 0.05BTC because of the delays.

These delays have been out of our hands and they have caused us a lot of issues and grief. We are sorry for the issues caused.

+1 smracer, +2 MadSweeney, +1 bitdragon, +1 mimarob, +1 Valalvax, +2 dbox, +100 payb.tc, +1 TheBitMan, +2 gusti, +1 hashking, +1 Xunie, +2 wm-center, +1 Scott J

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484.msg962923#msg962923
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:14:00 AM

@xxaudio, I'll let you all know if I get anything. I'm out and offline for the weekend. See you all on Monday and hope to ship out your miners then.

klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 10:12:04 AM

I'm excited too! And I've decided to use FedEx for all international shipments, even if you paid for UPS. They're much closer to me and I can get them shipped to you the day they arrive.

Will you still be using FedEx Dabs?
They are pretty efficient  Cool
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:54:51 AM

*checks watch*

Hmm... coming up to 3pm Manilla time.

*looks around*

I wonder if those Blue Furies will arrive today, they're going to have to arrive quickly if they're able to be on-shipped to other parts of Asia this afternoon!

*thinks positive thoughts and asks the All Saints spirits to help things along*

-----

Thanks Dabs, I know you're as anxious as anyone to get hold of them.

Smiley

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:10:18 AM

Yes, I will use FedEx. I like Blue couriers for Blue Furys.

Will you still be using FedEx Dabs?
They are pretty efficient  Cool

I have to leave my office now. I just checked at home. No packages yet. I will pass by there to see. The tracking says the latest is 8 PM, but then I can't send it out anymore by that time, so first thing in the morning for sure.

*checks watch*

Hmm... coming up to 3pm Manilla time.

*looks around*

I wonder if those Blue Furies will arrive today, they're going to have to arrive quickly if they're able to be on-shipped to other parts of Asia this afternoon!

*thinks positive thoughts and asks the All Saints spirits to help things along*

-----

Thanks Dabs, I know you're as anxious as anyone to get hold of them.

Smiley

geoffreyqp

Activity: 712

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:17:19 PM

call customs at the airport. sometimes my fedex stuff get's stuck there.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:16:47 PM

Package arrived. I will repack and send them all off later this afternoon.

klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 12:53:02 AM

Package arrived. I will repack and send them all off later this afternoon.

Woohoo! Celebrate good times come on!

http://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:23:05 AM

Okay, I've got good news and not-so-good news.

Good news: package arrived.
Not-so-good: package is not complete. I'm missing some miners.

So, I've contacted some of the buyers to see if they will accept part of their orders first, then the rest will follow as soon as Big Picture sends me the remaining (or I will ask them to ship it directly to you.)

Those who ordered only 1 or 2 miners, you'll get them. By the way, some of you have not yet paid the shipping cost (as outlined in the first post or OP), so I will contact you to make those payments now as I prepare your miners to be shipped to you.

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 03:12:48 AM

will you be getting the red furys?
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:16:26 AM

Okay. Everything sorted out. Everyone will get their miners. Thank you for understanding. All international buyers will get whatever tracking FedEx gives me. (usually it's a code or something.)

will you be getting the red furys?

I'm sending out the Blue ones. The Red ones are a different batch I think. I might consider setting up another group buy for that after this one.

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:37:39 AM

Alright, great, thanks very much for arranging all this Dabs. It was a bit of stress reading the earlier comments about the package being incomplete, glad that everything is sorted out and that the Furies are on their way to FedEx.

Great work, thanks again!  Cheesy

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:13:28 PM

All international buyers have their miners shipped (and I reached the cut-off for today.) All local buyers likewise have their miners shipped. If you want the tracking code, just PM, too lazy to dig it up from my bag and they said it will be there in 2 to 3 days.

You may notice that I wrapped your miners in bubble thingies, and cardboard. I didn't have time to make it nice, so I just wrapped them up a bit overkill. I didn't even open the anti-static bag they came in.

When you guys get it, kindly post here if you can. I took a couple of pictures but they are only cell phone quality. I will post them tomorrow, I got tired wrapping your miners at the Fed Ex office.

Now, I'm just waiting for my drugs from the silk road... ... oh wait, they shut down...

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:25:06 PM

Thanks Dabs, great to know they made the cut off today and are probably on a plane heading south to Sydney at this moment. I won't bother asking you for a tracking number, they'll no doubt be here by the end of the week and if they haven't arrived on Monday, then I'll ask for a tracking ID just to make sure that during some layover in Indonesia some Fed Ex worker didn't open the package and is sneakily mining away with them  Cheesy

I'll be sure to post here when they arrive, looking forward to it!

Thanks very much indeed!

Smiley

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:50:57 AM

I've just had some of my enthusiasm diluted by looking at the Blue Fury support thread. It's getting ugly over there and I hope I don't have to go through the pain that some of those folks are experiencing:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319419.140

It's not exactly comforting to hear that BPMC are holding back on firmware releases when the majority of people posting cannot even get their miners to hash, it's even less exhilarating to hear people talk of compensation, refunds and threatening to contacting Paypal. I've read all the eight pages of that thread so far, it's a bloodbath with the average 'success' being units that struggle to hash at even the lower end of the estimated 2.2 - 2.7 GH/s if they even work at all.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about the product, with luck all our units will hash away in a straightforward manner, maybe it's only a few unlucky people who are commenting on that thread. There's a lot of good brains working on the problems so with luck all the issues will be sorted out very soon.

*crosses fingers and calls out to the All Saints spirits hoping they haven't vanished for another year*

Undecided

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:07:04 AM

i have contacted the EE who works on the firmware and also distributed it to Luke-Jr and Ckolivas if anything gets updated we will release it.

Message me if you have any problems
klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 02:00:44 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 02:15:39 PM by klintay

I have received 10 of my miners today from Dabs (I am the guy who has half of their miners missing... there was suppose to be 20, currently waiting for them to be sent from NZ...no tracking number as of yet). Beastlymac and his team have been in communication with me though and i should have tracking info tomorrow.

I have tested this lot before sending them out to my customers. The average mining speed was 2.22- 2.45 with the majority of them mining at about 2.3 gh/s. There were two with speeds of 2.45 gh/s. This is within the range stipulated (2.2 - 2.7 gh/s) so i believe it is acceptable. However one could only hash at 2.18 gh/s. On the plus side, all of them did work. I have yet to find any that were "duds". The speed limitations are because of the bitfury chips which simply vary in quality. I do believe firmware/clocking patches will be released once there are enough of these in the wild. I also suspect that they may hash faster with cgminer (I have heard of this happening before). Once i receive my last 10 i will test them on cgminer and see if there is any noticeable speed difference. I didn't have enough time today as they have been repackaged and sent out immediately to my customers.

Dabs did very well and sent these as fast as he could given all the circumstances. Delivery to me took 1 day and I know Dabs paid for this out of his own pocket.

Here is a video on youtube, it explains how to set them up using bgfminer:
http://youtu.be/eUtcah8iSNE
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: